When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Rachel Pineda said Benedict Joseph “Oh dear Holy Mother, Saint...
- Father G said “I only beg, for the love of God, that anyon...
- shin said ‘We are preparing ourselves for the time, wh...
- jameeka said Thank you, Rev Fr Z. I love Pope Benedict–hi...
- Elizabeth D said Benedict Joseph wrote: “It is said to be apo...
- frjim4321 said “Fr. Jim, whatever the merits of celebrating...
- Venerator Sti Lot said With 4170 having voted it is now 56% ‘noR
- Venerator Sti Lot said Mariana2, Thank you! I’ve been looking in tw...
- tonyfernandez said One of my favorite quotes: “A prayer in whic...
- Benedict Joseph said It is said to be apocryphal, but there is that fav...
- KateD said frjim4321 – We belong to a huge Catholic Hom...
- acardnal said Her birth name is Teresa Sanchez Cepeda y Ahumada
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, I’m sure Chesterton said something...
- Suburbanbanshee said 56% No.
- louishacker said “God save us from sour-faced saints!”
- Elizabeth D said Some favorite St Teresa quotes, paraphrased. But w...
- Matt R said Fr. Jim, whatever the merits of celebrating baptis...
- AlexandraNW said Let nothing disturb thee, Let nothing affront thee...
- mlmc said i guess i should add that when your mortality rate...
- DebbieInCT said “Remember that you have only one soul; that...
- Robbie said “Odds are that you are more likely to win th...
- jmoran said To other saints, our Lord seems to have given grac...
- ejcmartin said “Christ has no body now on earth but yours, no han...
- mysticalrose said “Dear Lord, if this is how You treat Your fr...
- Imrahil said Only, dear LOTH, that “ghost”, as far...
- Imrahil said Dear Nicolas Bellord, well, the rules of English o...
- mlmc said nowhere in the article does it state the reason fo...
- oldconvert said St Teresa has always reminded me of certain Ward S...
- PMK said How timely this post is for me. My sister, a pract...
- frjim4321 said I don’t believe in being more Catholic than...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: October 2009
From the parish church of "Beat Vergine Assunta" in Viguzzuolo, in the Diocese of Tortona, the pastor, Fr. Gino Bava demonstrates to the world that your church doesn’t have to be huge for there to be a Solemn Mass in … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
The Kingston chapter of Juventutem, a group of youth attached to the Roman traditions of the Catholic Church, has organized a special celebration of Mass (Missa Cantata) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite for the … Continue reading
Some recent posts not to miss:
Whose ecumenism? (IMPORTANT)
All Souls, 1st Thursday, Year for Priests: A PROJECT
The Nuns’ Story? (about the attack by NYT’s Mo Dowd on Pope Benedict)
“The Anglican experiment … Continue reading
Did any of you see Bill O’Reilly’s show on FNC last night?
He had a segment on Bp. Tobin of Providence who recently slapped down Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI).
In a CNA story we learn that last Friday Bp. Tobin explained the … Continue reading
I have written before about the Sisters who sell soap. And worthy soap it is too.
Just a reminder.
Also, they are peddling some new stuff and they are bubbly with enthusiasm.
The Soap Sisters have been busy in our expanded soap department. … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate did some heavy lifting for us today about the talks between the SSPX and the Holy See. Drawing on the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s piece on the same (which I simply don’t have time to translate) we … Continue reading
A friend alerted me to the following:
There will be a Solemn Pontifical Requiem Mass at the faldstool for All Souls Day in Manhattan (37th St. and Broadway) at the Church of the Holy Innocents, Monday, November 2nd at 6:30 PM. … Continue reading
Did you know that there are Catholics in Cuba who desire the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite?
Una Voce is an international group with local and regional chapters. It is dedicated to the cause of traditional Catholic liturgy.
There are some very beautiful photos at Godzdogz of a TLM celebrated at Blackfriars, London for the feast of the English Martyrs.
Here is a sample.