Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Grateful to be Catholic said The sad thing is that this phenomenon has been kno...
- Montenegro said While I’m far from expert, I have worked wit...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Establish, and enforce, a no-fry zone.
- Wendy said Unless my eyes deceive me, I think it’s call...
- MJFarber said Actually I think it’s a conspiracy to make u...
- KateD said We loved this, Father. Thank you for posting it.
- KAS said I suspect less environmental damage from Lockheed...
- Kerry said Like the apocryphal story from Vietnam, “Why...
- Bryan D. Boyle said No one every pays attention to the law of unintend...
- Uxixu said Chickens, ducks or generic ‘birds’ or...
- SKAY said “RIP, dear cousins.” Exactly chicken....
- Uxixu said Lincoln himself separately said that he was more a...
- RAve said Ah say, Ah say, theh’s somethin’ wrong...
- Rachel K said Nevada Fried Pigeon anyone?
- Martial Artist said Chitons are indeed small to large marine molluscs...
- Latin Mass Type said Sheesh…why couldn’t their computer mod...
- JesusFreak84 said Well, with animals being damaged by birth control...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said This is coming from a gentleman who thinks spendin...
- Gerard Plourde said Not about slavery? What about the penultimate para...
- The Masked Chicken said RIP, dear cousins. The Chicken
- Gerard Plourde said It seems that the problem here is one of scale. Th...
- Andkaras said This post immediately reminded me of a commercial...
- NickD said But solar energy gets a pass, because it’ll...
- SKAY said The progressives always tell us they will build a...
- Elizabeth D said Not sure I believe we got the word cotton from ...
- demivalka said Chiton is also where we derive the word cotton.
- Tony Phillips said Wasn’t Bugatti the guy who dreamed up the ne...
- Ed the Roman said Yes, it’s a shell. Chiton ==> chitin ==&g...
- pmullane said +JMJ+ “they’re obviously going to have to pu...
- Seamus said “Why March? I suppose before the advent of m...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Not exactly Crispy Skin Chicken…
- LENTCAzT 16: Thursday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Veyron’s successor?
- 4 March 1865: Lincoln’s 2nd Inaugural Address
- My View For Awhile: Close Call Edition
- Christ’s childhood home found?
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 31 January 2010
Today is the anniversary of the launch of the first American satellite, which detected the Van Allen Belts.
Explorer 1… 52 years ago today… otherwise 1 February 1958 at 0348 GMT.
The Mysterious Voynich Manuscript Credit: Yale University ; Digital Copyright: B. E. Schaefer (LSU)
Explanation: The ancient text has no known title, no known author, and is written in no known language: what does it say and why … Continue reading
No… this is not about the offices of the NCR.
It is actually about a rap music song.
I have always thought that rap did for music what S&M did for romance… but I digress.
I came by a rap song by a … Continue reading
The intrepid Italian reporter Anrea Tornielli posted that His Eminence George Card. Pell of Sydney recently had an audience with Pope Benedict and that he is considered by some to be in "poll position" to become Prefect of the Congregation … Continue reading
I has placed a question on the blog about the priests who concelebrate not consuming both species. Because I was probably traveling and didn’t have the chance to dig, I opened things up for answers.
Today, while sitting on another airplane … Continue reading
Team Rubicon is a self-financed and self-deployed group of former Marines, soldiers firefighters, Jesuits, health care professionals currently providing emergency relief in Haiti. They provide their own security and deal with whatever they find.
Yesterday was the first time … Continue reading
I had the great pleasure of visiting the WWI Memorial and museum today.
Don’t miss this museum.
It is one of the best of it’s kind I have ever seen.
The some KC BBQ!
Then a quick stop at … Continue reading
From a reader:
My pastor "canceled" Sunday Mass this morning due to an icy parking lot from a recent snow/ice storm. Needless to say, I live in a part of the country where we rarely have such weather. However, … Continue reading
This citation from NLM is really useful.
Bugnini’s own Consilium in 1969 offered the following instruction, consistent with the Vatican II emphasis on chant over vernacular hymnody. As printed in 1 Notitiae, 5 (1969), p. 406
That rule [permitting vernacular hymns] has … Continue reading
Today’s Collect was not in the post-Tridentine editions of the Missale Romanum but it does have its origin in the "Leonine Sacramentary" or, as it is better titled by its editor, the scholarly L. Cunibert Mohlberg, the Veronese Sacramentary.
The … Continue reading