You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Robbie said I think the unhappiness some priests continue to s...
- marypatricia said A friend used to say “Blessed be His holy Na...
- Dave N. said Thank you for not sending undue Internet traffic t...
- Andrew said From an author explaining “dynamic equivalence in...
- Suburbanbanshee said After the big Xenia tornado of 1974, their parish...
- Andkaras said Venerator Sti Lot, and Fr. Z, and Andkaras all hig...
- Bob B. said Maybe the audience of the ’73 version was th...
- maskaggs said Without denigrating the value of introspection on...
- Andkaras said asking all God’s greatest blessings for mama...
- Panterina said Lost my job yesterday, after 16 years. I have to p...
- Phil_NL said Frankly, the only thing I could do upon reading th...
- Laura Lea said Thank you very much Mr. Masked Chicken. I very mu...
- totustuusmaria said Even if it did not encourage vocations, the servic...
- CatholicCoffee said I would like to echo Jack Hughes’ request, t...
- cyriss01 said @Patrick-K. If I heard that prayer at the Holy Sac...
- cyriss01 said If I were a priest and I absolutely had to say the...
- Wade said Those that complain about the 2011 translation are...
- Patrick-K said I don’t understand how it can be justified t...
- moon1234 said One other suggestion would be to use the manufactu...
- Kathy C said The feelings and egos of girls and women do count....
- moon1234 said There has not been 64bit non-compliant hardware fo...
- CatholicCoffee said Fr. Z., you have forgotten to add to the end of yo...
- Long-Skirts said CRIMSON RED Red cassocks For the Altar boys At Mas...
- Jennifer_Fitz said I voted all-male encourages, because of the obviou...
- Joe in Canada said And pray to St Joseph for a happy death.
- Joe in Canada said ps I would also add that most of the text, includi...
- Joe in Canada said As far as I can tell the survey neglected to analy...
- VexillaRegis said mamajen: What a cutie your new baby is! Big brothe...
- mamajen said Thank you everyone! I uploaded a few photos for th...
- BridgetTheresa said For a special intention, through Our Lady Undoer o...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 12 September 2009
BTW… I understand that the Latin text for the Holy Father’s encyclical Caritas in veritate is ready.
Hopefully it will be made public soon.
When people use Twitter, they often use hash tags.
A bit confusing….
You might chime in with commonly used Catholic topic hash tags.
Of course hash tags are ephemeral as well, topical!
Wanna find Tweets with hashes?
Go to http://search.twitter.com, and search for, for example, … Continue reading
From the Laudator:
Donald Culross Peattie, Flowering Earth (New York: G.P. Putnam’s Sons, 1939; rpt. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1991), p. 144:
For every man there is some spot on earth, I think, which he has pledged himself to return to, … Continue reading
On BBC 4 I would like to have seen the presentations on The Gothic Revolution, Palestrina and the Popes, Tallis, Byrd and the Tudors.
I understand that a pro-life Catholic was "gunned down".
Do you suppose that will get as much coverage as the shooting of the abortionist Tiller?
From a reader:
My son served for Daily Mass yesterday, and we had an awkward moment. We’d like your advice on how to best handle this type of situation, should it ever happen again. I’ll set up the scene. … Continue reading
From the site Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem
During the weekend of the 18-20 September 2009.
‘Young Catholic Adults’, the English branch of the Juventutem International Federation, will run a Traditional Retreat at Douai Abbey in the south of England. The weekend will … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am about to become a candidate to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church and have enjoyed reading your blog for a while now. I thought you might be glad to know that reading your … Continue reading
I posted a story about a Catholic liturgical publisher developing and distributing a "prayer of the faithful" for Mass which extolled the late Sen. Kennedy.
That small dust up raised another question in my mind.
I am sure you have … Continue reading
The funeral of the late Senator Edward Kennedy is one of those events which keeps spurring discussion.
From CNA with my emphases and comments.
Publisher apologizes for Sen. Kennedy memorial prayer
Chicago, Ill., Sep 12, 2009 / 07:05 am (CNA).- Liturgy Training … Continue reading