You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- The Sicilian Woman said For the repose of the souls of our departed milita...
- chantgirl said I recently found out that I’m about 9 weeks...
- Cincinnati Priest said Regarding the assumption that it is more likely th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said James Joseph, What, I wondered, might Chester A. &...
- FrDulli said I would like to pray for the Holy Spirit to give t...
- Cathy said I do get concerned when deacon’s wives are h...
- donato2 said “Let us also pray for the unwitting agents o...
- APX said Oh wait. My bad. I forgot it’s the 21st Cent...
- APX said Great idea! If you’re up for it, why not start? I...
- BLB Oregon said Our new archbishop, while he was bishop of Marquet...
- Hank Igitur said Some EF priests won’t allow married men to s...
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Fr Martin Fox said Robt Brown: I dunno. Am I still a deacon? I think...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Monthly Archives: February 2010
Wisconsin diocese withholding 2010 funds from CCHD
Green Bay, Wis., Feb 25, 2010 / 06:15 pm (CNA).- The Diocese of Green Bay in Wisconsin has chosen to withhold its annual funding of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) until … Continue reading
A reader offered this:
A light hearted proposal in the Olympic Spirit… The Inaugural Rubrical Olympics would be held at the Blackfen Minor Basilica and accept teams of clergy and servers from any Rite, Form, or Use approved by the Holy See. … Continue reading
I have noticed lately that when citing Church documents some writers are perhaps less than clear about the use of capitalization.
Here is a small point for students and writers to take into consideration.
A common "mistake" rests in simply capitalizing all … Continue reading
Dont’ forget these, which have scrolled off:
Sermon for 1st Sunday of Lent (1962MR)
QUAERITUR: It is hard to learn the “Tridentine Mass”?
From the LCWR: Lenten Carbon Fast 2010 Calendar (not making this up)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. … Continue reading
A friend sent a note about a forthcoming book entitled Benedict XVI and the Sacred Liturgy, which will include the proceedings of the 1st FOTA International Liturgical Conference in Cork, Ireland in 2008.
It can be pre-ordered. I will post about … Continue reading
For those of you using an iPhone try the browser called "Journey" instead of Safari.
For those of you viewing WDTPRS with your mobile device, I switched some of the settings around. Lemme know what you think. Some of you were … Continue reading
Back at last for a time at home, I have been able to note the changes at the feeder.The first thing to note is how much they can eat. Holy cow.
His scriptis, I note with pleasure that House Finches are … Continue reading
The women of Canada are dueling the women of Switzerland.
Oh the drama!
Great hats are available.
And the Swiss deserve to lose for this, if nothing else.
The tension is building.
CANADA WINS! I am sure you are now exhausted from the tension.
Technorati Tags: … Continue reading
I have been getting more and more news of parishes implementing some form of the Office or Liturgy of Hours for the people to sing.
I want to put this out there for informed readers with some knowledge to comment on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question about the rubrics of the ordinary form that I can’t seem to find an answer to. Before the consecration, it is the practice of the sacred ministers to bow to the altar rather than … Continue reading