Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- SophiaGrace said Listening every day via the plug in. Thank you, Fa...
- Brooklyn said Father Z, you say you don’t understand the c...
- Mike said Thank you so much for this link, Father. May Our...
- jameeka said Very good point, Henry Edwards
- Henry Edwards said “And I encourage my priests and my seminaria...
- Robbie said I enjoyed his sermon. He’s a wonderful spea...
- oldCatholigirl said I know, it’s sort of “tongue in cheek&...
- Arele said wmeyer, I agree! Where might the need be greater?...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Everyone: Does it matter if you like Daylight Savi...
- semperficatholic said Guess I am the odd woman out here. I love the fact...
- Simon_GNR said [Instead they could be raffling off a car. Church...
- wmeyer said Bishops and priests inside …er…unfriendly territor...
- Arele said Sooo grateful to have Archbishop Sample here in Or...
- TLM lauded in Pontifical Mass Homily by Portland Archbishop Sample | dclatinmass said [...] WDTPRS Share this:TwitterFacebookGoogleLike...
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father. That was a good one. Nice images...
- Supertradmum said May I add something to your plea for readers to go...
- pelerin said This weekend does seem early. Here in Britain we...
- David Zampino said Whatever historical need (real or imagined) that o...
- wmeyer said Prayers continuing…
- Liz said Stupid Daylight’s Savings. Mothers hate this...
- Kerry said “… similar to the Bushmaster rifle use...
- bookworm said I wish we would return to the old practice of wait...
- Scott W. said What if the parish raffles off a set of golf clubs...
- JARay said I once had a rifle loaned to me by my government b...
- James Joseph said They should raffle off a howitzer! Hahaha.
- guans said “God wishes this struggle (against temptatio...
- texsain said Brooklyn: “It greatly concerns me that ALL s...
- Ellen said I suspect you have a virus. I was teaching one d...
- jflare said Um, jhayes, I think you have a wee bit of a proble...
- guans said Thank You Heavenly Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mot...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 20 August 2009
I violated a strict kitchen rule tonight.
After supper when cleaning up I had some hot chilies left over. I put them away.
When you handle hot peppers you should always, right away, wash your hands.
As I was saying, I put the … Continue reading
While I have been writing an article and fixing a computer and doing may other things, the feeder has been SUPER busy today.
The Goldfinch Eating Team is DEMOLISHING socks full of thistle seed.
You can almost see the level dropping.
Many female … Continue reading
From a reader:
My family always prays after the Novus Ordo Mass at our little country church (fits about 150) the prayers commonly recited after the Low Mass. Unfortunately, once the last note fades from the recessional, all other parishioners jump … Continue reading
In my native place, Minneapolis, where Episcopalians/Anglicans first decided to "ordain" women, it seems that my former confessional splinter group the Lutheran Church – no wait – there is no Lutheran Church…. the ELCA, is debating the issue of openly … Continue reading
From CNA comes this unsurprising piece. Here is a taste:
London, England, Aug 18, 2009 / 02:42 am (CNA).- A Catholic newspaper in Britain has drawn harsh criticism for claiming that the U.S. bishops’ concerns about abortion coverage in proposed health … Continue reading
In face of Planned Parenthood attack, USCCB official insists abortion is not health care
Washington D.C., Aug 20, 2009 / 06:19 am (CNA).- Cecile Richards, President of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, has criticized the U.S. Catholic bishops’ work … Continue reading