Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- crickally said This unfortunate woman has delivered herself mind,...
- Latin Mass Type said Which Catholic schools do those poor grandchildren...
- marytoo said “marriage equality is important”…..for her c...
- Fr. Timothy Ferguson said I think the territorial abbacies are being suppres...
- Max said Pelosi has already excommunicated herself with her...
- Max said Amen! “Charles Lwanga and companions died fo...
- Landless Laborer said He who has dignity doesn’t sin, or if he doe...
- Auggie said In the words of the African bishops: “Repent...
- KaTeKu said This is a joke, right? I mean, Father, this post i...
- Moro said At least in the ordinary form, priests of Opus Dei...
- Venerator Sti Lot said There is also a strange element in this history of...
- discens said To the Masked Chicken. I agree with you on the pre...
- dans0622 said Father, perhaps it is matter for another post but...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said mezzodiva54 says: why on earth should civilization...
- Packrraat said Patti, also SCARY is what is awaiting Pelosi if sh...
- Dave N. said I wonder how long it’s going to take people...
- mezzodiva54 said I watched 2 or 3 episodes of Revolution and decide...
- discens said To robtbrown. I say no to your opening question be...
- The Masked Chicken said “In response to robtbrown, I say ‘artificial...
- Patti Day said What a disgrace. Scary that there are worse waitin...
- TNCath said To borrow a phrase from His Eminence, Cardinal Bur...
- robtbrown said Peter Lombard should read Peter Abelard
- benedetta said Father Z driving a Bugatti Chiron and all is right...
- benedetta said His name is Justin? Absolutely I will help this v...
- anniemw said APX – Perhaps you should look into the Labou...
- SanSan said Done! $100 sent for Justin!
- Sonshine135 said Bruce Jenner needed some serious help that he didn...
- Sonshine135 said But Father…Father…Pope Francis says yo...
- APX said I can empathize. My vocation to enter Carmel is pe...
- Scott W. said what mistake am I making — either as to the requir...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: What to say in Roman Canon when in Territorial Abbey?
- St. Charles Lwanga, martyred by sexually deviant King
- Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail!
- ACTION ITEM! Help a reader, an aspiring monk!
- Madison, WI – Thurs 4 June – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- 2 June 1865: America Civil War officially ended (and more)
- ASK FATHER: Can friends of same sex “marry” to avoid deportation?
- BUGATTI UPDATE!
- Vanity Fair and the Synod
- If you are a little bored someday
- ASK FATHER: When does Paschaltide end?
- Fathers! A serious warning!
- June and You
- Your Good News
- Congratulations Newly Ordained Fr. Tim Ferguson!
- The upcoming “environment” encyclical, “human ecology”, and the everlasting pains of Hell
- An angry Fr. Z’s Trinity Sunday with help from Fr. Rutler
- A Trinity Sunday question for readers
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 7 August 2009
"It is fully time to take action and stand with our Holy Father who is himself so admirably peaceful and coherent in fulfilling all his duties. We are greatly blessed by the quality of his teaching."
I had the chance to … Continue reading
“More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.”
St. Theresa of Avila (+1582)
Penjing still thrives and still has very little to say.
Time to get out the clippers.
The Chinese Elm, Penzai, has leafed out very well.
A trim will be necessary soon. I’ll have to read up on this tree.
The Japanese Maple, … Continue reading
It is always a matter of fascination to me that, as technology advances, we find more and more interesting in venerable old "relics" about which extravagant claims have been made. For example, with the development of photography we found that … Continue reading
First, many thanks again to all of you who helped me go to England for Fr. Finigan’s 25th Jubilee celebration. It meant a lot to be able to go. Also, many thanks to Fr. Basden of St. Bede’s for the … Continue reading
A long-time reader and WDTPRSer GS sent this useful e-mail:
I just came across a concise roundup of currently published hand missals for the usus antiquior. Although the post is almost a year old, I don’t know of any new players in the … Continue reading
What should worry readers in the following is the unavoidable conclusion that The Tablet can’t stand Pope Benedict. The editors of "the Bitter Pill" hold Pope Benedict in such contempt that the editors are willing to objectify even the … Continue reading
We all know from some of our less frequently self-editing brethren that it is clearly a MORTAL SIN for women not to have a head covering in church and that all women are all REQUIRED always to have a head … Continue reading
Looking for an image which describes the feelings of many in our own time?
There is a photo on the blog A Catholic Life…