Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Margaret said A homeschooler, mother to four young children, was...
- Henry Edwards said tominrichmond:”I do not believe that intinct...
- Geoffrey said The General Instruction of The Roman Missal says:...
- tominrichmond said I do not believe that intinction is a lawful manne...
- Imrahil said Dear lmo1968, I don’t wish to enter the deba...
- LeeF said MattR said: Communion under two kinds really ought...
- kevinm said I offered prayers for all of the intentions above...
- Alaina said I just read an article this morning about how The...
- Michael_Thoma said I recall being instructed that only bishops and pr...
- Imrahil said By the way, it’s of course just a personal o...
- techno_aesthete said Mojoron, the Mass in the Extraordinary Form can on...
- Moral_Hazard said Please pray for my wife and my infertility struggl...
- HighMass said Oremus, Dear God please grant that the TLM is here...
- Synod for the Family: Remarried and Divorced - BigPulpit.com said [...] – Fr. Z’s Blog Synod to Explore...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said We in North Carolina are particularly proud. In...
- benedetta said It’s a great idea though is it not — l...
- Synod for the Family: Remarried and Divorced - BigPulpit.com said [...] – Edward Pentin Shock that Disgraced C...
- JonPatrick said Please pray for my son N who found out last week h...
- Gaz said Neophytes find the cross unusual and confronting....
- Eugene said I have prayed for all above plus Father Z’s...
- Genna said I stand to be wrong, but this appears to be a case...
- A Message To The Parishioners Of Blackfen, London, England. | Mundabor's Blog said [...] am reliably informed that since the very wor...
- asperges said The Maronites use intinction and Communion only in...
- KateD said Please pray for a woman who I met today while out...
- mburn16 said “So I am genuinely puzzled that there is any...
- haskovez said My wife and I were married in Guadalajara, Mexico...
- RafqasRoad said Fr. Jim4321, Lrd have mercy!! I certainly hope not...
- Norah said On CathNews – a service of Church Resources is app...
- Nobis Quoque Peccatoribus said I don’t understand the consternation people...
- Gregorius said Though I’ve in the past been against intinct...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Those zany Satanists!
- Good news on the Spanish Front!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 February 2010
There is a fun post over at St. Louis Catholic:
If today’s faithful Catholic is represented by Elizabeth Bennet, bright, hopeful and coming of age, then the liturgical forms would have to be represented by Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham.
Mr. Wickham … Continue reading
It’s hockey …day… in Canada!
UPDATE!! 24 SECONDS LEFT! 3rd PERIOD!! EMPTY NET!!!
SHUCKS. But!… WHAT.A.GAME!
From my friend John Sonnen in Roma:
Rome has many famous faces and when this poor fellow passed away in October of 2009 it was in the newspapers.
Angelo was the famous homeless man who walked the streets of the neighborhood of Monti … Continue reading
Some people think that so long as Mass is valid, that the minimal elements of valid matter and valid form are used, we ought to be able to change all the other elements to conform to the needs or goals … Continue reading
From the Laudator:
Frederic De Forest Allen, quoted by J.B. Greenough in Harvard Studies in Classical Philology 9 (1898) 31:
We call the Romans ancient, but when they were alive they thought themselves as modern as anybody.
COLLECT – ICEL (1973 translation of the 1970MR): God our Father, help us to hear your Son. Enlighten us with your word, that we may find the way to your glory.
LATIN TEXT (2002MR): … Continue reading
In the 2002 edition of the Missale Romanum the traditional Lenten "Prayer over the people" has been revived. It can be used now in Latin.
ORATIO SUPER POPULUM:Benedic, Domine fideles tuos benedictione perpetua,et fac eos Unigeniti tui Evangelio sic adhaerere,ut ad … Continue reading
The entry here reminded me of an old chestnut about a chain letter:
The Perfect Priest
The results of a computerized survey indicate the perfect priest preaches exactly fifteen minutes. He condemns sins but never upsets anyone. He works from 8:00 … Continue reading