It’s BLACK FRIDAY and people are saving a lot today. Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Nicholas said HAHAHAHAHAHA- Sincerely, Southern California
- excalibur said Most welcome if you do.
- Netmilsmom said Ugh, double post.
- Netmilsmom said We made it home on the ice skating rink that is I-...
- Netmilsmom said We made it home on the ice skating rink that is I-...
- MouseTemplar said Tackling Fr. Faber’s Spiritual Conferences...
- iPadre said Reid and Pelosi, and their entourage had better re...
- Sandy said The Good Lord has worked many huge miracles in rec...
- yatzer said I probably couldn’t afford it, but that thin...
- aleighanne said Please, Please, Please!!!!
- kelleyb said We are blessed to be visiting our brand new grand...
- Mike said While I’m usually not a fan of multimedia em...
- joan ellen said I’d like to say I’ll take one, but it...
- Maximilia said I’ve only been regularly following your webs...
- Imrahil said Dear Banshee, it is quite true that begging was no...
- lucindatcm said Please do them Father! I’m working as an RN...
- Ray said My roots are in St. Louis, Missouri. While in St....
- Imrahil said Dear Chicken, distributism (which is named for a m...
- Rachel K said “Living in grace and virtue while striving i...
- Rachel K said These are great Fr Z, but I am sure they take you...
- Grumpy Beggar said Hey again Kathleen10 . I could say “AMENR...
- acardnal said I find them “Adventageous”. Please...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Proverbs 31 section about the Valiant Woman (w...
- The Masked Chicken said “You would never get a nurse, or a doctor un...
- Riddley said Dear Father, For what it’s worth, this time...
- jameeka said Are you serious??? Father Z, I can’t believe...
- The Masked Chicken said “[So that's what did it! I thought it was yo...
- Jack007 said This the kind of ingenuity that America was ONCE f...
- Ben Kenobi said “everyone who works and performs a job, at l...
- Ben Kenobi said KirkO: There is sufficient land in the US to give...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- 2014 ADVENTCAzTs?
- WDTPRS – 1st Sunday of Advent: true Advent preparation
- Being a Bill can be hazardous during this Administration
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooow!
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV, loser) v. Card. Burke (Elector, classy)
- Your Good News?
- Of Prayers of Thanks and for the Nation
- Does Pope Francis get what it takes to feed the poor as he calls for?
- Have yourself a tactical little Christmas!
- ASK FATHER: Summorum Pontificum, Art. 4 – “observing all the norms of law”
- REMINDER: CD of music for Advent by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Turning to the East in the Diocese of Lincoln – UPDATED
- Singing Nuns defend Embattled Bishop
- Kudos to Sacred Heart in Cincinnati!
- I missed “STIR UP SUNDAY”! But it’s not too late.
- Registration error: Wherein Fr. Z screwed up!
- Pope Francis: “Europe is now a “grandmother”, no longer fertile and vibrant”
- ASK FATHER: Waxed linen altar cloths
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- New Prefect of Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments
- Curial reshuffling to take place?
- Anti-Christian group’s founder arrested
- MIAMI: TLMs bringing in young people
- My View For Awhile: Allons Y Edition
- Paris – Day 7: Shells and bones
- Five Cardinals Book™ will defend marriage in several more languages!
- Bill Murray and the Traditional Latin Mass
- What Fr. Z really said when interviewed by Adam Shaw of Fox News
- “Yeu arr teking zee pheud pheuteaux wit yeur zmarty pheun!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 21 January 2010
Goodbye, Arlen Specter!
And now for one of the most absurd interpretations of news you will ever read.
This is either pure ignorance or deliberate misdirection.
Either way it is from RU-486 (aka The Bitter Pill aka The Tablet).
Church in the … Continue reading
Did you see that SCOTUS ruled on campaign contributions? Apparently, the Supreme Court says that the !st Amendment, free-speech rights, permit corporations and labor unions to spend money on political campaigns.
Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, which reads in … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an editorial with a title which may sound familiar to readers of WDTPRS.
My original post about a project.
This comes during the Week for Christian Unity.
My emphases and comments.
Benedict XVI is truly … Continue reading
A reader asked in an email what I thought about Masses celebrated in honor of the late civil rights figure Martin Luther King, Jr.
I was not paying attention to this or acutely aware that this was being done.
I can’t see … Continue reading
The Holy Father blessed lambs today, the feast of St. Agnes, as usual. The lambs are associated with Agnes, because of the Latin similarity of their names, Agnes and agnus. Get it?
Those sisters in the background are Benedictine nuns … Continue reading
From a reader (emphasis in the original):
Do you want all English Masses eliminated, or a weekly Latin Mass at each parish, or what? Our priest has said that everything that has happened in the last forty years has been bad. … Continue reading
Here is something I have posted in the past… about St. Agnes of Rome. Newcomers to WDTPRS may not have seen it.
Behold the skull of Agnes.
The dies natalis ("birthday into heaven") of Agnes was recorded in the register of the … Continue reading
Okay… I am a little steamed about this.
Plane Quarantined After Being Diverted to Philadelphia
Thursday, January 21, 2010
A flight was diverted to Philadelphia from LaGuardia Airport after a passenger was reportedly mistaken for having a bomb.
The U.S. Air flight … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have often wondered if there was any specially approved liturgy for profoundly/ severely deaf people prior to the liturgical reforms of the ’60s? Surely, there must have been some adaptations of the Tridentine Mass to accomadate their … Continue reading