Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- knute said Our new pastor seems very much the moderate. There...
- Hans said We had the traditional hand washing, which as clos...
- oldCatholigirl said Thanks again for the inspiring Lentcazts, Father Z...
- Evovae said Since the Mandatum is not a sacrament, but in fact...
- Lin said Interesting response from the USCCB….. No...
- Joseph-Mary said Thanks be to God! Our campus parish offered an ea...
- Suzanne Carl said 11 men and one boy, who may have been a last minu...
- Chiara said Our pastor always schedules the First Holy Communi...
- Wiktor said What was innovative (and boring) was half-an-hour...
- Kerry said At our small Saints Peter & Paul in Dimock, SD...
- Ben Yanke said frjim4321, Might want to check your definitions: t...
- Stu said I’m late to the game in commenting but here...
- daughter of poor gemma said 100% teenagers from the youth group, 50% male and...
- acardnal said “. . . the celebration of the foot washing r...
- incredulous said Reverential NO. Majority woman had feet washed. E...
- Vincent said OF, only men were chosen. I was the youngest, aged...
- LiteratureAddict said At Sanctissima Trinita dei Pellegrini, no Maundy a...
- Facta Non Verba said Both men and women, whoever volunteered at the spu...
- Martlet said Altar servers. I think it was three boys and one...
- MaryofSharon said Fr. Z, I’ve been following and appreciating...
- LeeF said On an additional note, this brings to mind the con...
- LeeF said Is there a theological point to only men being cho...
- Athelstan said St. Alphonsus, Baltimore: The only regular weekly...
- Bea said Cincinnati Priest says: 15 April 2014 at 2:09 am I...
- Gratias said EF high Mass at St. Magdalen Chapel in Camarillo C...
- majuscule said We didn’t even have a dozen men in the pews...
- matt1618 said Praise God, this was my first Holy Thursday Mass a...
- Absit invidia said I didn’t go, but you can go to the Drudge Re...
- tjmurphy said OF mass. Chanted Kyrie, Sanctus, Agnus Dei. Sang U...
- Fr Martin Fox said In a new parish, I decided to wash the feet of the...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 8 August 2009
On the site Rinascimento Sacro there is an amusing entry.
A reference is made to the wonderful command CTRL + Z, which is an "undo" command.
Here is a new twist on the same.
CTRL + B16
If … Continue reading
Right now on TV I found a rebroadcast of Game 7 of the 1991 World Series.
27 October 1991 … arguably one of the greatest World Series games ever played.
I was in Rome at the time. A priest friend sent a … Continue reading
Here are a few entries of note, ne pereant.
First and foremost
Want to comment? SELF-REGISTRATION OPEN
Then there is the other stuff, once you are registered!
Obama advisor John Holdren: newborns … Continue reading
Here is a snapshot of just the last few minutes… locations of logins.
These are mostly approximations. I cut out some of the more references, such as "unknown… United States", etc.
Denver, Colorado Front Royal, Virginia Baton Rouge, Louisiana Asheville, North Carolina … Continue reading
Who is in the White House? Who are President Obama’s choice advisers?
This from LifeSite with my emphases and comments.
Obama Science Advisor John Holdren Also Said Newborn Baby Not Fully Human
by Steven ErteltLifeNews.com EditorJuly 29, 2009 … Continue reading
It has been a long time since I have been able to share photos from the Sabine feeder.
Things have changed.
I haven’t seen many Orioles, but there are a few around.
A woodpecker checking things out.
The enemy is baffled. These things really … Continue reading
It is hard not to be a little sad today, given this morning’s judicial news.
It is interesting how one post can engender another.
This is from a reader:
A friend forwarded our family a link from your site–a young boy had replicated the mass using some small plastic toys. We found it quite amusing because … Continue reading