Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- JARay said I too will join in praying for James.
- Kate said Thank you for sharing this, Father – it is t...
- jbryant said Bishop Sheen’s “Mary & the Moslems...
- Philippa Martyr said Philippa, did you know the words and music to Amaz...
- Kerry said Neville Chamberlain gets the goat for the “P...
- robtbrown said Bjaneway529 says: Another time, another priest a...
- Volanges said I read the book when my kids had it assigned to th...
- TNCath said As a high school teacher, permit me to play “...
- Mojoron said Me good, we take care of the poor. You bad, you wa...
- Joe in Canada said “Environmental racism”?
- janeway529 said Speaking of Broadway musicals, I remember one prie...
- drohan said That is inspiring. It is important for people to...
- capchoirgirl said The book came out in the 1990s, so it is actually...
- Defender of Truth said ecs: In no way am I a democratic troll. If you can...
- DetJohn said My, it was bad to dump a student for a bless you;...
- vetusta ecclesia said The utter nonsense on that Tiffen site is really w...
- gracie said I watched the trailer for ‘Giver’ and...
- Susan M said In his very last moments , looking closely, we can...
- rtrainque said I recently listened to an Audio Sancto sermon wher...
- eiggam said Sr. Nancy Schreck was one of my high school religi...
- Rachel K said Fr Z, I a, so glad you mentioned this link between...
- Bob B. said Let’s not forget who trained and armed ISIS...
- MariaKap said “Why is it that all the mass killers in movi...
- hald said The Giver may have been funded by the Weinsteins,...
- albizzi said The mightiest victory of the Holy Rosary was that...
- bj said HeatherPA: You wrote: “I still am awaiting...
- ckdexterhaven said And another thing….at least The Thing That U...
- gjp said Public schools (i.e. compulsory schooling) in the...
- SaintJude6 said So, once again, why are Christians continuing to s...
- Jerry said re: Suburbanbanshee – “you’re not obli...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
- My View For Awhile: Pontifical Edition
- GLOBAL KILLER ASTEROID ALERT (in other words… GO TO CONFESSION!)
- STUDENTS, PARENTS: Text Books, Back To School, and You
- PRP – 4th Glorious Mystery: The Assumption
- New art from Daniel Mitsui. Inculturation Alert!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 23 February 2010
From a reader:
Hi, Father. It is rather interesting that after dropping the priests from their cruises, Celebrity now has this PR nightmare of 350 people sick on their cruise ship!
And no priest to give anyone Last Rites!
Time to search the stacks of the good theological library at St Paul Seminary in St Paul.
In my day this seminary was pretty dreadful, but HUGE improvements have been made.
A nice surprise. One of the seminarians had … Continue reading
Tonight before heading tovthe library I am taking in an early supper at a very good Chinese spot on the east side if St Paul.
Shanghai juicy dumplings.
As you can see before even thinking about a photo I ate one. … Continue reading
I don’t recall if this quote was from the book or the movie version of The Count of Montecristo but went the old priest in the prison is giving lessons to Dantes, he says of their relative freedom to carry … Continue reading
Would you in your charity please say a prayer for priests who are looking for another diocese?
I have had several requests on these lines lately. It strikes me that you might lend a spiritual hand, especially in that this is … Continue reading
This is interesting, from RogueClassicism. I wrote about the Roman god Terminus the other day:
ante diem vii kalendas martias
Traditional end of the Roman year (followed by a period of intercalation)
Terminalia — a festival in honour of Terminus, the divinity who … Continue reading
Bishop-elect Joseph BamberaRelated articles:
Vatican City, Feb 23, 2010 / 11:59 am (CNA).- Pope Benedict appointed a replacement today for the diocese left vacant by the unexpected resignation of Bishop Joseph Martino last August. Msgr. Joseph C. Bambera was chosen … Continue reading
That darling of the ever more elderly dissident set, NCR‘s Richard McBrien has a new whine about the new English translation of the Roman Missal… which is coming whether the liberals like it or not.
My emphases and comments.
The New Roman … Continue reading
Here is some brick by brick new from Georgetown University sent by a reader.
My emphases and comments:
Student Push to Reinstate Campus Latin Mass SucceedsBy Lenard Babus Feb 09 2010
A renewed push by students for the reintroduction of regular celebrations of … Continue reading