Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- poohbear said qowieury says: 28 February 2015 at 10:07 pm This w...
- steve51b31 said I have the reverse problem. As a deacon who works...
- pelerin said Having been brought up as an Anglican where it was...
- St. Louis IX said @supertradmom Yes; The good people I know, are tru...
- Gerard Plourde said Quick correction – the hypothetical New York...
- Gerard Plourde said To further complicate matters, if the questioner b...
- Supertradmum said Sometimes, I just have to stop and forgive all tho...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., may I add that most parishes ask for re...
- SKAY said Thank you Cobbler. There is a lot more behind this...
- Chiara said Father – Please allow me to tell you of my e...
- St. Louis IX said I am grateful for this question, and answer. It co...
- Lin said The USCCC welcomes government intervention!?! Whe...
- jfk03 said The reality is that Catholic Church-goers vote wit...
- JBS said The trouble in the USA is that we refer to our par...
- William Tighe said I followed the link that “Peter in Canberra&...
- bookworm said I work for a state agency whose function is to rev...
- JamesM said Father this seems to be different to what I though...
- tperegrinus said It makes me unconfortable to even think of +++Pell...
- Mariana2 said Very sad, but he no doubt knows what he’s do
- Peter in Canberra said http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cardinal...
- Peter in Canberra said Cardinal Pell is a big man. But he didn’t pl...
- frjim4321 said I’m not a fan of this prelate for a few reas...
- The Cobbler said Wow. Thanks for this. (And thanks, Irradiated, for...
- qowieury said This was a good thing. This means, inter alia, tha...
- The Cobbler said Well, I never thought I’d say this ;^), but...
- The Cobbler said I suppose “the rest over there” includ...
- The Cobbler said benedetta, for comparison, I am fairly certain tha...
- The Cobbler said Should I suggest using the <hr> tag instead...
- The Cobbler said In the spirit of internettiness, this whole thread...
- Sword40 said If the Government is fer it I agin it.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 21 January 2010
Goodbye, Arlen Specter!
And now for one of the most absurd interpretations of news you will ever read.
This is either pure ignorance or deliberate misdirection.
Either way it is from RU-486 (aka The Bitter Pill aka The Tablet).
Church in the … Continue reading
Did you see that SCOTUS ruled on campaign contributions? Apparently, the Supreme Court says that the !st Amendment, free-speech rights, permit corporations and labor unions to spend money on political campaigns.
Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, which reads in … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an editorial with a title which may sound familiar to readers of WDTPRS.
My original post about a project.
This comes during the Week for Christian Unity.
My emphases and comments.
Benedict XVI is truly … Continue reading
A reader asked in an email what I thought about Masses celebrated in honor of the late civil rights figure Martin Luther King, Jr.
I was not paying attention to this or acutely aware that this was being done.
I can’t see … Continue reading
The Holy Father blessed lambs today, the feast of St. Agnes, as usual. The lambs are associated with Agnes, because of the Latin similarity of their names, Agnes and agnus. Get it?
Those sisters in the background are Benedictine nuns … Continue reading
From a reader (emphasis in the original):
Do you want all English Masses eliminated, or a weekly Latin Mass at each parish, or what? Our priest has said that everything that has happened in the last forty years has been bad. … Continue reading
Here is something I have posted in the past… about St. Agnes of Rome. Newcomers to WDTPRS may not have seen it.
Behold the skull of Agnes.
The dies natalis ("birthday into heaven") of Agnes was recorded in the register of the … Continue reading
Okay… I am a little steamed about this.
Plane Quarantined After Being Diverted to Philadelphia
Thursday, January 21, 2010
A flight was diverted to Philadelphia from LaGuardia Airport after a passenger was reportedly mistaken for having a bomb.
The U.S. Air flight … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have often wondered if there was any specially approved liturgy for profoundly/ severely deaf people prior to the liturgical reforms of the ’60s? Surely, there must have been some adaptations of the Tridentine Mass to accomadate their … Continue reading