"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Southern Baron said I regularly go at a shrine, not my home parish, be...
- LarryW2LJ said “Post-birth abortion”, because the wor...
- robtbrown said Like St Anthony’s in Boston, this church has...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Gabriel Syme: Since the Second Vatican Council, t...
- The Masked Chicken said I thought that the younger generation was supposed...
- Lili of the fields said Yes Father Z, I could not agree more: we need wha...
- Gabriel Syme said Mary Jane, “This is not true. It does matter...
- Gabriel Syme said Giuseppe, “If a Roman Catholic has access to...
- Gabriel Syme said Gerard Plourde , “The first principle of mai...
- Jacques-Antoine Fierz said Thank you Father. Just a remark. Borromini has 2 r...
- Fr. Pius, OP said OK, for those looking for the relevant pages on-li...
- Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner – and Feel a Bit Ambivalent About the Synod : Oriens said [...] ties in with an earlier Fr Z post, and espec...
- Hate the Sin, Love the Sinner – and Feel a Bit Ambivalent About the Synod : Oriens said [...] you think that’s extreme, incidentally, cons...
- Matthew said I think the gold outfit (I hesitate to call them v...
- Random Friar said The Liturgy of the Hours is even more confusing....
- Mr. Green said King of Charity and Samwise: well said. Those who...
- jameeka said That “hiding from God” image is so ama...
- jameeka said That “hiding from God” image is so ama...
- stephen c said Saint Francis de Sales said that the saints are th...
- Thorfinn said Why not – collect a group of parishioners in...
- robtbrown said Paladin, Interesting reflections, but nb: The pro...
- Gerard Plourde said “detailed” not “detained”...
- Gerard Plourde said everett, You’re absolutely correct concernin...
- jameeka said Soul-felt thanks, FrZ.
- Claire said The scene is indeed pathetic, ridiculous and horri...
- bmadamsberry said I don’t attend an EF Mass even semi-occasion...
- everett said Paladin did an excellent job of covering this in h...
- Giuseppe said While there may be reasons for the SSPX to continu...
- Kathleen10 said It all looks wonderful! Thank you for posting su...
- Giuseppe said Each person has his/her own favorite church in Rom...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
- Robin Hooders saving people from parking fines
- Benedict XVI to Juventutem for Summorum Pontificum pilgrimage
- Father’s job is to say “No.”
- Rome – Day 5: Procession, Pontifical Mass at St Peter’s #SumPont2014
- USArmy: Ebola virus can go airborne in low temperatures
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 7 August 2009
"It is fully time to take action and stand with our Holy Father who is himself so admirably peaceful and coherent in fulfilling all his duties. We are greatly blessed by the quality of his teaching."
I had the chance to … Continue reading
“More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.”
St. Theresa of Avila (+1582)
Penjing still thrives and still has very little to say.
Time to get out the clippers.
The Chinese Elm, Penzai, has leafed out very well.
A trim will be necessary soon. I’ll have to read up on this tree.
The Japanese Maple, … Continue reading
It is always a matter of fascination to me that, as technology advances, we find more and more interesting in venerable old "relics" about which extravagant claims have been made. For example, with the development of photography we found that … Continue reading
First, many thanks again to all of you who helped me go to England for Fr. Finigan’s 25th Jubilee celebration. It meant a lot to be able to go. Also, many thanks to Fr. Basden of St. Bede’s for the … Continue reading
A long-time reader and WDTPRSer GS sent this useful e-mail:
I just came across a concise roundup of currently published hand missals for the usus antiquior. Although the post is almost a year old, I don’t know of any new players in the … Continue reading
What should worry readers in the following is the unavoidable conclusion that The Tablet can’t stand Pope Benedict. The editors of "the Bitter Pill" hold Pope Benedict in such contempt that the editors are willing to objectify even the … Continue reading
We all know from some of our less frequently self-editing brethren that it is clearly a MORTAL SIN for women not to have a head covering in church and that all women are all REQUIRED always to have a head … Continue reading