- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- AngelGuarded said I’m chiming in, again. I listen to all the p...
- Peggy R said Gemma, You are quite right to raise the points you...
- AngelGuarded said I’m chiming in. I listen to all the podcasts...
- mr205 said We know the objective of the liberal press is to t...
- Robbie said Is the phrase “trick down economics” i...
- Phil_NL said Michelle F, Infallability is something to be appli...
- Dan said How far do we think this game of “it’s...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What a wonderful St. Nicholas’ Day present!...
- Michelle F said Geoffrey: Amen! Everything Pope Francis has said t...
- Facta Non Verba said Bravo!! Well stated, Judge.
- Gemma said I am sticking my neck out here. I don’t thin...
- Caesar said For those who didn’t get it, my comment was...
- Sonshine135 said Modernism personified. When are we going to tear d...
- wmeyer said When I read Pope Francis’ comments on econom...
- Sonshine135 said I love St. Nicholas. He is so much more than a jol...
- MAJ Tony said @acricketchirps: I doubt you’ve heard Holy R...
- Geoffrey said I’m tired of all these political “comm...
- McCall1981 said I don’t have strong feelings either way on w...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in….
- Venerator Sti Lot said And then there is Becket’s sermon in Murder...
- Dan said Fr. Z, I eagerly await anything from you on EG tha...
- slainewe said The papal exhortation I would like to see would te...
- Robbie said I think the last few weeks have been quite interes...
- Angie Mcs said I listen every single day to your Adventcazts. . T...
- Phil_NL said This is what His Holiness gets – and in this...
- Legisperitus said “Friedrich Press was labeled as one of the &...
- Mike said I’m not exaggerating in any way by this stat...
- robtbrown said Bosco says, ‘Protect the community from scandal’ a...
- amenamen said RichardT : “It therefore seems wrong to fall...
- mr_anthony said Judge Napolitano is great. His commentaries are bi...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 14 August 2009
I had this note from a reader:
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis is adding new courses to the Paul VI Pontifical Institute offering. Of special note: LT 102 LITURGICAL LATIN BASICS Topics: (1) how to pronounce and sing key elements … Continue reading
Some entries for your attention in case you missed them or you are new here.
First, some business…
Want to comment? SELF-REGISTRATION OPEN
Also, I want to draw your attention to this, … Continue reading
An article posted on the indispensable C-FAM with my emphases and comments.
Volume 12, Number 35
August 13, 2009Radical NGO Paints Abortionists as Human Rights Defenders
By Samantha Singson
(NEW YORK – C-FAM) In a recently released report from the Center for Reproductive Rights … Continue reading
I discovered on CNA a interesting feature. Louie Verrecchio writes a column called Harvesting the Fruit of Vatican II. One of his columns concerns active participation in the liturgy.
WDTPRS has been working to spread a correct understand of active participation … Continue reading
Think about this.
If it can happen there, it can happen here.
Proof: There actually has to be a discussion in the USA about "conscience clauses".
This is from CNA:
Spain’s Justice Minister says doctors not allowed to … Continue reading