Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Who, indeed, will give a damn? In the (probably un...
- Imrahil said second paragraph middle: Dr Peters. No intent to b...
- Imrahil said Dear msokeefe, as for married deacons, you’r...
- Venerator Sti Lot said To add another ending to those under consideration...
- gretta said robtbrown, I think you missed my point. I’m...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Read the following paragraph again, holding in you...
- RichR said I’m sick of this whole debate. I’m sic...
- JesusFreak84 said I died laughing at the photoshops….so wrong...
- HeatherPA said But… “Hello Kitty” is too fem fo...
- MouseTemplar said Father, if you have a photo of Pope Benedict XVI i...
- FXR2 said Fr Z, I agree, but?!?! http://www.oneinchp...
- Mike said PS–I am praying for the Pope for this coming...
- Mike said Interesting comments! I would only add-which I thi...
- Papabile said dans0622…. You have made my point exactly.
- lana said In 20 years of NO Masses, I have heard several (15...
- OrthodoxChick said Fr. Z said, “Just as disappointed priests an...
- Massachusetts Catholic said As I read your rant, Fr. Z, the phrase “chea...
- msokeefe said What do you expect? They will streamline the annul...
- Dave N. said For the last 40-50 years, the Church has been oper...
- Former Altar Boy said ” In 17 years of being a Catholic I have NEV...
- Elizabeth D said Grateful for the bird feeder update. If he is not...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said Speaking of kitties – the Lions beat the Pa...
- The Masked Chicken said Yes, Yes, Yes and blah, blah, blah (to quote Vala...
- robtbrown said Gretta, 1. My understanding is that positions o...
- Lin said “But marriage should be a key topic in catec...
- ckdexterhaven said I’m just waiting for a blogger to tell us to...
- Andrew D said Father Z, if you have time, I have a question for...
- Cordelio said I think that Dr. Peters’s 1996 article, R...
- anilwang said I disagree. Real women don’t wear baby cloth...
- Rachel K said Thorfinn says: “The root problem with the ab...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 August 2009
I have had a truly awful day. Thus, I was pleased to have this nice note.
Your finch feeders encouraged me to put up a finch sock on a tree in my backyard–I live in a new townhouse … Continue reading
From a reader:
This "perspective" was published by the editor of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, NY official newspaper. In all likelihood it will go unchallenged and the agony will continue, of which it seems, to be ridiculous articles week … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have a liturgical question for you, if you don’t mind: Why is it that the Extraordinary Ministers of the Holy Eucharist do not have to undergo ablutions after distributing Holy Communion?
Well.. yes, they do.
They ought … Continue reading
The modern version of the Hippocratic Oath, just in case you have never read it:
I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods, and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfil … Continue reading
There is fantastic coverage of the 15 August ground breaking ceremony with His Excellency Robert W. Finn, Bishop of Kansas City-Saint Joseph, for the first building of the Priory of Our Lady of Ephesus, the future home of the Benedictines … Continue reading
From a priest friend:
Fr. Z, I offered a Holy Mass in the Gregorian Rite for some pious Brazilian ladies who were in town visiting and a lady who is a friend of mine and of theirs. The friend hadn’t gone … Continue reading
Every have one of those days… well one of those… long periods… when things simply stop working well?
Things go sailing along well and then WHAM!
It is like a perfect storm of foul ups and failures of equipment, things breaking, falling … Continue reading
From a reader:
Mass today was amazing. Two hours and 10 minutes of heaven. Shared with 3 generations of my family (my mom plus 4-year-old son, who was transfixed by the music). Simply marvelous.
A tidbit from Fr. Pasley – he has … Continue reading