You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Tradster said OK,I’m curious to know why G.I.Jane feminist...
- Geoffrey said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- billy said Much ado about nothing. Nobody knows more about th...
- Bob B. said In the Army, we couldn’t carry an umbrella e...
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said pjsandstrom, It is a misconception that the Latin...
- McCall1981 said @ Joecct77 And they say its Nun of the VaticanR...
- L. said I’m no fan of the President, to say the leas...
- Fr Martin Fox said I appreciate the comments by those in the military...
- LarryW2LJ said And in the end, the President should remember that...
- Phillip said The President is Commander in Chief of the armed f...
- joecct77 said Sounds like the LCWR has developed some bad habits...
- happyCatholic said I agree with FrDulli and Tim Ferguson. There is a...
- Luvadoxi said I’m not sure this is a problem–the reg...
- Absit invidia said Speaking of Obama, Benghazi, and Emperor Nero . ....
- Jean Marie said While the Swiss Guardman’s would consider it...
- Absit invidia said Andrew and jmv, This is just another example of ho...
- LarryW2LJ said Sorry, but I beg to differ. It’s not making...
- Gulielmus said No one opposes Obama’s policies more than I&...
- Deacon Bill said I agree with jmvbxx: this IS a mountain out of a m...
- Nan said It’s still tacky even if he is the commander...
- Late for heaven said I appreciate the charity of those who try to mitig...
- jmvbxx said Mountain out of a molehill!
- Tim Capps said Umbrella Stand Marine Corps? I think not! It just...
- FrDulli said What about the secret service? Or an intern from...
- Andrew Saucci said I am still hoping that I might live long enough to...
- Stu said Well, it’s not an unlawful order by the Comm...
- Tim Ferguson said Isn’t that a covered porch a few feet behind...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Clearly I wasn’t the only one put off by thi...
- Cantor said In a battle with protocol directives of the Marine...
- Andrew Saucci said While this is not good, it is a mere speck compare...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: December 2009
You might remember that there was a dust up in the Diocese of Lansing, Michigan. Some parishoners of Our Lady of Fatima were trying to get their pastor, Fr. Jeffrey Robideau, removed.
So often these stories about about a conservative-minded … Continue reading
In the now defunct but still relevant series The West Wing there is an episode in which the staff must chose figures for new US postage stamps. Witty political correctness ensues.
At the time of the actual run of the series, … Continue reading
In your discussions of things ecumenical, remember to refer to Pope Benedict as "the Pope of Christian Unity".
A reader alerted me to the following piece In the Canadian daily The Globe and Mail by Ian Hunter, Ian Hunter is professor … Continue reading
Today would have been the 89th birthday of Msgr. Richard Schuler, pastor and musician.
He labored in the dark years after the Council to keep sound liturgy alive, promote proper sacred music, foster vocations to the priesthood, and hold the … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to an interview in the execrable Newsweek with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), pro-abortion but self-named "Catholic". You might remember some of her scintillating theological explanations about how she justified promoting abortion.
Here is a bit … Continue reading
I’m back and the birds are busy!
This Red-bellied Woodpecker is having a hard time with the shape of this feeder.
This Hairy Woodpecker spent some time tapping on my window next to my desk.
1 January 2010 is a Holy Day of Obligation in the United States.
It is among the Holy Days for the Latin Church.
If you are able to go to Mass on 1 January and do not go, you … Continue reading
We all know that Pope Benedict would not want to be completely surrounded by bullet proof glass everywhere he went.
On the other hand, security around our Popes has been relatively light.
The use of the sedia gestatoria would both help people … Continue reading
I case you had stopped wondering about why we needed Summorum Pontificum, try this.
For Christmas Mass, we had a different priest by the name of Fr. ___. He started to get all the children to sit in front of the … Continue reading
Holy Church considers many Old Testament figures to be saints.
Today when you open your trusty copy of the 2005 Martyrologium Romanum you will find, just below the St. Thomas Becket, this interesting entry:
2. Commemoratio sancti David, regis et prophetae, … Continue reading