Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- wanda said Will do, Fr. Z.
- sw85 said I am the assistant RCIA director at a large Cathol...
- St Donatus said As a small child I lived in Cassville, a town clos...
- Siculum said Chiming in.
- Nathan said We were out of town this weekend, and went to High...
- robtbrown said Bob B. says: I was an Army brat and the only time...
- jflare said ” With all due respect, Father, if “Save the...
- incredulous said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw Here...
- Netmilsmom said The EF is beautiful, but I have a convert husband...
- Imrahil said that this is accordance with the letter of the law...
- jflare said “Apparently some people’s Faith celebration...
- av8er said Alice, I literally laughed out loud. Thanks.
- incredulous said @TWF, the Church didn’t condemn the Christer...
- Mariana2 said ““luxury” seafood” What is luxury has...
- JonPatrick said Charles E Flynn, back in the day when I too had a...
- PhilipNeri said The Devil whispers, “Sign over your eternal inheri...
- Per Signum Crucis said Interesting how the tenor of this thread has move...
- Kevin said Men can do whatever they like with their laws and...
- scribbly said Whilst I was in Papua New Guinea, the Rector of ou...
- Chon said I should have said, “…arrange for expe...
- mburn16 said “We should band together and form and join a...
- Enoch the Sleestak said truthfinder wrote: “I don’t know if it stil...
- Chon said StnyPtGuy said: “If I heard correctly, Abp....
- Whats the Point of Mortification & Offering It Up? - BigPulpit.com said [...] Ignitum Today USCCB: Church Music Need Not S...
- Chon said Bea, I used to feel the same way, and prayed and p...
- defreitas said Now Brother Thoma… The question is, if one o...
- Bob B. said I don’t understand the people that are so qu...
- Bea said How beautiful. Had a good long cry over what we ar...
- TWF said incredulous: Was King George worse than the pagan...
- dholwell said The Brigittine fudge link is down. Did Fr. Z̵...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 10 February 2010
CNA has this with my emphases and comments.
Homeland Security assessed threat of pro-life rally in Wisconsin
Madison, Wis., Feb 10, 2010 / 07:33 pm (CNA).- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security conducted a “threat assessment” of a pro-life and pro-abortion activists … Continue reading
I am heading to the Philadelphia area in a few days.
"But Fadda! But Fadda!", I can hear the New Jerseyans saying even now. "Why…"
I’ll be staying at Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin, NJ for a little over a week. … Continue reading
My iPhone had its own version of Ferris Bueler’s Day Off.
But it is now safely back in my hands.
FedEx came today with my iPhone, sent by the Lost and Found office of DIA.
I was for a a very short time … Continue reading
Liberals want to control the history, the narrative, of what happened during and around the Second Vatican Council. They have had an iron grip on that narrative for years.
In recent times, even before the election of Pope Benedict, the liberal … Continue reading
Thanks to my friend Fr. Robert Johansen of Thrown Back we know what clerics are up to at the Liturgical Institute near Chicago:
This is what you may receive from us at the mention of liturgical dance:
Technorati Tags: Fr. Robert Johansen
Many warm thanks to those of you who recently used the donation button to help feed the birds. There is a sale going on for feed right now and I will be able to stock up for a while. These … Continue reading
A small earthquake in northern Illinois set off car alarms, knocked books off the shelves and jolted scores of people awake at 4 a.m. Wednesday, but otherwise caused no serious damage, officials said.
Technorati Tags: earthquake
From a priest reader:
I have recently been appointed Parish Priest (Pastor) of what are at present two canonical parishes. (The two parishes will eventually amalgamate to form one new parish with 2 churches). As the season of Lent approaches my … Continue reading
Here is something quite interesting for your Brick By Brick file.
I picked up from the intrepid Andrea Tornielli that Una Voce Malaga has been doing some arithmetic.
Apparently, world wide, since summorum Pontificum went into effect some 138 cardinals or bishops … Continue reading