Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Ichabod said As an aside, Fr. Finigan says, “After explai...
- Kathleen10 said There is no way to protect Jesus from priests who...
- Uxixu said @Charlie Cahill: “I think the only way that...
- Ave Crux said for Philippa Martyr: It’s amusing that one c...
- TWF said Fr. Jim, Communion on the tongue is much more wide...
- Ave Crux said I went to see this movie last night because of it&...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said @gracie “Think of lending your lawnmower to...
- KM Edwards said You can (and I am encouraging you) all sign a publ...
- JBS said I personally know of two past instances of the Vat...
- wmeyer said I remain happily anachronistic, frjim, and I see m...
- VexillaRegis said Dear tradcathwife, I’m so sorry for you. I...
- frjim4321 said What a disgusting and horrifying development this...
- MAJ Tony said I think the whole case here rests on fraudulent re...
- frjim4321 said Very clever approach. I will be hopeful that thi...
- MAJ Tony said Mr. Foley, RIP, was imbedded with our brigade comb...
- Charlie Cahill said Reintroducing communion on the tongue would not so...
- wmeyer said Adam Daniels, according to an article on Women of...
- kevinm said I lit a candle at Mass today for the intentions on...
- gracie said I hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see this...
- Magash said I have seen this statement on abortion in the Unit...
- robtbrown said Which Coming Storm?
- TNCath said Sonshine135 said, “Banning expressions in a...
- Cordelio said Following on Father Martin Fox’s comment, I...
- pigg0214 said I can easily see the judge dismissing the Bishop...
- TWF said Uxixu: No reason why parishes can’t recite b...
- Chon said Ave Crux, you are absolutely correct. And have pe...
- Chon said Slainewe: loved your typo. Yes, the “institu...
- Legisperitus said I suppose the courts would just laugh if they call...
- Uxixu said Definitely should return to near-exclusive Holy Co...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit filed against those attempting Satanic event with consecrated Host
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: January 2010
Today is the anniversary of the launch of the first American satellite, which detected the Van Allen Belts.
Explorer 1… 52 years ago today… otherwise 1 February 1958 at 0348 GMT.
The Mysterious Voynich Manuscript Credit: Yale University ; Digital Copyright: B. E. Schaefer (LSU)
Explanation: The ancient text has no known title, no known author, and is written in no known language: what does it say and why … Continue reading
No… this is not about the offices of the NCR.
It is actually about a rap music song.
I have always thought that rap did for music what S&M did for romance… but I digress.
I came by a rap song by a … Continue reading
The intrepid Italian reporter Anrea Tornielli posted that His Eminence George Card. Pell of Sydney recently had an audience with Pope Benedict and that he is considered by some to be in "poll position" to become Prefect of the Congregation … Continue reading
I has placed a question on the blog about the priests who concelebrate not consuming both species. Because I was probably traveling and didn’t have the chance to dig, I opened things up for answers.
Today, while sitting on another airplane … Continue reading
Team Rubicon is a self-financed and self-deployed group of former Marines, soldiers firefighters, Jesuits, health care professionals currently providing emergency relief in Haiti. They provide their own security and deal with whatever they find.
Yesterday was the first time … Continue reading
I had the great pleasure of visiting the WWI Memorial and museum today.
Don’t miss this museum.
It is one of the best of it’s kind I have ever seen.
The some KC BBQ!
Then a quick stop at … Continue reading
From a reader:
My pastor "canceled" Sunday Mass this morning due to an icy parking lot from a recent snow/ice storm. Needless to say, I live in a part of the country where we rarely have such weather. However, … Continue reading
This citation from NLM is really useful.
Bugnini’s own Consilium in 1969 offered the following instruction, consistent with the Vatican II emphasis on chant over vernacular hymnody. As printed in 1 Notitiae, 5 (1969), p. 406
That rule [permitting vernacular hymns] has … Continue reading
Today’s Collect was not in the post-Tridentine editions of the Missale Romanum but it does have its origin in the "Leonine Sacramentary" or, as it is better titled by its editor, the scholarly L. Cunibert Mohlberg, the Veronese Sacramentary.
The … Continue reading