- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you AMDG Kevin
- BridgetTheresa said Dear Father Z, To fully appreciate why so many TEO...
- Cathy said I’ll admit the shoe kind of hurts. Perhaps,...
- Edward C. said Wonderful, Father. Thank you!
- Priam1184 said What is that relic you have of St. Ambrose? I am...
- Henry Edwards said There’s an old quote regarding the Divine Of...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Narro saepe hanc Augustini historiam discipulis la...
- SKAY said Glennonite expressed my same feelings beautifully...
- Tom in NY said “The memorial of St. Ambrose, bishop of Mila...
- slainewe said @Imrahil You post, “I’ve privately sometimes...
- Janine said thank you Father!
- mamajen said I’m a lip mover, often whisperer (even when...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…but don’t intend missing AN...
- Netmilsmom said WILL you be at Grotto?
- Phil_NL said Michelle F, I do not think I misconstructed your w...
- Glennonite said I “chime in” because you ask; but know...
- Deirdre Mundy said My Western Civ professor loved this scene–...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Kat: That artwork should not be declared city prop...
- The Masked Chicken said “If you got your hands on a book, you had to...
- Peggy R said I get bothered by thinking of “capitalism...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear Torpedo1, Of course, you may use the comment....
- kat said Welcome to Detroit, Father! I love the DIA, but do...
- Nicholas said Of all Pope Francis bashing, this is the most nons...
- Kerry said If the art is auctioned away, will any wealthy lib...
- Netmilsmom said People are forgetting “free will”. Gov...
- PA mom said Mark Steyn has thoughts on the loss of work and it...
- Netmilsmom said Thank you Father!
- Unwilling said To get it out of the way: nothing Francis said can...
- Mike said That any attempt to justify the piece must be made...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 27 August 2009
The great Fr. Blake of Brighton, made this comment on his blog for St. Mary Magdalen.
The Tablet’s editor and her deputy have been invited to resign by James MacMillan, because of their attempt to stir up trouble between Archbishop Nichols … Continue reading
Is it true that Pres. Obama is slated to give a eulogy during a Funeral Mass for the late Sen. Kennedy?
I am not quite sure, but this is what the news reports are suggesting.
I’m just askin’
Q. 1) When were … Continue reading
By now you have read here or elsewhere America and RU-486 contributor Michael Sean Winters’ philippic against Patrick Madrid. I covered that HERE.
What did George Weigel write about Mr. Winters:
By combining low-grade sourcing, a faux-authoritative voice, and leftist political spin … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question regarding a practice that occurs at my parish. One of our associates who offers Mass changes words here and there which I know do not invalidate the Mass, although it is a serious problem/abuse. … Continue reading
From a reader:
a new tlm has begun in my town and some newcomers have complained about inaudibility and wanting to hear every prayer in order to better understand. those in charge have put a mic on the priest and now, … Continue reading
True ecumenism… brick by brick…
Episcopal nuns in Archdiocese of Baltimore to join Catholic Church
By George P. Matysek Jr. firstname.lastname@example.org
[Mother Christina Christie (left), Sister Mary Joan Walker and Sister Emily Ann Lindsey depart the chapel of the All Saints Sisters’ of … Continue reading
Fr. Sirico: Sen. Kennedy and also cultural Catholics whoe “relinquish the substance of the faith if it gets in the way”
On the site of National Review our friend Fr. Robert Sirico has an obituary for the late Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Kennedy the Catholic [Rev. Robert A. Sirico]
I only met Edward Kennedy once.
I had been invited to visit then-senator Phil Gramm, who … Continue reading