"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- DisturbedMary said Here she is with Doug Keck on EWTN’s Bookma...
- Supertradmum said robtbrown, agree with a great possibility of the S...
- Supertradmum said If St. Nicholas had been present at the Synod, he...
- iPadre said Helen was a delightful woman. She spoke at Holy Gh...
- krrice1 said I disagree. This was not a total or partial loss...
- robtbrown said Ben Kenobi, You don’t seem to know much ab...
- Badger Catholic said I assume the only revenge that he could mean is to...
- Ferde Rombola said For a clear analysis of the Synod and its issues I...
- dbliss said Cardinal Kasper also said that he did not speak at...
- NBW said Have a wonderful time, Father! And please try to e...
- NBW said May she rest in peace. Will keep her in my prayers...
- majuscule said If you happen to see Msgr. Guido Marini please giv...
- Janol said Hmm…”other journalists”? And or...
- mater_et_magistra said It is interesting that Cardinal Kasper admits a ce...
- Henry Edwards said JBS: “Then came the advent of the non-liturg...
- knute said I think the midpoint relatio, despite “Blue...
- donato2 said I am have no doubt that the “The Book”...
- Marc M said Oops- “Opinion” = “Commission
- Marc M said This might be starry-eyed wishful thinking, I know...
- Rob22 said I am concerned that, as the Pope names more progre...
- Kathleen10 said These events have been a sad display. There is s...
- marcelus said frjim4321 says: 20 October 2014 at 3:51 pm Was thi...
- MAJ Tony said This whole situation calls to mind something I rea...
- marcelus said robtbrown says: 20 October 2014 at 8:18 pm 1. Card...
- JesusFreak84 said *Headdesk* Oh, but it’s folks like Cdls. Bu...
- Peregrinator said Also, St. Pope JPII made Kasper a cardinal…despit...
- JBS said It seemed her noble efforts came to be eclipsed by...
- acardnal said Sad news. She was a key influence in liturgical r...
- LarryW2LJ said This Synod left me feeling bummed out. And Pope Fr...
- Sonshine135 said Requiescat in pace.
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
- 13 October? I’m just sayin’
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 21 January 2010
Goodbye, Arlen Specter!
And now for one of the most absurd interpretations of news you will ever read.
This is either pure ignorance or deliberate misdirection.
Either way it is from RU-486 (aka The Bitter Pill aka The Tablet).
Church in the … Continue reading
Did you see that SCOTUS ruled on campaign contributions? Apparently, the Supreme Court says that the !st Amendment, free-speech rights, permit corporations and labor unions to spend money on political campaigns.
Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, which reads in … Continue reading
The UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has an editorial with a title which may sound familiar to readers of WDTPRS.
My original post about a project.
This comes during the Week for Christian Unity.
My emphases and comments.
Benedict XVI is truly … Continue reading
A reader asked in an email what I thought about Masses celebrated in honor of the late civil rights figure Martin Luther King, Jr.
I was not paying attention to this or acutely aware that this was being done.
I can’t see … Continue reading
The Holy Father blessed lambs today, the feast of St. Agnes, as usual. The lambs are associated with Agnes, because of the Latin similarity of their names, Agnes and agnus. Get it?
Those sisters in the background are Benedictine nuns … Continue reading
From a reader (emphasis in the original):
Do you want all English Masses eliminated, or a weekly Latin Mass at each parish, or what? Our priest has said that everything that has happened in the last forty years has been bad. … Continue reading
Here is something I have posted in the past… about St. Agnes of Rome. Newcomers to WDTPRS may not have seen it.
Behold the skull of Agnes.
The dies natalis ("birthday into heaven") of Agnes was recorded in the register of the … Continue reading
Okay… I am a little steamed about this.
Plane Quarantined After Being Diverted to Philadelphia
Thursday, January 21, 2010
A flight was diverted to Philadelphia from LaGuardia Airport after a passenger was reportedly mistaken for having a bomb.
The U.S. Air flight … Continue reading
From a reader:
I have often wondered if there was any specially approved liturgy for profoundly/ severely deaf people prior to the liturgical reforms of the ’60s? Surely, there must have been some adaptations of the Tridentine Mass to accomadate their … Continue reading