- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- liquidpaw said Another reason EF is superior…it avoids all...
- rroan said I used to be a lector at my Novus Ordo parish but...
- James C said When I get approached to be a “Eucharistic M...
- Siculum said Optime.
- euphemos said Father, Are there any media outlets you typically...
- Del said Wouldn’t we all love to see a summit meeting...
- pmullane said Marion Ancilla Mariae: Read in context – the...
- SKAY said Thank you, Father.
- Ben Yanke said In my situation, I end up “doing” a lo...
- AnimatedCatholic said I think Evovae is right. I don’t think this...
- suedusek said Dear Reader: How exciting to hear that you have r...
- Siculum said “[Yes, the writer is correct on this point....
- sw85 said There is a certain presumption to it all, isn̵...
- Elizium23 said Personally as a single man, I would be overjoyed t...
- Nan said I just tell people I don’t think women belon...
- L. said Fr. Z, regarding your comment, “When Pope Fr...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Italics off
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I won’t call you out – you know who yo...
- Dr. Eric said I think this article serves to remind us that Fox...
- pmullane said I’d be surprised if any priest could argue w...
- Heather F said That is the reason I don’t sing in the choir...
- chantgirl said I agree that the Stuart Smalley Mass style has tur...
- Suburbanbanshee said People would understand “Evangelii Gaudium...
- Suburbanbanshee said Jesus Christ died to make us free, not to make us...
- John of Chicago said In a speech some years before World War II, Presid...
- Dr. Eric said Thank you for posting these, Father, these little...
- Evovae said This piece and Rush’s tirade make me VERY ne...
- Darren said Two requests: 1. Please pray that I get a new job...
- AttiaDS said I saw on my FoxNews app the following: ‘STAL...
- Rushintuit said Barque of Peter, sail on!
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 1 Dec: St. Nahum, Prophet of the Old Testment
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: February 2010
Our friend at Recovering Dissident Catholic, "Cathy of Alexandria" has a particularly good rant, which I feature here (with edits) as a "guest rant". My emphases and comments.
A good priest is hard to find. Heck, a PRIEST can be hard … Continue reading
Paolo Rodari of Palazzo Apostolico has an interesting piece today about a possible consistory in which Benedict XVI would name new cardinals, thus giving a indication about a future successor. Rodari’s focus is on Europe, but it is interesting for … Continue reading
Your the Brick by Brick file from the Journal Star with my emphases and comments.
Consecration at Denton seminary to celebrate ‘crown jewel’
By ERIN ANDERSEN / Lincoln Journal Star
Sitting atop a hill in Denton, Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary is visible … Continue reading
There are several Collects in today’s extended edition of Holy Mass for Ember Saturday. There are five lessons before we even get to the Epistle and each lesson is followed by a Gradual and Collect.
After the the fifth lesson, the … Continue reading
The woman of curling have resolved all the questions.
It came down to a nail-biter, last rock of the 11th end.
The moment of truth for Canada.
Congratulations to Sweden.
UPDATE 27 Feb 0448 GMT:
And as curling is winding down, we have some time … Continue reading
I am trying these days to eat my principle meal at midday rather than in the evening. In the evening I will have a light supper, maybe some salad and/or soup and then, after a while, have a solid … Continue reading
Here is the Oratio super Populum which may be used NOW (in Latin) after Holy Mass. Each day in Lent in the Ordinary Form now has this revived tradition according to the 2002MR which is, now, the edition of the … Continue reading
For a long time people have wondered about the "Instruction" that was to come from the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei (now under the CDF) on the Holy Father’s "emancipation proclamation" Summorum Pontificum.
For some time I wondered whether it would be … Continue reading
This is Ember Week in Lent.
I had a PODCAzT which spoke about Ember Days.
During the week after the 1st Sunday of Lent we observe the Ember Days of Lent. “Ember” derives from Anglo-Saxon ymbren, “a circuit or revolution … Continue reading