When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- jltuttle said Well this is grand! I mean the news about John C....
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z would have to say Novus Ordo Mass more or les...
- WYMiriam said Fr. Z asked if we agree with what DAndrew said: ...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kathleen10, I’m always having to, and liking...
- cheyan said I actually like the ICEL prayer – not as a t...
- timfout said Our pastor, who is a wonderful almost still young...
- amenamen said Using words, Saint Francis of Assisi said many thi...
- excalibur said Father Z, the perfect man for the Kansas City-St....
- AnAmericanMother said Yes, yes, yes! Thank you Father for your frequent...
- datritle said I miss the white background
- AnAmericanMother said Fr. Philip Neri, OP, I absolutely agree that homil...
- PhilipNeri said Imrahil, I am deeply scandalized by the notion tha...
- CCS said Ignore my last comment, problem seems to have been...
- CCS said Iphone 6+ running Covenant Eyes browser. The site...
- Andrew said Giuseppe: As far as I can tell – and I looke...
- John UK said Thank you for the helpful reflection. The simple G...
- catholiccomelately said If I carry handwritten pages into the Confessional...
- Kathleen10 said I need Shakespeare for Dummies.
- Per Signum Crucis said EPI on high days and holy days; EPIII on most ordi...
- Giuseppe said Summa Theologiae, 2nd part of 2nd part. Q.32 Artic...
- PomeroyonthePalouse said In our parish, it’s 94% II, 1% Eucharistic P...
- mysticalrose said This translation and commentary is a wonderful and...
- asperges said Thanks to St Winifride for news of Bugnini’s...
- Giuseppe said Amazing catechism from 1899. — free ebook li...
- pattif said As a wise priest said to me, when a seminarian fri...
- msc said I like those two parallel relative clauses at the...
- Per Signum Crucis said Elizabeth D, A nice start! To add a few more them...
- Imrahil said Dear Giuseppe, the CCC wasn’t here giving a...
- Gregorius said I never get to enjoy EP II… I get distracted...
- VexillaRegis said I have two very urgent and pressing prayer request...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): Be distinguished by your profession of Christ!
- Wherein Fr. Z is, again, in a SciFi novel
- Feedback and a confessional story
- Notes on Eucharistic Prayer II
- Another morsel for #TalkLikeShakespeare Day
- Thanks to readers, monthly donations, Mass for benefactors
- A curious lacuna in ‘Misericordiae vultus’, the Bull for the Holy Year of Mercy
- A Talk Like Shakespeare Day Gift to the Fair Readership that frequenteth This Blog
- ASK FATHER: Continuously adding tap water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: Inviting children to stand around the altar? Fail!
- Reader Check-up: Testing a new mobile theme
- ASK FATHER: Seminarians required to stand for Communion. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Have a brainy happy birthday Roma! (Father Z’s Kitchen)
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- ASK FATHER: St. Michael Prayer after Novus Ordo Masses
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Monthly Archives: February 2010
Wisconsin diocese withholding 2010 funds from CCHD
Green Bay, Wis., Feb 25, 2010 / 06:15 pm (CNA).- The Diocese of Green Bay in Wisconsin has chosen to withhold its annual funding of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) until … Continue reading
A reader offered this:
A light hearted proposal in the Olympic Spirit… The Inaugural Rubrical Olympics would be held at the Blackfen Minor Basilica and accept teams of clergy and servers from any Rite, Form, or Use approved by the Holy See. … Continue reading
I have noticed lately that when citing Church documents some writers are perhaps less than clear about the use of capitalization.
Here is a small point for students and writers to take into consideration.
A common "mistake" rests in simply capitalizing all … Continue reading
Dont’ forget these, which have scrolled off:
Sermon for 1st Sunday of Lent (1962MR)
QUAERITUR: It is hard to learn the “Tridentine Mass”?
From the LCWR: Lenten Carbon Fast 2010 Calendar (not making this up)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. … Continue reading
A friend sent a note about a forthcoming book entitled Benedict XVI and the Sacred Liturgy, which will include the proceedings of the 1st FOTA International Liturgical Conference in Cork, Ireland in 2008.
It can be pre-ordered. I will post about … Continue reading
For those of you using an iPhone try the browser called "Journey" instead of Safari.
For those of you viewing WDTPRS with your mobile device, I switched some of the settings around. Lemme know what you think. Some of you were … Continue reading
Back at last for a time at home, I have been able to note the changes at the feeder.The first thing to note is how much they can eat. Holy cow.
His scriptis, I note with pleasure that House Finches are … Continue reading
The women of Canada are dueling the women of Switzerland.
Oh the drama!
Great hats are available.
And the Swiss deserve to lose for this, if nothing else.
The tension is building.
CANADA WINS! I am sure you are now exhausted from the tension.
I have been getting more and more news of parishes implementing some form of the Office or Liturgy of Hours for the people to sing.
I want to put this out there for informed readers with some knowledge to comment on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question about the rubrics of the ordinary form that I can’t seem to find an answer to. Before the consecration, it is the practice of the sacred ministers to bow to the altar rather than … Continue reading