- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Cincinnati Priest said One thing I’ve observed as a pastor is that...
- Elizabeth D said I think that it is not good art, and definitely no...
- jmgarciajr said That rather looks like something one drinks from a...
- boxerpaws1952 said OMG
- lsclerkin said Easter Island,, indeed. Is that kryptonite stickin...
- James C said SpesUnica, Father, it’s not that I think I C...
- Sword40 said I join with all those that have offered their than...
- kat said Cannot the NO Mass be said by the priest each day...
- nola catholic said There’s no dispute about the awfulness of th...
- Sword40 said This problem is relatively easy to solve IF you ha...
- Fr. Erik Richtsteig said Ugly. Doesn’t fit with the architecture. Som...
- Andreas said For another example of altered altars, might I dir...
- pelerin said I was amused at robtbrown’s reply guaranteei...
- Moro said Is it possible to earn credits in purgatory toward...
- Joan M said And someone paid for that! What a total waste.
- Menagerie said I don’t find it brutal, I find it ridiculous...
- Random Friar said The greatest factor in limiting time at our parish...
- Rachel K said Hi folks, sorry to break up the party, but althoug...
- disco said It’s the pieta with gumby and pokey!
- yatzer said There are also injuries, illnesses, and surgeries...
- Bedens said If women are going to read at Mass, I believe the...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said It’s interesting that this piece was . . . a...
- J_Cathelineau said It seems that I am not only a promethean neo-pelag...
- Priam1184 said On the subject of cyberwarfare: I always think of...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Bridget Theresa quoted a man of her acquaintance w...
- kpoterack said I am still trying to understand Pope Francis, but...
- Sissy said jacobi said: “It leads me to another idea wh...
- VexillaRegis said LOL, robtbrown!
- jacobi said Catholic Coffee Thank you for that comment. It lea...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 7 August 2009
"It is fully time to take action and stand with our Holy Father who is himself so admirably peaceful and coherent in fulfilling all his duties. We are greatly blessed by the quality of his teaching."
I had the chance to … Continue reading
“More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.”
St. Theresa of Avila (+1582)
Penjing still thrives and still has very little to say.
Time to get out the clippers.
The Chinese Elm, Penzai, has leafed out very well.
A trim will be necessary soon. I’ll have to read up on this tree.
The Japanese Maple, … Continue reading
It is always a matter of fascination to me that, as technology advances, we find more and more interesting in venerable old "relics" about which extravagant claims have been made. For example, with the development of photography we found that … Continue reading
First, many thanks again to all of you who helped me go to England for Fr. Finigan’s 25th Jubilee celebration. It meant a lot to be able to go. Also, many thanks to Fr. Basden of St. Bede’s for the … Continue reading
A long-time reader and WDTPRSer GS sent this useful e-mail:
I just came across a concise roundup of currently published hand missals for the usus antiquior. Although the post is almost a year old, I don’t know of any new players in the … Continue reading
What should worry readers in the following is the unavoidable conclusion that The Tablet can’t stand Pope Benedict. The editors of "the Bitter Pill" hold Pope Benedict in such contempt that the editors are willing to objectify even the … Continue reading
We all know from some of our less frequently self-editing brethren that it is clearly a MORTAL SIN for women not to have a head covering in church and that all women are all REQUIRED always to have a head … Continue reading