- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- SKAY said I listened, Father. Thank you.
- Netmilsmom said No handholding or Orans for the laity, LarryW2LJ?
- OrthodoxChick said The picture with the priest trying to explain the...
- Mike said My parish music director has decided differently:...
- LarryW2LJ said I was b0rn in 1957, so I was 8 years old when N.O....
- thefeds said Father Z, These pictures make my eyes burn! ItR...
- Salvelinus said One thing that drives me bananas (here in Central...
- PA mom said Just catching up. Lovely poem and music as well....
- Henry Edwards said wolfeken: “Name something new that came from...
- Mandy P. said Listened and shared. Thanks, Father!
- anilwang said Their five-yearly report blamed a “drastic secular...
- Priam1184 said Well then Dutch bishops: how many Christians did S...
- Massachusetts Catholic said Sadly, canon law does not seem to be in effect in...
- kpoterack said “Their five-yearly report blamed a “drastic...
- wolfeken said It is encouraging to see some reform-of-the-reform...
- PA mom said When things are this bad, there can be no excuses...
- Geoffrey said Vatican II was not responsible for all the nonsens...
- TimG said I’ll second your feelings possum, I also fee...
- Netmilsmom said We have the only EWTN type NO around, and the only...
- Sword40 said I have seen several articles on this very topic la...
- O. Possum said That picture at the end makes me feel physically i...
- sw85 said B-b-but Father! Before Vatican II people just pray...
- kpoterack said “Do all of the Bishops agree with this?̶...
- wolfeken said Celebrating? When one celebrates, there are usuall...
- prs1 said I find the 5th photo quite revealing – the...
- PA mom said I am grateful to have been spared any of this. It...
- Legisperitus said “Other things being equal…” R...
- CAR said I’ll add an oy gevalt–pure mashugana!
- Catholicman said On a happier note, today is also the 450th anniver...
- PA mom said Father, this is truly inspired work!
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
- ADVENTCAzT 01: 1st Sunday of Advent – WAKE UP!
- We are on one side of the threshold we shall soon cross.
- GUEST POST: “…and my wife said, ‘But that’s a good thing!’”
- Reason #10 for Summorum Pontificum
- Pope Francis’ Prayer Intentions for December
- Thai-ing one on!
- VIDEO: UPDATE – Abortion wymyn physically attack men praying in front of cathedral of Buenos Aires
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: September 2009
I found this helpful critter curled up in my garage.
I would welcome a whole nest of snakes in the garage or around the grounds to keep down the number of nice juicy chipmunks hanging about.
Sadly he…she?… picked the wrong place … Continue reading
At Forma et Fides there is now a translation of the piece about the response of Card. Castrillion in the wake of the claims by Bp. Arborelius.
From Astronomy Pic of the Day:
Explanation: At about 100 meters from the cargo bay of the space shuttle Challenger, Bruce McCandless II was further out than anyone had ever been before. Guided by a Manned Maneuvering Unit (MMU), astronaut McCandless, … Continue reading
His Holiness is on an Apostolic journey to the Czech Republic. CNA has a story:
Visit to the Czech RepublicPope encourages Catholics to respond to increasing relativism
Prague, Czech Republic, Sep 26, 2009 / 02:55 pm (CNA).- Speaking late in afternoon on … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases:
Right to health care is grounded in sanctity of human life, U.S. bishops consistently hold
Minneapolis, Minn., Sep 27, 2009 / 02:54 am (CNA).- The Catholic bishops of the United States have continually emphasized that the right … Continue reading
A long-time friend and long-time participant here sent me this:
I received this from a good friend of mine. PLEASE PRAY FOR MRS. ALICIA ___. SHE IS PREGNANT WITH HER 11th CHILD AND ONLY HAS 6 WEEKS TO LIVE … Continue reading
From Stella Borealis, news of the Cathedral of my home town.
Folks, I think St. Paul Cathedral may be the most spectacular cathedral church in the United States. It is worthy of your attention even if you are not from around … Continue reading
How about letting us know what is going on with you?
Any good news?
Did you see this?
Here is a very brief excerpt:
Polish Priest Fined for Comparing Abortion to Holocaust
By Patrick B. Craine
KATOWICE, Poland, September 23, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) – In a ruling that Church leaders are calling a serious infringement of freedom of … Continue reading