Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Pat said Padre, any comments on the visit of Pope Francis t...
- benedetta said Be that as it may, I was interested in the part of...
- JesusFreak84 said It sounds like that’s in there, too.
- Moral_Hazard said “[I wonder if these states are permitted or...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- tcreek said Sorry, wrong thread.
- yatzer said The usually hot, suffocating summer weather has br...
- tcreek said Rather than a book written by Cardinals, did the e...
- yatzer said OK, so how did he do it? Inquiring minds want to k...
- benedetta said I’m confused. Fr. Z posts a fantastic inter...
- RJHighland said VexillaRegis, I hear you it doen’t make sens...
- msc said Reconverted Idiot: Well, wherever I have lived, th...
- Thomas S said Reports of apparently overwhelming opposition to K...
- Stephen Matthew said I am all in favor of jail breaking the kindle, but...
- Giulio said Interesting. I did the same as the default picture...
- gracie said This is good news! However, unfortunately, the av...
- tcreek said I suspect (Hope) the book will follow the reasonin...
- VexillaRegis said My head is spinning, have to read it again later.
- SKAY said I love the screen saver. Your reading list is alw...
- donadrian said I think all the clergy in procession assume the bi...
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles, I don’t see how our arguments...
- Mike said Done!
- samwise said St. Agnes Parish caught my eye in this post: I now...
- Cantor said I like Rev’d Father Finelli’s title. T...
- catholicgauze said Fr. Urrotigoity seems to be bad news. I think the...
- Wiktor said It seems that Fr. Urrutigoity had an “intere...
- OrthodoxChick said I am desperately in need of gainful employment. A...
- Priam1184 said I went to Confession yesterday morning and had my...
- Reconverted Idiot said Argh, that post worked on preview: S(∅) = 0...
- Reconverted Idiot said Phil, your joke reminds me of certain formulations...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 23 February 2010
From a reader:
Hi, Father. It is rather interesting that after dropping the priests from their cruises, Celebrity now has this PR nightmare of 350 people sick on their cruise ship!
And no priest to give anyone Last Rites!
Time to search the stacks of the good theological library at St Paul Seminary in St Paul.
In my day this seminary was pretty dreadful, but HUGE improvements have been made.
A nice surprise. One of the seminarians had … Continue reading
Tonight before heading tovthe library I am taking in an early supper at a very good Chinese spot on the east side if St Paul.
Shanghai juicy dumplings.
As you can see before even thinking about a photo I ate one. … Continue reading
I don’t recall if this quote was from the book or the movie version of The Count of Montecristo but went the old priest in the prison is giving lessons to Dantes, he says of their relative freedom to carry … Continue reading
Would you in your charity please say a prayer for priests who are looking for another diocese?
I have had several requests on these lines lately. It strikes me that you might lend a spiritual hand, especially in that this is … Continue reading
This is interesting, from RogueClassicism. I wrote about the Roman god Terminus the other day:
ante diem vii kalendas martias
Traditional end of the Roman year (followed by a period of intercalation)
Terminalia — a festival in honour of Terminus, the divinity who … Continue reading
Bishop-elect Joseph BamberaRelated articles:
Vatican City, Feb 23, 2010 / 11:59 am (CNA).- Pope Benedict appointed a replacement today for the diocese left vacant by the unexpected resignation of Bishop Joseph Martino last August. Msgr. Joseph C. Bambera was chosen … Continue reading
That darling of the ever more elderly dissident set, NCR‘s Richard McBrien has a new whine about the new English translation of the Roman Missal… which is coming whether the liberals like it or not.
My emphases and comments.
The New Roman … Continue reading
Here is some brick by brick new from Georgetown University sent by a reader.
My emphases and comments:
Student Push to Reinstate Campus Latin Mass SucceedsBy Lenard Babus Feb 09 2010
A renewed push by students for the reintroduction of regular celebrations of … Continue reading