Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- StarOfTheSea47 said @CrimsonCatholic, The Israeli soldier was on a mis...
- Mike said Whoops. But all real good news is God news…
- Mike said Good news. In my view, for what it’s worth,...
- Mike said God news. In my view, for what it’s worth, I...
- M. K. said I have not seen it done very often, but I have bee...
- seattle_cdn said Song of Peace – there was a time at one pari...
- Fr Martin Fox said Let me point out something folks may have missed:...
- robtbrown said CrimsonCatholic says: Hamas broke the 72-hour ceas...
- Lepidus said The real question is whether or not a statement by...
- xylkatie said While attending a mass in Dublin as a visitor, I w...
- CrimsonCatholic said Hamas broke the 72-hour cease fire by kidnapping a...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said JBS says: Why is the missal in the center of the a...
- e.e. said Our parish — which currently meets in a cind...
- jacobi said The sign of peace handshake is a post-Vat II attem...
- pjsandstrom said It is worth remembering that the context that Matt...
- Magash said The Sign of Peace really doesn’t bother me a...
- Tony from Oz said CharlesG et al., I suppose I’m not all that...
- JesusFreak84 said And this is why I stick to the TLM or the Divine L...
- JBS said Why is the missal in the center of the altar?
- MAJ Tony said @kbf: I suppose you meant “Camerlengo”...
- MAJ Tony said Dad once told me that there was some degree of con...
- HyacinthClare said One of the many, many issues we don’t even h...
- robtbrown said Rachel K says: I just looked at the maps linked by...
- sacerdos1997 said I dread the sign of peace. When I assumed my new...
- It Makes Me Sick When People Clap In Church. Here’s Why! | Chastisement 2013 said [...] John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in...
- Magash said Two comments in answer to two different posters. 1...
- CharlesG said ” the rite of peace flows naturally from the...
- Vecchio di Londra said My only hope is that some day a senior epidemiolog...
- anilwang said It’s pretty dignified at the parishes I̵...
- StarOfTheSea47 said Honestly, I find it a little disconcerting to read...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- VIDEO 1950 – Pontifical Mass in Westminster Cathedral
- Cong. for Worship considers (’bout time) more dignified “Sign of Peace”. POLL
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- 31 July: St. Ignatius of Loyola – Of the Church Militant and book shredding
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 11 January 2010
Vicar gives his blessing to cellphones and laptops (but not to their most common uses)
By Joseph L. Flatley posted Jan 11th 2010 at 1:07PM
Not to be outdone by the Catholic Church with its iPod wielding Bishops and text messaging … Continue reading
This is the Year of Priests. I think it is fair, especially during this year, when talking about the Year of Priests, we talk about vocations to the priesthood.
Let us not forget that every person has a vocation. All vocations … Continue reading
You citizens of the USA have probably by now heard about the comments made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) about then-candidate Barak Obama. Pretty much everyone says that Sen. Reid’s comments were "racist". Sen. Reid acknowledges that his … Continue reading
In the news in more way than one.
I just heard that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is going to be a Fox News contributor and even as a host!
That should be interesting!
Armand Gaétan Cardinal Razafindratandra, Archbishop Emeritus of Antananarivo, Madagascar, has died at 84.
For some years I did the Christmas cards for my old boss H.E. Card. Mayer, now the oldest living cardinal. Every Cardinal in the College got a card. … Continue reading
From a reader:
One question: does any document specifically state one must remove gloves prior to receiving on the hand? I have always taught this to be the case as I was taught, but presently cannot find a citation to rest … Continue reading
There is a Latin phrase: repetita iuvant…. repeated things help… or… repetition of things helps you you to remember them.
In discussions about the older, traditional form of Mass or about the position of the altar in relation to the priest … Continue reading
Here are some links to some recent posts of interest just to make them a little easier to find.
Don’t forget to help WDTPRS by using the Google Thingy on the side bar and voting in an award site.
How to … Continue reading
From a reader:
My brother-in-law (to-be), her CATHOLIC brother, is having a baby in a few months and is planning to have the child baptized in a Presbyterian service. I was told at one point that it might be a cooperation … Continue reading