Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Magash said The John Jay study took great pains NOT to explain...
- Pax--tecum said Wow, that’s an improvement. Lovely! “S...
- Mojoron said It’s maybe time to place stipulations on the...
- A.D. said Prayers for a quick miracle of healing, Father. H...
- wmeyer said Praying for you.
- Priam1184 said This stuff is as bad as heroin, and actually proba...
- jfk03 said Pornography is a terrible scourge, infecting even...
- Filumene said Can’t wait to read it. Does the heart so mu...
- tcreek said An unexplored problem – How many existing pr...
- Mike said Bishop Loverde’s counsel is well worth readi...
- Mike said Popup in IE 11 on Windows 7 worked without a hitch...
- Mike said The faithful of the Diocese of Madison — and...
- Colette said Hope you’re feeling better today Father! Thr...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: I’m not really a fan of reservati...
- Mike said Immaculate Mary, health of the sick and help of Ch...
- mschu528 said His Excellency is in the chapel of the Bp O’...
- David Zampino said Praying, Father!
- guans said For the sake of His sorrowful passion, Have mercy...
- hokiemom said Praying for you, hope you feel better this morning...
- Rachel K said Doesn’t St. Peter’s have a high altar...
- Polycarp said Praying for you. I hope you feel much better soon!
- Rachel K said MikeM221 thanks for the link to the close up of t...
- OrthodoxChick said I have a very arduous chore to tackle today, which...
- bookworm said I recently read “A Canticle for Leibowitz...
- Liz said We are praying for you, Father. I hope you get bet...
- xavier217 said Prayers for your health and ministry.
- lisebaur said I am listening with my teenage sons and I’ve...
- marypatricia said Praying.
- benedetta said Praying you are feeling better this morning.
- Legisperitus said I wonder what church he is standing in. Hope it...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 18 January 2010
I enjoyed this from Orthometer:
Don’t Mess With The Babies.
I recently heard of a priest preaching on the Feast of the Holy Family that Jesus did not know that He was God and the Mary and Joseph were bad parents as … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to the Recovering Choir Director I was guided to The Authentic Update:
My emphases and comments:
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Some Thoughts About "Turning Back the Clock"
I’ve done a lot of reading (mostly blog discussions) about liturgical … Continue reading
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I am not quite sure what it’s for… but…
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I think people are supposed to … I don’t know… something….
UPDATE 9 Jan … Continue reading
This is really going to get the roller-coaster running.
Vatican investigating miracle attributed to Pius XII
Vatican City, Jan 18, 2010 / 02:40 pm (CNA).- The Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins, … Continue reading
I picked this up from the Shrine:
Sunday, January 17 Tonight on Mystical Theology Theater 3000
Santa Claus conquers the Maritains: Coming down the chimney one Christmas eve, good old St. Nick is surprised by the elderly Jacques Maritain and spends the … Continue reading
Here is something from The Herald of Scotland with my emphases and comments:
Antiquity confers solemnity in shape of Latin mass
Published on 17 Jan 2010
Attending a traditional Latin mass in Glasgow yesterday was a chilling experience.
There … Continue reading
Pope Benedict is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From a reader:
I have been noticing when I have time to check your blog the references and arguments you make about Benedict XVI being the unity pope. Probably like yourself I have had … Continue reading
Massachusetts WDTPRS readers… you decide.
Are these guys obtuse or just plain wicked?
The pro-abortion "Catholic" group called "Catholic Democrats" have endorsed pro-abortion Senate candidate Martha Coakley (D-MA).
Here is their press release:
Catholic Democrats Endorses Martha Coakley to Represent Massachusetts in the United … Continue reading
Under another entry there has been some consideration of the age of Catholics who prefer the newer form of the Roman Rite, the Novus Ordo.
Some suggest that people of a certain age may be more interested in the … Continue reading
Today I had a hankering for a big breakfast, which I almost never indulge in these days. I’ll probably be skipping lunch!
I have great affection for places that specialize in classic American breakfast food… short order.
I have always thought … Continue reading