Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- PCali said Okay…….who looked into the heart of th...
- Siculum said Pope Francis’s nightmare tonight about giant...
- PA mom said If he does come, this will be my first real chance...
- Makemeaspark said It is disturbing to read a post here of all places...
- The Cobbler said “Oh, wait a minute, this is the same country...
- Kathleen10 said It is disturbing but actually a positive thing to...
- The Cobbler said One more thing… “Indeed let us not for...
- MaryL said Hamas is not Palestinian, it is on the same side a...
- CharlesG said Surely there should be a different translation fro...
- wanda said How very bold and brave they are – from thou...
- jacobi said Anyone in Gaza who does not have a bomb shelter ha...
- Mike said I’m usually pro-Israel, and Hamas is a terro...
- The Cobbler said Let’s frame the “universal healthcare&...
- boxerpaws1952 said BTW,Israel could nuke any country if they wanted t...
- Gaetano said A liberal portion of cod and a conservative number...
- acardnal said Several photos of Pope Francis at lunch in the caf...
- Sofia Guerra said We are stupid here in America. I am convinced. Peo...
- boxerpaws1952 said at this point Iraq is a mess because of Obama. Mag...
- ppb said A nice gesture. My first thought was that the lack...
- kurtmasur said Adam Welp said: ” One can be Catholic and be...
- MarkG said There are probably some things I don’t know...
- eulogos said Having lived the majority of my married life in a...
- SimonDodd said Where is his pellegrina?
- cbmiamiensis said My Archbishop is there too. The great Thomas Wensk...
- marmirdc said Bishop Vasa is the priest(at the time) that marrie...
- acardnal said HighMass, according the the conference schedule th...
- jacobi said I think it would be excellent if the Holy Father w...
- Gregg the Obscure said Seems like a good way for the Holy Father to show...
- Steven Surrency said He really is going out of his way not to have ANY...
- SKAY said “Israel became” sorry. I do not mean...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: November 2009
At what became my home parish back in my native place, on Saturday mornings there was always a modest sung Mass in Latin, with incense and Gregorian chant.
People would file into the chapel and take from a basket to … Continue reading
NLM has this:
Tomorrow Pope Benedict will celebrate Pontifical Vespers as the first Vespers of the first Sunday of Advent, which also marks the beginning of the new liturgical year.
On this occasion, the Holy Father will begin to use a … Continue reading
Just how deeply sycophantic are the political toadies of the group Catholic Democrats?
They are worked up about the interchange between Bp. Tobin of Providence and pro-abortion Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI). The group Catholic Democrats want abortion as … Continue reading
Fr. Dwight Longenencker has three very good recent posts on the Anglican Provisions issue:
Women’s Ordination in Context
The English Ordinariate
Anglicanorum coetibus – what next?
In another entry I ask "What’s up with that?" when it comes to the whole vampire thing and movie theatres filled with women.
In this week’s Catholic Herald, the best Catholic weekly in the UK, there is an article by Sophie … Continue reading
Third phase of Catholic/Anglican dialogue to include cooperative investigation of ‘divisive‘ issues
Vatican City, Nov 27, 2009 / 02:33 am (CNA).- An interview on Vatican Radio Wednesday morning revealed that the third phase of official dialogue between the the … Continue reading
Here is some news in the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald:
Pope Benedict plans to beatify Newman during visit to BritainBy Simon Caldwell
27 November 2009
The Pope is to waive his own rules so he can preside in … Continue reading
Okay… what I suspected yesterday seems to be coming to pass.
Not feeling well has turned into feeling really sick. Cold sweat, dizzy, weak, all that…
So.. prayers, please.
From the site of the White House comes the Thanksgiving Day Proclamation by Pres. Barak Hussein Obama:
You will want to read this with your own eye and ear to the sort of language used and the concepts behind that language.
I … Continue reading
A Thanksgiving Day Proclamation… just weeks before his death:
PROCLAMATION 3560 : THANKSGIVING DAY.NOVEMBER 5, 1963.BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA A PROCLAMATION:
Over three centuries ago, our forefathers in Virginia and in Massachusetts, far from home in a … Continue reading