When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Martin_B said The chasuble is (today) the vestment for the pries...
- AlexanderAerarius said As I recall, the cassock is a cermonial descendent...
- WYMiriam said Imrahil said something that needs to be reiterated...
- WYMiriam said Nice piece of satire! Unfortunately, its author u...
- gramma10 said So lovely. Man and beast as friends. St. Francis?...
- Venerator Sti Lot said More of what select French, German and Swiss bish...
- jameeka said I continue to pray for all these petitions, and th...
- Philippa Martyr said Our PP hears confessions on Saturday mornings stra...
- Bosco said By the way, and I’m not joking here, when I...
- Bosco said For Heaven’s sake our very Constitutional pr...
- Muv said Priceless video, but a bit sad too seeing them as...
- benedetta said Maldon, prego, and God bless to you as well.
- Lin said Belated congratulations, Father! Many prayers sai...
- TomD said @john_6_fan, 27 May 11:48AM: “It seems like...
- SpesUnica said So, cassock-surplice-cope for Liturgy of the Hours...
- Laura R. said Belated congratulations on your anniversary, Fathe...
- Maldon said Thank you for answering, Benedetta! God bless you...
- Thom said It looks as though more orthodox bishops are stepp...
- benedetta said Maldon, You may be right — although the effe...
- Gregorius said Funny, you also happen to feature on the homepage,...
- Simon_GNR said I’d just like to point out that the same-sex...
- Maldon said Benedetta, The “good ol’ days” a...
- Rigging the Synod? | Agenda Europe said […] Read here. […]
- jacobi said Correct Father, This at source is not about the Fa...
- Thunder Dan said Absolutley beautiful…will definitely look in...
- marcelus said kpoterack says: 27 May 2015 at 8:21 AM Let’s be cl...
- McCall1981 said @ S.Armaticus, Right on time, here is a new book t...
- Sonshine135 said Don’t think for a minute America and the Hol...
- Benedict Joseph said A complex of historical events and dispositions ar...
- acardnal said Fr Fox, I was thinking the same thing. Here we go...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail
- Ordination Anniversary – VIDEO
- Jihad Brides
- Of the dropping of rose petals
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Tuesday – the protection of our hearts
- WDTPRS: Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself (1962MR)
- Brick by Brick: A priest says first public Extraordinary Form Low Mass
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 4 January 2010
At Stella Borealis, which blog covers churchy news of my native place and region, there is an interesting entry about the appointment of bishops in the zone… and a brief description of how appointments are made.
Search for a new bishop … Continue reading
Okay… I am watching the news and the East Coast newsies are worked up about how cold it is there, as if the temperatures on the East Coast are somehow… I don’t know… news. Oh… it’s so very cold. Brrr… … Continue reading
On my last airplane trip, I sat by a guy using a Kindle. He thought it was great.
We had a question about Kindle here on the blog before. But now that the gadget has been out for a while, I … Continue reading
I read the news that former priest and liberal critic of the Catholic Church James Kavanaugh died at the age of 81. The story is on mlive.com.
One of my spies told me something that the obituary does not mention: Kavanaugh … Continue reading
Although not recently, I have on several occasions mentioned that with the ousting of former papal master of ceremonies Piero Marini, and the beginning of a new approach to papal liturgies with the arrival of Msgr. Guido Marini, it was … Continue reading
Wednesday is 6 January and therefore Epiphany.
Don’t forget, Fathers, the wonderful tradition of blessing chalk and houses.
(In other words, get some chalk today, if you don’t already have some.)
Some time ago a friend gave me a subscription to a great food magazine called La Cucina Italiana. If feasible I try to make at least a couple things from each issue. The last issue has a whole bunch of … Continue reading
Today the world’s tallest building is being inaugurated.
I mean, of course, the Burj Building in Dubai.
When will someone try to bring this one down?
Or is it "safe" because it is in an Arab, Islamic country?
I don’t think you could print … Continue reading