Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- The Masked Chicken said This topic is both subtle and widely misunderstood...
- cl00bie said They always forget the first part of the quote: ...
- cl00bie said members of her group plan to show up for the Ash W...
- Tom Piatak said May many other churches follow this excellent exam...
- Papabile said I was born in 1970, so I remember when the abstine...
- Robbie said Beautiful. A real success.
- Magpie said Good job. Having said that, the before wasn’...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Deo Gratias
- kpoterack said “‘Whoa’ . . . The reaction of th...
- Priam1184 said @mamajen: You are right. I also trust Pope Franc...
- pelerin said There are many interesting facts about Lent on the...
- Sonshine135 said Alter rails! Stations! Beautiful Paintings! Beauti...
- jackj said I had trouble with both Google Chrome and Internet...
- RJHighland said What a huge difference, the high altar is gorgeous...
- acardnal said As I read this post, I thought about the standard...
- Gerard Plourde said What a beautiful restoration. I’ve never und...
- Rellis said This is beautiful. If it never changed from here,...
- wmeyer said This is the reaction of a soul that is open to wha...
- Bressani56 said I’m fairly certain Pius XII gave some kind o...
- Phil_NL said I can only say that I’m exceedingly glad the...
- Fr AJ said Wow, how we’ve gone from every day but Sunda...
- Lepidus said Very interesting, Father. Thanks for posting. Th...
- mamajen said Gorgeous! I know I shouldn’t, but when I fin...
- Bea said Thanks Father. Came through loud and clear.
- acricketchirps said Um, I think Lent was several weeks shorter in thos...
- The Masked Chicken said The laws of fasting are somewhat dependent on our...
- Michael said I’m happy to say I was able to donate to thi...
- majuscule said Meanwhile over at the Fishwrap™: The Vatican is tr...
- Sonshine135 said Thanks again Father Z. I am enjoying your Lentcazt...
- Sword40 said +Jacques-Benigne Bossuet. Thank you Fr. Z, I have...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 14 January 2010
Off we go again.
People who think this is glamorous must be nuts.
You get nice views along the way.
Well.. ginger ale is not very interesting.
Remember when I wrote about the probable anti-Catholic bias evidenced by Celebrity Cruises? They have eliminated the services of Catholic priests for pretty much all of their cruises.
The Catholic League has this…
CELEBRITY CRUISES STIFFS CATHOLICS
January 14, 2010
Bill Donohue explains why … Continue reading
For a few more hours I am in San Francisco, Congressional District of pro-abortion Catholic Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Speak of the House.
Could it be that my visit…. nah…. no way…
Thus I was surprised to find the following, with … Continue reading
First, I have an ACTION ITEM for you WDTPRSers.I urge people to look at the petition "We’ve Waited Long Enough".
When you sign that petition, use a real name. On the dissident petition, there are more signatures but a very … Continue reading
Catholics need to fight to keep and clarify a Catholic voice in the public square and the digital continent.
A reader alerted me to this entry on the WaPo blog On Faith. It concerns what the Obama Adminstration might impose … Continue reading
From a reader:
I just had a quick question: If a seminarian or anyone for that matter wears an an alb at Mass is it proper to wear an amice under it? I have a cassock and surplice but the "tradition" … Continue reading