Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- The Cobbler said Father, did you hear about this one yet? Apparentl...
- joanofarcfan said Next time you head in that direction, continue wes...
- Joy said Thanks much for your answers. I am now wondering a...
- jameeka said OK, nobody else is asking. St Cessianus? 8 years...
- GAK said I have been reflecting on this. Sometimes devout C...
- jameeka said ElizabethD: Thank you for these entries–lov...
- TNCath said You have no idea how awful our city has become. P...
- FrankWalshingham said Of course sanctuary lamps are supposed to be red!...
- spock said That’s God’s country Father Z. I woul...
- Facta Non Verba said Those dastardly White Sox are always trouble!
- Supertradmum said https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Anthony%27s_Cath...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z that is the same Nuns on the Bus sticker I ga...
- Norah said Father, I have always understood that the Stations...
- wilky said Father, In ‘The Ceremonies of the Roman Rite...
- Auggie said “At the corner of Truth and Judgement…...
- Eric said Ryan had a couple if inches and at least 30 lbs on...
- jfk03 said I love baseball
- APX said The most confusing one I’ve seen is green, t...
- TopSully said Nolan Ryan was one of the best pitchers of all tim...
- Matt R said The veil and lamp together is my favorite custom....
- Andrew Saucci said When I took my friends to see the cathedral in New...
- DanW said Glad you made it down to my neck of the woods. So...
- pannw said Stilicho, I am so sorry to hear that. Memphis is...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Mazzuchelli was a tremendous witness to the Sac...
- tioedong said Racism alert! all the people shown on the leaflet...
- Father P said I tend to use a slow and prayerful interior “...
- stilicho said May Sean rest in peace. He was a good man and a f...
- vetusta ecclesia said I went to Ex. Form Mass and the preacher spoke on...
- Toan said Yeah, I would love to see the source of the “...
- Mary said Have you read the novel Fr. Elijah by Michael O...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL (45)
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12 (26)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (24)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (24)
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood (20)
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center (17)
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS (17)
- My View For Awhile: Mazzucchelli Edition (15)
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes (12)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (12)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Anniversary! (HINT: Nolan Ryan)
- ASK FATHER: Color of sanctuary lamp
- My View For Awhile: Mazzucchelli Edition
- Our Lady of the Clergy
- Hillary Clinton supports Planned Parenthood
- ASK FATHER: Really long Elevation, Consecration – POLL
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT MONDAY – US Senate votes to DEFUND Planned Parenthood – CALL SENATORS
- ROME: “Shadow Synod” II September 10-12
- Catholic League on the publicly funded hate speech in Milwaukee
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!” – Memphis officer slain
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2 August until midnight: “Portiuncula” Plenary (or Partial) Indulgence
- Las Cruces, NM: Bombs set off at Catholic and Baptist churches
- CQ CQ CQ – Special #HamRadio Update – Cool Catholic Event Edition
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- WDTPRS 18th Ordinary Sunday: clear, cold reality
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – QSO / QSL Card 1st Draft
- 1 August – Seven Holy Maccabees & St. Peter in Chains: Wherein there is cool Catholic stuff
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s cassocks with shoulder capes
- MUNICH: “Married” lesbian remains head of day care center
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 17 February 2010
Damian Thompson has this over at his place: Excerpt: The former assistant Bishop of Newcastle, Paul Richardson, has been received into full communion with the Holy See, I am pleased to reveal. Richardson – also a former Anglican bishop in … Continue reading
Fess up. What did you eat on Ash Wednesday? We know that certain seasoned Catholics and others were not obliged to fast or abstain… but it is laudable to do so without the obligation. Sooo,… fess up. After confessions and … Continue reading
More than one person, including a priest, wrote to me about my comment that today the Holy Father wore a taglio filipino cut of Roman vestment today. My interlocutors beg to differ. Here is a screencapture from today: And from … Continue reading
Questions… questions… From The Catholic League: JOE BIDEN RIDICULED FOR WEARING ASHES Fox News analyst Bob Beckel today criticized Vice President Joe Biden for wearing ashes on TV; today is Ash Wednesday and Biden is Catholic. In the middle of … Continue reading
In the National Catholic Register (which you can distinguish from the other NCR because the Register is Catholic), there is an offering by our friend and recent recipient of a WDTPRS coffee mug Fr. Dwight Longenecker about priests and blogs… … Continue reading
Yes, it is Ash Wednesday, but the the important events of life go on. We are rooting for the US women against the Germans… which leaves me a little conflicted, but not much. The field of battle.
[uc] The Holy Father has begun his journey from Sant’Anselmo to Santa Sabina for the Ash Wednesday Roman Station Mass. The Mass to be heard on Vatican Radio and CTV. I know the liturgical eye-candy folks at NLM will probably … Continue reading
More news about Bp. Vasa in Baker, Oregon. Bishop Vasa ends diocese’s sponsorship of hospital that performs sterilizations February 16, 2010 Bishop Robert Vasa of Baker has announced that his Oregon diocese is ending its sponsorship of St. Charles Medical … Continue reading
On 12 Feb the Holy Father recently addressed seminarians of Rome. Sandro Magister relates that he commented on a passage from John 15 and referred to a letter to him by a professor at the University of Regensburg, contesting the … Continue reading
From a seminarian: A priest at the seminary has been blessing saying "May almighty God bless you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." Another priest mentioned this was wrong and even heretical for a … Continue reading