Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Prayerful: I hope all these terrible Cramner tables are dismantled , and maybe put in a Museum of Stupid Ideas.
- mibethda: An antependiu m might solve the problem.
- NBW: Very disturbing . I agree with Gab, it looks very Aztec/paga n. Is this symbolic of all the souls they are dragging to Hell? I noticed all the heads were perfect males̷ 0;hmmmm 230;..
- Dismas: I must say that this is certainly, if less ugly than the WMoF Nazgul Bottle Opener, the least intelligib le sculpture that I have seen all year. While the perverse delusions of the former...
- MrsJackson: Why do they all have a the look of ancient Roman sculptures of those of Michelange lo? The death of Rome? The decapitati on of Rome? This is going to bother me…
- Benedict Joseph: Imagine if they were wearing miters.
- MrsMacD: or maybe it represents the victims of the revolution in FranceR 30; Or all the ruined statues of the 60s wreckovato rs
- fmsb78: Oy vey… Looks like an altar made in hell with the heads of the bishops of our crazy times.
- mburduck: As a member of the Parris Island Living History Detachment , I had the honor of going to France to commemorat e the 100th anniversar y of the Battle of Belleau Wood. Wearing WWI unifo...
- mharden: Looks like a monument to the victims of Communism. Like the stacked skulls of the Khmer Rouge.
- Amerikaner: I wonder if this is a sort of masonic memento mori?
- PCali: It took me a little bit to figure out why it seemed like a familiar concept, but I figured it out. It reminds me of this passage in the Harry Potter series: A gigantic statue of black stone...
- pbnelson: Reminds me of the Celtic skull arch at Roquepertu se. Definitely pagan.
- VP: SKAY – the point is to erode the Church by destroying its aesthetics and liturgy, and to weaken its sacramenta l life by making worship an unpleasant experience . This altar succeeds in...
- Semper Gumby: Good friends and food, excellent. MarineMom: Semper Fi! youngcatho licgirl: I may be wrong, but “bom bastically ” might be part of the recipe: “Wit h the applica...
- Semper Gumby: Memento mori: Good Memento Tamerlane: Bad
- Gab: That’ ;s looks very pagan to me. Aztec pagan.
- AA Cunningham: Fundamenta lly, homosexual s hate themselves , which is why they freely choose to engage in self destructiv e behavior.
- SKAY: It is hideous. What is the point?
- rwj: I hope someone spins all those heads under that table to look at the Altar behind them.
- Glennonite: As unsettling as watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I cannot bring a non-Cathol ic to Mass these days for fear of embarrassm ent; add this…thing to the list. There was a time when...
- MrsMacD: 20 burly guys walk up to the altar and start carrying it away… ; What’ ;s the matter Father? Are you losing your head? sss Anger. It inspires anger! Revenge. It’s tempti...
- Glennonite: As unsettling as watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I cannot bring a non-Cathol ic to Mass these days for fear of embarrassm ent; add this… ;thing to the list. There was a...
- Joe in Canada: but is La Republicca “FrT om-Approve d!”© ?
- michele421: As a confirmed liberal, my agreeing with you may be another sign of the impending end of the world, but in this instance I just can’ t help it. That is really hideous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 27 August 2009
The great Fr. Blake of Brighton, made this comment on his blog for St. Mary Magdalen.
The Tablet’s editor and her deputy have been invited to resign by James MacMillan, because of their attempt to stir up trouble between Archbishop Nichols … Continue reading
Will the Obama Kennedy Eulogy be Notre Dame II?
Is it true that Pres. Obama is slated to give a eulogy during a Funeral Mass for the late Sen. Kennedy?
I am not quite sure, but this is what the news reports are suggesting.
I’m just askin’
Q. 1) When were … Continue reading
By now you have read here or elsewhere America and RU-486 contributor Michael Sean Winters’ philippic against Patrick Madrid. I covered that HERE.
What did George Weigel write about Mr. Winters:
By combining low-grade sourcing, a faux-authoritative voice, and leftist political spin … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question regarding a practice that occurs at my parish. One of our associates who offers Mass changes words here and there which I know do not invalidate the Mass, although it is a serious problem/abuse. … Continue reading
From a reader:
a new tlm has begun in my town and some newcomers have complained about inaudibility and wanting to hear every prayer in order to better understand. those in charge have put a mic on the priest and now, … Continue reading
True ecumenism… brick by brick…
Episcopal nuns in Archdiocese of Baltimore to join Catholic Church
By George P. Matysek Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
[Mother Christina Christie (left), Sister Mary Joan Walker and Sister Emily Ann Lindsey depart the chapel of the All Saints Sisters’ of … Continue reading
Fr. Sirico: Sen. Kennedy and also cultural Catholics whoe “relinquish the substance of the faith if it gets in the way”
On the site of National Review our friend Fr. Robert Sirico has an obituary for the late Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Kennedy the Catholic [Rev. Robert A. Sirico]
I only met Edward Kennedy once.
I had been invited to visit then-senator Phil Gramm, who … Continue reading
This is the chapel in the church of St. Augustine in Rome (literally across the street from my back door when in the City) where the mortal remains of St. Monica (+387), the mother of Augustine of Hippo now rest.
To … Continue reading
The August newletter of the USCCB’s Committee on Divine Liturgy has some pages dedicated to music for the upcoming translation of the Roman Missal.
Among the points made by the Committee…
Why Should Priests Sing?
The ICEL introduction … Continue reading
Back in January, the Wall Street Journal had an article about how the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, Catholic and staunchy pro-abortion, came to embrace the pro-abortion position he championed for decades in the most public way possible.
The article was … Continue reading
In the lefty Jesuit weekly, something called America, there is a strong attack on, well, pretty much anyone who didn’t think that late Sen. Kennedy was just the bees knees. Singled out for a pouring of the choicest liberal acid … Continue reading
From HeadlineBistro with my characteristic treatment of emphases and comments:
Kennedy’s Priest Discusses the Role of Faith in the Senator’s Life and Death
Rev. Patrick Tarrant of Our lady of Victory Church, priest to the Kennedy clan, discussed with TheBostonChannel.com the role … Continue reading