When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Diane said donated and praying for this family! Thanks Fathe...
- Fatherof7 said Done. Although I didn’t know these good peop...
- BillG said Done. Thanks for the heads up, Father.
- Elizabeth D said Small little donation and big prayers. I have a fr...
- KAS said hmmm, well, I was telling people about what you sa...
- Giuseppe said Dear NO priest, I pray that you are creative and t...
- Elizabeth D said There are two distinct types of liturgical abuses,...
- I Contributed | The American Catholic said […] I received this note today. […]
- mamamagistra said Speaking of Notitiae, have a look at these two fro...
- Burke said What do you call a priest ordained by the Pope? Fa...
- Cantor said What about the magenta socks for monsignors? Were...
- Charles E Flynn said This is a remarkable appreciation: A Lion of the A...
- NBW said Interesting…. I like Fr. Z.”s strategi...
- rdb said I was living in Rome when Pope Benedict was electe...
- IPSB said The red buttons for priests ordained by the Roman...
- papaefidelis said As far as I know, the “forthcoming legislati...
- Allan S. said Donated, prayed. Wow – unimaginable grief.
- gracie said Our Monsignor used to wear a fuchsia sash. It loo...
- William Tighe said “The French liturgist and converted Protesta...
- jbazchicago said Ut Sive Sollicite 1969 in Latin (or if you must, E...
- benedictgal said Fr. Z: What about the magenta socks for monsignors...
- jbazchicago said Please, never, EVER go to Noonan as a reliable sou...
- Henry Edwards said Among the seemingly excellent suggestions in the a...
- Papabile said If you want to avoid the fee, I would send a check...
- Confitemini Domino said In Munich I sometimes heard the Eucharistic Prayer...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Dr. Peters: Right. But… I’m sure you...
- ProfKwasniewski said Admittedly, back numbers of Notitiae can be found...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Cassock can mean just the cassock without t...
- Auggie said Imitation may be the highest form of flattery, but...
- ProfKwasniewski said I agree with Father Zuhlsdorf entirely that, at th...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 17 February 2010
Damian Thompson has this over at his place:
The former assistant Bishop of Newcastle, Paul Richardson, has been received into full communion with the Holy See, I am pleased to reveal. Richardson – also a former Anglican bishop in Papua New … Continue reading
Fess up. What did you eat on Ash Wednesday?
We know that certain seasoned Catholics and others were not obliged to fast or abstain… but it is laudable to do so without the obligation.
Sooo,… fess up.
After confessions and Low Mass, I … Continue reading
More than one person, including a priest, wrote to me about my comment that today the Holy Father wore a taglio filipino cut of Roman vestment today.
My interlocutors beg to differ.
Here is a screencapture from today:
And from 2008:
One of my … Continue reading
From The Catholic League:
JOE BIDEN RIDICULED FOR WEARING ASHES
Fox News analyst Bob Beckel today criticized Vice President Joe Biden for wearing ashes on TV; today is Ash Wednesday and Biden is Catholic.
In the middle of a discussion on … Continue reading
In the National Catholic Register (which you can distinguish from the other NCR because the Register is Catholic), there is an offering by our friend and recent recipient of a WDTPRS coffee mug Fr. Dwight Longenecker about priests and blogs… … Continue reading
Yes, it is Ash Wednesday, but the the important events of life go on.
We are rooting for the US women against the Germans… which leaves me a little conflicted, but not much.
The field of battle.
… Continue reading
The Holy Father has begun his journey from Sant’Anselmo to Santa Sabina for the Ash Wednesday Roman Station Mass.
The Mass to be heard on Vatican Radio … Continue reading
More news about Bp. Vasa in Baker, Oregon.
Bishop Vasa ends diocese’s sponsorship of hospital that performs sterilizations February 16, 2010
Bishop Robert Vasa of Baker has announced that his Oregon diocese is ending its sponsorship of St. Charles … Continue reading
On 12 Feb the Holy Father recently addressed seminarians of Rome. Sandro Magister relates that he commented on a passage from John 15 and referred to a letter to him by a professor at the University of Regensburg, contesting the … Continue reading
From a seminarian:
A priest at the seminary has been blessing saying "May almighty God bless you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Another priest mentioned this was wrong and even heretical for … Continue reading