Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said wmeyer says: Amazon commissions HA! They go towar...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “They sometimes scan, you see, with OCR and...
- Dr. Edward Peters said mparks, interesting. will look. (btw, they are pro...
- HeatherPA said Thanks for the link, Father. Ordered a copy also f...
- wmeyer said Father, do you mean to say that all those Amazon c...
- Kathleen10 said @HyacinthClare, nope, I have it too.
- wmeyer said I have no tea leaves handy, but thankfully, the ex...
- rcg said Didn’t you once post a video lampooning R...
- rcg said That is so cool.
- Grateful to be Catholic said Cardinal Kaspar is miffed because other cardinals...
- HeatherPA said Wow, what a vivid illustration of the point proven...
- Gerard Plourde said As Fr. Z points out, there is much that we donR...
- Christophorus1208 said Dr. Peters quoted Redemptionis Sacramentum, “There...
- HyacinthClare said This has to be a man thing. I just don’t g
- xgenerationcatholic said If it is this easy to remove bishops and you don...
- EoinOBolguidhir said Regarding the points raised above by Gratias, hist...
- AvantiBev said Jacobi, I was at Northwestern U in the mid 1970...
- Reconverted Idiot said As a recovering Marxist, imagine my surprise at re...
- Robbie said Sadly, this move seems to fit what was done to the...
- albizzi said Anyways, this dismissal after the FFI’s dest...
- mparks said Speaking of invalidating language, could you pleas...
- APX said Jacobi, We can’t take what the person said a...
- Southern Baron said Father, I know I posted about this before, but I a...
- frjim4321 said Excuse the rabbit hole but this reminds me of a vi...
- Andrew D said TMKent that’s great news about your parish o...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Masked Chicken, it might have been Freudian, but i...
- eulogos said I think people are a mixture of a lot of things an...
- jacobi said To Geoffrey: Anyone, priest or layman in the prese...
- LarryW2LJ said First hearing about Bishop Blase Cupich from Spoka...
- Luvadoxi said rosaryarmy–lol!!
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
- When inculturation is wrong: “whoring after ephemeral relevance, a prostitution to the present age”
- Fishwrap’s venomous MSW
- Multiple sins of the NETWORK nuns exposed
- “Bitter clash”? In your dreams, liberals.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 18 January 2010
I enjoyed this from Orthometer:
Don’t Mess With The Babies.
I recently heard of a priest preaching on the Feast of the Holy Family that Jesus did not know that He was God and the Mary and Joseph were bad parents as … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to the Recovering Choir Director I was guided to The Authentic Update:
My emphases and comments:
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Some Thoughts About "Turning Back the Clock"
I’ve done a lot of reading (mostly blog discussions) about liturgical … Continue reading
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I am not quite sure what it’s for… but…
I put a Google Thing on the side bar.
I think people are supposed to … I don’t know… something….
UPDATE 9 Jan … Continue reading
This is really going to get the roller-coaster running.
Vatican investigating miracle attributed to Pius XII
Vatican City, Jan 18, 2010 / 02:40 pm (CNA).- The Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins, … Continue reading
I picked this up from the Shrine:
Sunday, January 17 Tonight on Mystical Theology Theater 3000
Santa Claus conquers the Maritains: Coming down the chimney one Christmas eve, good old St. Nick is surprised by the elderly Jacques Maritain and spends the … Continue reading
Here is something from The Herald of Scotland with my emphases and comments:
Antiquity confers solemnity in shape of Latin mass
Published on 17 Jan 2010
Attending a traditional Latin mass in Glasgow yesterday was a chilling experience.
There … Continue reading
Pope Benedict is the Pope of Christian Unity.
From a reader:
I have been noticing when I have time to check your blog the references and arguments you make about Benedict XVI being the unity pope. Probably like yourself I have had … Continue reading
Massachusetts WDTPRS readers… you decide.
Are these guys obtuse or just plain wicked?
The pro-abortion "Catholic" group called "Catholic Democrats" have endorsed pro-abortion Senate candidate Martha Coakley (D-MA).
Here is their press release:
Catholic Democrats Endorses Martha Coakley to Represent Massachusetts in the United … Continue reading
Under another entry there has been some consideration of the age of Catholics who prefer the newer form of the Roman Rite, the Novus Ordo.
Some suggest that people of a certain age may be more interested in the … Continue reading
Today I had a hankering for a big breakfast, which I almost never indulge in these days. I’ll probably be skipping lunch!
I have great affection for places that specialize in classic American breakfast food… short order.
I have always thought … Continue reading