Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- LarryW2LJ said Fish on Friday – nice!
- Dr. Edward Peters said In short, we have no idea what’s actually ha...
- Allan S. said Is this an Eye of the Tiber thing? Or is the Holy...
- HighMass said Fr.Z has Mass been in the E.F.??? Bishop Vasa was...
- Sonshine135 said Fr. Z, I agree that we are missing a good, Catholi...
- SKAY said tzabiega–Your comment does not mention that...
- Magash said The Middle East has not always been a powder keg....
- acbprop said I’m going to try to get my son’s high...
- Supertradmum said Dear Fr. Z., Can they help a very poor seminarian...
- LarryW2LJ said I agree with Sonshine135 – ignoring the fact...
- FruityPebbles said Phil, admittedly, I don’t know how the Churc...
- Sonshine135 said The Middle East is a powder keg. It always has bee...
- Supertradmum said Where are the Men of the West to fight real Crusad...
- torch621 said I’m on Israel’s side in this conflict....
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles, Yes, I do think the Church should c...
- Adam Welp said @CrimsonCatholic Let me expand on your final line....
- FruityPebbles said Phil, are you proposing that the Church change its...
- CrimsonCatholic said @ Father Z, how are so many liberals commenting on...
- tcreek said A prophecy 100 years in coming? Irish poet William...
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles Yes, that is the starting point as i...
- FruityPebbles said After reading the comments here, I think this poin...
- robtbrown said Re converted Idiot I recommend Jacques Maritain...
- robtbrown said Tzabiega I’ll preface my comments by saying...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said It would be more true, if among signers of Declara...
- acardnal said “Meanwhile, ISIS is being helpful in their o...
- Reconverted Idiot said Otoh, contra the posts of tzabiega and kurtmasur a...
- cwillia1 said There is danger in a one-sided application of abst...
- kurtmasur said tzabiega wrote ” Stop being an Americanist (...
- tzabiega said Let’s face the truth. If the U.S. hadn̵...
- Fiat Domine said Father Z, I just have to say that I am so glad tha...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 September 2009
I went with several friends tonight to see a movie.
This is about the early 19th c. English romantic poet John Keats, who died so young in Rome.
The movie focuses on the last year or so Keats spent … Continue reading
The new translation of the Missale Romanum is coming and, my oh my, do we need it and soon.
Yesterday when I was saying Mass in English at the parish of a priest friend, I nearly gaped at the inept translation … Continue reading
Watchdog group ‘pleased’ with defunding of grantees who violate Catholic teaching
Washington D.C., Sep 27, 2009 / 05:04 pm (CNA).- A watchdog group which discovered that the Catholic Campaign for Human Development has given grants to groups which support … Continue reading
Some news about Medjugorje, which I picked up from the great Fr. Blake, PP of Brighton:
The Bishop of Mostar has issued a series of restrictions on Medjugorje, I am afraid it has been translated by machine, the original can be … Continue reading
I do enjoy good Chinese food when I can get it.
Lunch brings some juicy Shanghai style buns.
And pan fried noodles.
Here is some nice brick by brick news from Seattle.
From the Seattle Post-Intelligencer with my emphases and comments.
Saturday, September 26, 2009Last updated 1:59 p.m. PTDominus vobiscum: Latin mass returns to Seattle
By JOEL CONNELLYSEATTLEPI.COM STAFF
The chants are stuff of childhood … Continue reading
I found this helpful critter curled up in my garage.
I would welcome a whole nest of snakes in the garage or around the grounds to keep down the number of nice juicy chipmunks hanging about.
Sadly he…she?… picked the wrong place … Continue reading
At Forma et Fides there is now a translation of the piece about the response of Card. Castrillion in the wake of the claims by Bp. Arborelius.