Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- MarkG said There are probably some things I don’t know...
- cbmiamiensis said My Archbishop is there too. The great Thomas Wensk...
- acardnal said HighMass, according the the conference schedule th...
- jacobi said I think it would be excellent if the Holy Father w...
- Gregg the Obscure said Seems like a good way for the Holy Father to show...
- Steven Surrency said He really is going out of his way not to have ANY...
- SKAY said “Israel became” sorry. I do not mean...
- Fiat Domine said On the following comment, which was mine, I need t...
- danhorse said It’s great to see the photo of you with Bp....
- amymev said Thankfully he had fish!
- The_Scott said Truly a shepherd smelling like his sheep. And the...
- ajf1984 said I had two thoughts on this post (which, Allan S.,...
- LarryW2LJ said Fish on Friday – nice!
- Dr. Edward Peters said In short, we have no idea what’s actually ha...
- Unwilling said I don’t see anything wrong with him doing th...
- Allan S. said Is this an Eye of the Tiber thing? Or is the Holy...
- HighMass said Fr.Z has Mass been in the E.F.??? Bishop Vasa was...
- FRIDAY MORNING EDITION | BigPulpit.com said [...] Down Contraceptives – S. M. Did We Rea...
- Imrahil said Dear Supertradmum, Where are the Men of the West t...
- Sonshine135 said Fr. Z, I agree that we are missing a good, Catholi...
- SKAY said tzabiega–Your comment does not mention that...
- Magash said The Middle East has not always been a powder keg....
- acbprop said I’m going to try to get my son’s high...
- Supertradmum said Dear Fr. Z., Can they help a very poor seminarian...
- LarryW2LJ said I agree with Sonshine135 – ignoring the fact...
- FruityPebbles said Phil, admittedly, I don’t know how the Churc...
- Sonshine135 said The Middle East is a powder keg. It always has bee...
- Supertradmum said Where are the Men of the West to fight real Crusad...
- torch621 said I’m on Israel’s side in this conflict....
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles, Yes, I do think the Church should c...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 January 2010
ACTION ITEM for WDTPRSer LAY PEOPLE!
It is nice to be able to give a good poll some visibility.
Over at NLM I saw a worthy poll offered to lay people about whether or not you pray the Liturgy of the Hours, … Continue reading
I was paging through a bird book and found some sections which struck me as being rather like the titles of books.
Imagine a Ludlum novel called…
THE EMPIDONAX COMPLEX
Or a LeCarre book called…
The Accidental Flycatchers
Or an Alan Furst volume called…
Or maybe … Continue reading
I read some alarming news in a spectacularly poorly written ANSA piece.
Most of the article is simply less-than-well-informed blather. The bad bit comes at the end.
Meanwhile, followers of the Lefebvre community in Verona announced on Friday they would celebrate a … Continue reading
There are lots of hungry Chickadees at the feeders these days. They are among my favorites, probably because they are nearly fearless.
Here is a little focus on Chickadees.
Some interesting new came from a reader about one of my favorite groups of sisters in the USA, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, near Kansas City, MO.
The sisters make vestments rather more traditional Gothic and Roman designs, … Continue reading
I picked this up on the site of MusicaSacra Forum.
Gregorian Chant: General: Vesperale for Sundays and Feasts to be expected next week
A Vesperale is the book used for the singing of Vespers in Latin.
Furthermore, the Abbot of Solesmes (the abbey … Continue reading
Remember to refer to Pope Benedict as "the Pope of Christian Unity"… for indeed he is.
Liberals will try to cling to what they perceive as their right to define what ecumenism means as well as with whom and how we … Continue reading
Under another entry there has been some consideration of the age of Catholics who prefer the newer form of the Roman Rite, the Novus Ordo.
Some suggest that people of a certain age may be more interested in the … Continue reading
Many years ago I had a philosophy prof, former Marine and great brilliant gentleman, who in his gruff way spoke to us about insanity.
He observed that insane minds produced bad results, not in conformity with reality. But in the modern … Continue reading