- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- yatzer said Very difficult to keep from wallowing in discourag...
- juventutemDC said Thank you Fr. Z for your encouragement at the end!...
- excalibur said ….multiplying attacks on sports, on football...
- robtbrown said tcreek, The Kennedys are rich and famous, and th...
- excalibur said I had linked to several articles regarding this on...
- robtbrown said kpoterack, 1. I don’t think it’s ju...
- tcreek said This is what happens when the “Church”...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Interesting comments to my brother Gabriel’s...
- robtbrown said Johnno, 1. That’s a matter of a quick, sim...
- Woody said Many thanks for this, Father. My own hunch (and it...
- happyCatholic said Some of my prayer petitions recently are to truly...
- happyCatholic said Clinton, Your comment is even more prescient than...
- Legisperitus said The “corporal works of mercy” advice i...
- happyCatholic said Listened online! Thank you!
- Andy Lucy said Elizabeth D, if it be your choice to refuse to tak...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said 26:14: “… a more palpable expression o...
- Matt R said HighMass, I believe he does, though I suggest you...
- kpoterack said “But my question is: what’s the fuss about?...
- Clinton said The current Obamacare laws are just the beginning....
- acricketchirps said Well, at least I’m sure we can all agree tha...
- LadyMarchmain said Lisa, StJude, BenKenobi: We are all in the same b...
- Johnno said There are SOME INSTANCES of divorced/remarried peo...
- Bob B. said Since federal law doesn’t want to be discrim...
- Priam1184 said @The Chicken: You’re right, I could care le...
- notenoughflair said Curious that this comment came up right about the...
- CatholicMD said The Pope is going to have to start to clarifying s...
- Vecchio di Londra said I think it might transform the NO for the better i...
- HighMass said What a great Interview…..for a Cardinal who...
- Magash said Just saw the head of the Chamber of Commerce infer...
- Priam1184 said Yeah Father, you can’t even see the water an...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Fr. Z on Fr. Finigan on the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- Obamacare, your taxes, and “gender reassignment” surgery. Fr. Z rants a little.
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 18 January 2010
I enjoyed this from Orthometer:
Don’t Mess With The Babies.
I recently heard of a priest preaching on the Feast of the Holy Family that Jesus did not know that He was God and the Mary and Joseph were bad parents as … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to the Recovering Choir Director I was guided to The Authentic Update:
My emphases and comments:
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Some Thoughts About "Turning Back the Clock"
I’ve done a lot of reading (mostly blog discussions) about liturgical … Continue reading
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I am not quite sure what it’s for… but…
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I think people are supposed to … I don’t know… something….
UPDATE 9 Jan … Continue reading
This is really going to get the roller-coaster running.
Vatican investigating miracle attributed to Pius XII
Vatican City, Jan 18, 2010 / 02:40 pm (CNA).- The Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins, … Continue reading
I picked this up from the Shrine:
Sunday, January 17 Tonight on Mystical Theology Theater 3000
Santa Claus conquers the Maritains: Coming down the chimney one Christmas eve, good old St. Nick is surprised by the elderly Jacques Maritain and spends the … Continue reading
Here is something from The Herald of Scotland with my emphases and comments:
Antiquity confers solemnity in shape of Latin mass
Published on 17 Jan 2010
Attending a traditional Latin mass in Glasgow yesterday was a chilling experience.
There … Continue reading
Pope Benedict is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From a reader:
I have been noticing when I have time to check your blog the references and arguments you make about Benedict XVI being the unity pope. Probably like yourself I have had … Continue reading
Massachusetts WDTPRS readers… you decide.
Are these guys obtuse or just plain wicked?
The pro-abortion "Catholic" group called "Catholic Democrats" have endorsed pro-abortion Senate candidate Martha Coakley (D-MA).
Here is their press release:
Catholic Democrats Endorses Martha Coakley to Represent Massachusetts in the United … Continue reading
Under another entry there has been some consideration of the age of Catholics who prefer the newer form of the Roman Rite, the Novus Ordo.
Some suggest that people of a certain age may be more interested in the … Continue reading
Today I had a hankering for a big breakfast, which I almost never indulge in these days. I’ll probably be skipping lunch!
I have great affection for places that specialize in classic American breakfast food… short order.
I have always thought … Continue reading