HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Maureen M: We had a priest from Nairobi today giving a missionary appeal. He began his homily by asking all of us why we come to Mass each week. After touching on many different reasons people...
- TRW: Ordinary Form. Diocesan Mass. Reading about Martha and Mary. Father spoke about the need to find time for silence/ prayer/con templation . Basically explained that it wasn’ ;t an option.
- Discerning Altar Boy: In a world so focused on talking and sending output, we need to learn to listen. Like Mary, we should take time in the quiet moments to listen to the voice of the Lord.
- Mike: If they weren’t suppressed , John Carroll would not have come back to Maryland colonies and in 1789 founded Georgetown University . Oh, wait.
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
- iPadre: EF: Pentecost Season is time to strengthen and protect the gift of our Baptism. We were bound to hell, but God in His loving mercy swooped down like a mother bird to return us to the nest...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for this WDTPRS Fr. Z. Tooksam: Good point. Fr. Jim B: Well said Father, the lack of material and support from superiors does happen sometimes. Another problem is the venom...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
- Patrick71: Father used the seven loaves in the Gospel to teach about the seven sacraments and their role in our lives.
- Lurker 59: @Amerikane r The answer is complex and will vary according to the historian. It is largely seen as a political issue with the Society growing too powerful and influentia l for the tastes...
- TonyO: [The exaltation of sterile sexual selfish self-grati fication. She’s the Synod’s perfect young spokesdupe .] I have to ask this, Fr. Z: are you sure the term is “spo kesdupe 221;? I...
- bobbird: It was my understand ing as well that the Suppressio n of the Jesuits was inspired by Masons. The Jesuits had brought back untold numbers of Protestant s and spread the Faith into the New...
- Fr. Jim B: Speaking of taking good things away. The more I offer TLM, use the Parish Ritual, and read books such as Fr. Ripperger& #8217;s prayers of minor exorcisms/ deliveranc e, the more I...
- Amerikaner: What did the Jesuits do in the 1700’ ;s that caused the suppressio n?
- Ave Maria: Oh, those early Jesuits were fantastic! But now… ..anyway, as I understand it, St. John Paul II came close to suppressin g the modern Jesuits but Fr. Arrupe was able to forest...
- JustaSinner: Well, if he wins, at least the wall is done; Vatican City encircled by them already and all…
- Kathleen10: Semper Gumby, what is really unnerving is these are people who are often church going people or at least, people I would consider very moral and balanced individual s. There is an...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 7 January 2010
Here on WDTPRS we had a POLL about whether or not the sedia gestatoria should be revived for the sake of the security of the person of the Roman Pontiff, at least in the Basilica of St. Peter. The results: … Continue reading
I was surfing around looking for some information and found this (the internet is so fascinating) on the blog After Existentialism, Light. “[Doubt] is altogether a pernicious companion which has its origin not in the good creation of God but … Continue reading
From a reader: I must drive 1.5 hours minimum (in good driving conditions) to attend an EF mass. There is only the […] offering it before noon. I have 7, soon to be 8 children. There are easily 12 parishes … Continue reading
From a reader: But I can’t post to your forum. I am an extraordinary minister of the Eucharist for my parish, serving the homebound. I receive communion at mass, then take the Eucharist to those who are sick. Sometimes they … Continue reading
I had a note from someone this morning saying that the writer’s parish priest in his parish bulletin had urged people to fight against the new English translation of the Roman Missal and sign the a dissenting online petition. Perhaps … Continue reading
Check these out… Msgr. Guido Marini on liturgical issues: active participation Bp. Vasa: excommunication can be appropriate President Obama, the Vatican and ‘Common Ground’: His First Year in Review [important] QUAERITUR: Holy Communion twice in one day… did I sin? … Continue reading