HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Cincture: A recent article and memory http://www .ncregiste r.com/blog /dlittle/f asting-emb er-days-an d-reparati on-of-sins , which I admit to in part incorporat ing led me to ask: Is this...
- Gab: Friday done. Now it’s Ember Saturday here. And prayers offered for you Father Z and for all our Bishops.
- jaykay: Atra Dicenda: traditiona l Monks, traditiona l beer and, as if those two were not enough: traditiona l dogs- https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/support- rebuilding -of-nor...
- The Cobbler: There is a fine line between protecting oneself from or defending against abuse, and committing it. “I 8217;m not [fill in the blank] you, you’ re [fill in the blank]...
- CanukFrank: Started today. Currently fasting (as per current Church guidelines ; 2 small ‘snacks’ + 1 main meal) on Weds (for my son) and fasting and abstaining on Fridays for “Special Intentions ”...
- Hidden One: Early this morning I stepped into a church. I picked out a pew and knelt there. My smartphone , on silent, remained untroubled in my pocket. Kneeling there, in limited light, I had no...
- Unwilling: ipocrisia clericale “cle ricalism 8221; honestum cum virtute convertitu r ST ii-ii 145
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: I’ve been meaning to subscribe for a while and finally have the money. I think you convinced me.
- Fuerza: It’s probably not the same thing and I’m not making any judgment on anyone, but this immediatel y called to mind the Franciscan Friar from Dante’s Inferno who got himself condemned to the...
- Gaetano: Most seminarian s in recent years understand that they must be careful how the speak/act around their superiors. Which topics, prayers, languages, liturgical styles, and even clothing are...
- FrAnt: There is no place of refuge for a person anymore. One used to be able to step into a church to put life into a proper perspectiv e, but no more. Today we are not sure what the church teaches...
- Sandy: “Rub rics are in a sense, a matter of moral theology.& #8221; Wonderful statement as is the whole essay, Father. I would love to give it to the new priest at my parish. He has made the...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Dear TonyO, Having done some research on the liturgical and religious history, I think I can explain the origin of the three levels of voice rubrics. First thing to remem...
- Pistis_Alethie: Regarding Martin VS Chaput, I see that some of Fr. Z’s readers still don’ t get it. Martin just responded to ChaputR 17;s column, writing: “I was sorry that he...
- Lurker 59: This is not dissimilar advice than what Fr. Z gives to seminarian s and new associate priests; to whit, be a submarine, keep it to yourself, respect and obedient to those above you, and...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: It is evident from nearly everything I read or hear about with His Holiness that he learned well and practices consistent ly the “spe ak obscurely& #8221; part. Alas,...
- Hidden One: My Italian is terrible, but the translatio n of “sop portare 221; as “tol erate̶ 1; in this particular instance brings to mind the classic line that we should never...
- Kerry: My dear TonyO. Posted for your enjoyment, this link to Fr. John Hunwicke 8217;s blog, https://li turgicalno tes.blogsp ot.com/sea rch?q=Chri stine+Mohr mann, Mutual Enrichment , for all...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: This explains a lot!
- supercooper: Even more off-puttin g to me than Priest Voice (In the Ordinary Form, I’ve never witnessed any type of priest voice in the Extraordin ary Form) is BishopR 17;s Voice. [It...
- thomistking: ChaputR 17;s letter concerning Fr. Martin is masterful. He is gentle and charitable (perhaps to the point of absurdity) but clear and resolute in laying out the principles of the...
- mo7: OK, I had to look up Tall Poppy Syndrome. Thanks, it’s much better nuanced than the condescend ing ‘ove rachiever& #8217;. [Thank you for looking it up!]
- TonyO: Cobbler, good point about the discrimina tion. But he should definitely get a new job lined up first. Imrahil, I feel much the same way about the words said in secret: if that’ ;s what...
- Grant M: I am Groot.
- The Cobbler: If we’r e getting serious, I should recount the anecdote about an atheist blog I once ran across that ranted against “the animistic fallacy 221;, by which he meant not...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Project to fast and pray for the Church! It’s Ember Friday in September. DO IT!
- NEW BEER OPPORTUNITY from the traditional Benedictine Monks of Norcia
- A revert and the power of a good confession: “I left like a new man.”
- An old Jesuit advised Francis: “Think clearly, but speak obscurely.”
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 11 January 2010
From Engadget: Vicar gives his blessing to cellphones and laptops (but not to their most common uses) By Joseph L. Flatley posted Jan 11th 2010 at 1:07PM Not to be outdone by the Catholic Church with its iPod wielding Bishops … Continue reading
This is the Year of Priests. I think it is fair, especially during this year, when talking about the Year of Priests, we talk about vocations to the priesthood. Let us not forget that every person has a vocation. All … Continue reading
You citizens of the USA have probably by now heard about the comments made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) about then-candidate Barak Obama. Pretty much everyone says that Sen. Reid’s comments were "racist". Sen. Reid acknowledges that his … Continue reading
In the news in more way than one. I just heard that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is going to be a Fox News contributor and even as a host! That should be interesting!
Armand Gaétan Cardinal Razafindratandra, Archbishop Emeritus of Antananarivo, Madagascar, has died at 84. For some years I did the Christmas cards for my old boss H.E. Card. Mayer, now the oldest living cardinal. Every Cardinal in the College got a … Continue reading
From a reader: One question: does any document specifically state one must remove gloves prior to receiving on the hand? I have always taught this to be the case as I was taught, but presently cannot find a citation to … Continue reading
There is a Latin phrase: repetita iuvant…. repeated things help… or… repetition of things helps you you to remember them. In discussions about the older, traditional form of Mass or about the position of the altar in relation to the … Continue reading
Here are some links to some recent posts of interest just to make them a little easier to find. Don’t forget to help WDTPRS by using the Google Thingy on the side bar and voting in an award site. How … Continue reading
From a reader: My brother-in-law (to-be), her CATHOLIC brother, is having a baby in a few months and is planning to have the child baptized in a Presbyterian service. I was told at one point that it might be a … Continue reading