"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- AndyMo said I’m probably just missing something, but cou...
- acardnal said Susan Tassone has written many, MANY books on Purg...
- robtbrown said Giuseppe says: And Rachel, Cantor, and Polycarpio:...
- robtbrown said Polycarpio says: In the law, we have this concept...
- Mojoron said During our process of Annulment, we had unbelievab...
- Grumpy Beggar said It’s all GOOD when we pray for the holy soul...
- KateD said I found it. Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great,...
- KateD said What is the prayer that releases 1,000 souls from...
- Nancy D. said Thank you, Holy Father Benedict, for exposing The...
- Nancy D. said Thank you, Holy Father Benedict, for exposing The...
- robtbrown said The talk about Nutella inspired me, so I bought so...
- Nancy D. said kpoterack, with all due respect, why would any Fai...
- Nancy D. said I was surprised that in the recent Synod, in regar...
- Legisperitus said Barbara Reynolds is still alive??!?!? I read her (...
- robtbrown said Should read: As you know, despite the Swiss loca...
- kpoterack said Toan wrote: “On 52, I wonder what a vote of...
- Giuseppe said And Rachel, Cantor, and Polycarpio: technically,...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Interesting that in 55 “orientamento omosess...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sunshine135, I see that the Italian translated ...
- Giuseppe said Rachel K, you can always pray for a specific perso...
- Cantor said Rachel K – Almost the same question I have....
- Rob22 said For converts out there just a heads up. Ross Douth...
- MarkJ said Since All Souls’ Day is November 2 in the OF...
- Sonshine135 said Needed this after seeing the tribulations our mili...
- acricketchirps said To turn around Joe’s question, will those at...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I laughed at the toddler remark! You should...
- Rachel K said I like this opportunity very much. It’s a ch...
- Polycarpio said In the law, we have this concept: a “closed...
- Giuseppe said Gotta love a “Reformation Day” post on...
- KM Edwards said One last comment. I can surmise that many on this...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! All Souls’ Day Indulgences.
- My View For Awhile – Heading Home Edition
- Final Report of the recent Synod now available in English
- VIDEO: WWII – Shipboard Mass – 12 Feb 1945 before Iwo Jima
- Rome – Day 10: Last Day
- ASK FATHER: Donations for confessions
- ASK FATHER: All Souls Sunday – Gloria? Creed? What does the ‘Universal Ordo’ really say?
- Card. George on liturgical translation
- Coming to a neighborhood near you?
- Rome – Day 9: Caravaggio and Tramezzini and Uccelli
- Juxtaposition for your consideration
- ASK FATHER: How to support young priest whose pastor doesn’t want the TLM?
- Cybersecurity Threat Lurking On Your Phone
- ASK FATHER: Can a godparent marry a godchild? Confirmation sponsor a confirmand?
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio stuff
- Wymyn At Wyrk. “Priestesses” doing their thing. Hijinx ensues.
- Pondering Francis: Part II
- Rome – Day 8: INTESTINES!
- Pope Francis: “the family is being bastardized”
- ASK FATHER: Gloria and Creed for All Souls on Sunday?
- UPDATE: Did Card. Burke criticize Pope Francis? (Of course not, but the lexically challenged might not get that.)
- Explaining Burke Derangement Syndrome
- Not just new sins, but new categories of sins!
- Just Too Cool: Vatican Library manuscripts digitized, online
- Italian bishop forbids people to receive sacraments from SSPX
- Rome – Day 7: Umbrian Edition
- VIDEO: must watch! No. Really!
- Pope Francis doesn’t have to “break the Church”
- WDTPRS: Christ the King (1962MR) – “no hugs and fluffy lambs”
- Rome – Day 6: “FALL BACK!” Edition – REQUEST FOR PRAYERS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: December 2009
You might remember that there was a dust up in the Diocese of Lansing, Michigan. Some parishoners of Our Lady of Fatima were trying to get their pastor, Fr. Jeffrey Robideau, removed.
So often these stories about about a conservative-minded … Continue reading
In the now defunct but still relevant series The West Wing there is an episode in which the staff must chose figures for new US postage stamps. Witty political correctness ensues.
At the time of the actual run of the series, … Continue reading
In your discussions of things ecumenical, remember to refer to Pope Benedict as "the Pope of Christian Unity".
A reader alerted me to the following piece In the Canadian daily The Globe and Mail by Ian Hunter, Ian Hunter is professor … Continue reading
Today would have been the 89th birthday of Msgr. Richard Schuler, pastor and musician.
He labored in the dark years after the Council to keep sound liturgy alive, promote proper sacred music, foster vocations to the priesthood, and hold the … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to an interview in the execrable Newsweek with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), pro-abortion but self-named "Catholic". You might remember some of her scintillating theological explanations about how she justified promoting abortion.
Here is a bit … Continue reading
I’m back and the birds are busy!
This Red-bellied Woodpecker is having a hard time with the shape of this feeder.
This Hairy Woodpecker spent some time tapping on my window next to my desk.
1 January 2010 is a Holy Day of Obligation in the United States.
It is among the Holy Days for the Latin Church.
If you are able to go to Mass on 1 January and do not go, you … Continue reading
We all know that Pope Benedict would not want to be completely surrounded by bullet proof glass everywhere he went.
On the other hand, security around our Popes has been relatively light.
The use of the sedia gestatoria would both help people … Continue reading
I case you had stopped wondering about why we needed Summorum Pontificum, try this.
For Christmas Mass, we had a different priest by the name of Fr. ___. He started to get all the children to sit in front of the … Continue reading
Holy Church considers many Old Testament figures to be saints.
Today when you open your trusty copy of the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum you will find, just below the St. Thomas Becket, this interesting entry:
2. Commemoratio sancti David, regis et prophetae, … Continue reading