You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- APX said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
- Mary Jane said An all-male sanctuary fosters vocations to the pri...
- Mary Jane said frjim4321 , it is certainly not an injustice to ex...
- papaefidelis said I eagerly await the foundation of the Presiders As...
- APX said “Hey God, you’re neat. Sorry for all the bad stuff...
- UncleBlobb said In the spirit of the Knox translation of the Holy...
- Robbie said I think the unhappiness some priests continue to s...
- marypatricia said A friend used to say “Blessed be His holy Na...
- Dave N. said Thank you for not sending undue Internet traffic t...
- Andrew said From an author explaining “dynamic equivalence in...
- Suburbanbanshee said After the big Xenia tornado of 1974, their parish...
- Andkaras said Venerator Sti Lot, and Fr. Z, and Andkaras all hig...
- Bob B. said Maybe the audience of the ’73 version was th...
- maskaggs said Without denigrating the value of introspection on...
- Andkaras said asking all God’s greatest blessings for mama...
- Panterina said Lost my job yesterday, after 16 years. I have to p...
- Phil_NL said Frankly, the only thing I could do upon reading th...
- Laura Lea said Thank you very much Mr. Masked Chicken. I very mu...
- totustuusmaria said Even if it did not encourage vocations, the servic...
- CatholicCoffee said I would like to echo Jack Hughes’ request, t...
- cyriss01 said @Patrick-K. If I heard that prayer at the Holy Sac...
- cyriss01 said If I were a priest and I absolutely had to say the...
- Wade said Those that complain about the 2011 translation are...
- Patrick-K said I don’t understand how it can be justified t...
- moon1234 said One other suggestion would be to use the manufactu...
- Kathy C said The feelings and egos of girls and women do count....
- moon1234 said There has not been 64bit non-compliant hardware fo...
- CatholicCoffee said Fr. Z., you have forgotten to add to the end of yo...
- Long-Skirts said CRIMSON RED Red cassocks For the Altar boys At Mas...
- Jennifer_Fitz said I voted all-male encourages, because of the obviou...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 21 January 2010
Goodbye, Arlen Specter!
And now for one of the most absurd interpretations of news you will ever read.
This is either pure ignorance or deliberate misdirection.
Either way it is from RU-486 (aka The Bitter Pill aka The Tablet).
Church in the … Continue reading
Did you see that SCOTUS ruled on campaign contributions? Apparently, the Supreme Court says that the !st Amendment, free-speech rights, permit corporations and labor unions to spend money on political campaigns.
Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, which reads in … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an editorial with a title which may sound familiar to readers of WDTPRS.
My original post about a project.
This comes during the Week for Christian Unity.
My emphases and comments.
Benedict XVI is truly … Continue reading
A reader asked in an email what I thought about Masses celebrated in honor of the late civil rights figure Martin Luther King, Jr.
I was not paying attention to this or acutely aware that this was being done.
I can’t see … Continue reading
The Holy Father blessed lambs today, the feast of St. Agnes, as usual. The lambs are associated with Agnes, because of the Latin similarity of their names, Agnes and agnus. Get it?
Those sisters in the background are Benedictine nuns … Continue reading
From a reader (emphasis in the original):
Do you want all English Masses eliminated, or a weekly Latin Mass at each parish, or what? Our priest has said that everything that has happened in the last forty years has been bad. … Continue reading
Here is something I have posted in the past… about St. Agnes of Rome. Newcomers to WDTPRS may not have seen it.
Behold the skull of Agnes.
The dies natalis ("birthday into heaven") of Agnes was recorded in the register of the … Continue reading
Okay… I am a little steamed about this.
Plane Quarantined After Being Diverted to Philadelphia
Thursday, January 21, 2010
A flight was diverted to Philadelphia from LaGuardia Airport after a passenger was reportedly mistaken for having a bomb.
The U.S. Air flight … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have often wondered if there was any specially approved liturgy for profoundly/ severely deaf people prior to the liturgical reforms of the ’60s? Surely, there must have been some adaptations of the Tridentine Mass to accomadate their … Continue reading