Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said One gets the impression that there are many in Wis...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Details about Mr. Walker’s church membership...
- Mariana2 said Thanks Father! No small boost every day!
- andia said Fr David Balmer denies that he is the priest invol...
- clarinetist04 said That’s a great story. I used to do a lot of...
- Chrissin said At ‘New Advent’ -right? There was no...
- liebemama said Thank you, Father.
- Rachel said That’s an awesome story, Stu. Whenever I go...
- Bea said “Gernetzke is one of 33 men studying to be p...
- CharlesG said I visited MSM last year and like Yzerman immediate...
- Confession via phone or text message? | The Catholic Legate said […] Fr. Z gives the lowdown over here. [R...
- yzerman123 said Can you say “Minas Tirith”?
- Christophorus said @PriestDavid links to Fr. David Balmer of the Dioc...
- The Cobbler said How exactly did we get from radioconciliation to Q...
- SPWang said Skype?
- Grateful to be Catholic said They need an injunction to prevent damage, not jus...
- Matimus said Michael, I think the vernacular was used in late...
- Imrahil said As to space ships, Mars settlement etc., Michael O...
- Rouxfus said Er: “…. triumphal over the serpentR
- Rouxfus said The shots of the statue of St. Michel triumphal ov...
- JuliB said Kristyn – you and me both. I con/re-verted...
- JustaSinner said Fr. Z., when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, can we...
- Kathleen10 said Party of the first part should have legal recourse...
- Stephen Matthew said Speaking as someone with some experience with some...
- Charles E Flynn said This is what happens when a new structure undermin...
- Henry Edwards said “Will the Mass be a Requiem to pray for the...
- Katherine said The story was encouraging but then I took a second...
- Netmilsmom said WOW! Normally the combox of most articles fills w...
- Michael said After this special Mass to commemorate the vernacu...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Someday, the Church will get out in front of techn...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 15: Wednesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- Spectacular video of Mont Saint-Michel
- “They paved paradise and they put up a….”
- Renaissance triumphalist crowing both in bad taste and divisive
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. We are ready to do it!
- ASK FATHER: Confession and absolution via text message? Phone? VOIP?
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 17 February 2010
Damian Thompson has this over at his place:
The former assistant Bishop of Newcastle, Paul Richardson, has been received into full communion with the Holy See, I am pleased to reveal. Richardson – also a former Anglican bishop in Papua New … Continue reading
Fess up. What did you eat on Ash Wednesday?
We know that certain seasoned Catholics and others were not obliged to fast or abstain… but it is laudable to do so without the obligation.
Sooo,… fess up.
After confessions and Low Mass, I … Continue reading
More than one person, including a priest, wrote to me about my comment that today the Holy Father wore a taglio filipino cut of Roman vestment today.
My interlocutors beg to differ.
Here is a screencapture from today:
And from 2008:
One of my … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
JOE BIDEN RIDICULED FOR WEARING ASHES
Fox News analyst Bob Beckel today criticized Vice President Joe Biden for wearing ashes on TV; today is Ash Wednesday and Biden is Catholic.
In the middle of a discussion on … Continue reading
In the National Catholic Register (which you can distinguish from the other NCR because the Register is Catholic), there is an offering by our friend and recent recipient of a WDTPRS coffee mug Fr. Dwight Longenecker about priests and blogs… … Continue reading
Yes, it is Ash Wednesday, but the the important events of life go on.
We are rooting for the US women against the Germans… which leaves me a little conflicted, but not much.
The field of battle.
… Continue reading
The Holy Father has begun his journey from Sant’Anselmo to Santa Sabina for the Ash Wednesday Roman Station Mass.
The Mass to be heard on Vatican Radio … Continue reading
More news about Bp. Vasa in Baker, Oregon.
Bishop Vasa ends diocese’s sponsorship of hospital that performs sterilizations February 16, 2010
Bishop Robert Vasa of Baker has announced that his Oregon diocese is ending its sponsorship of St. Charles … Continue reading
On 12 Feb the Holy Father recently addressed seminarians of Rome. Sandro Magister relates that he commented on a passage from John 15 and referred to a letter to him by a professor at the University of Regensburg, contesting the … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
A priest at the seminary has been blessing saying "May almighty God bless you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Another priest mentioned this was wrong and even heretical for … Continue reading