You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
- Giuseppe said @Venerator Sti Lot – This is the easiest lin...
- Cathy said I worked as a temp at one time putting computers t...
- yatzer said My Jewish friends in college referred to the rabbi...
- Venerator Sti Lot said What of attention to Latin Psalms, as existing pra...
- Giuseppe said Just as a priest’s wife (those rare priests...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Imrahil, The year we were workng mostly on Cicero...
- spencer said As a permanent deacon (and I really tire of using...
- ronconte said In the early Church, a deaconess was not necessari...
- JabbaPapa said The word “deaconess” has sometimes bee...
- Speravi said I love the “deacon is a deacon is a deacon...
- ReginaMarie said Diakonissa is a Greek title of honor used to refer...
- robtbrown said billy says: The problem with having all meatless d...
- OrthodoxChick said This is a timely post. I have a dead mothership l...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: February 2010
Our friend at Recovering Dissident Catholic, "Cathy of Alexandria" has a particularly good rant, which I feature here (with edits) as a "guest rant". My emphases and comments.
A good priest is hard to find. Heck, a PRIEST can be hard … Continue reading
Paolo Rodari of Palazzo Apostolico has an interesting piece today about a possible consistory in which Benedict XVI would name new cardinals, thus giving a indication about a future successor. Rodari’s focus is on Europe, but it is interesting for … Continue reading
Your the Brick by Brick file from the Journal Star with my emphases and comments.
Consecration at Denton seminary to celebrate ‘crown jewel’
By ERIN ANDERSEN / Lincoln Journal Star
Sitting atop a hill in Denton, Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary is visible … Continue reading
There are several Collects in today’s extended edition of Holy Mass for Ember Saturday. There are five lessons before we even get to the Epistle and each lesson is followed by a Gradual and Collect.
After the the fifth lesson, the … Continue reading
The woman of curling have resolved all the questions.
It came down to a nail-biter, last rock of the 11th end.
The moment of truth for Canada.
Congratulations to Sweden.
UPDATE 27 Feb 0448 GMT:
And as curling is winding down, we have some time … Continue reading
I am trying these days to eat my principle meal at midday rather than in the evening. In the evening I will have a light supper, maybe some salad and/or soup and then, after a while, have a solid … Continue reading
Here is the Oratio super Populum which may be used NOW (in Latin) after Holy Mass. Each day in Lent in the Ordinary Form now has this revived tradition according to the 2002MR which is, now, the edition of the … Continue reading
For a long time people have wondered about the "Instruction" that was to come from the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei (now under the CDF) on the Holy Father’s "emancipation proclamation" Summorum Pontificum.
For some time I wondered whether it would be … Continue reading
This is Ember Week in Lent.
I had a PODCAzT which spoke about Ember Days.
During the week after the 1st Sunday of Lent we observe the Ember Days of Lent. “Ember” derives from Anglo-Saxon ymbren, “a circuit or revolution … Continue reading