- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- McCall1981 said @ kpoterack Thanks for posting those links, they a...
- q7swallows said Oh, I just hit the play button from the main blog...
- q7swallows said I relish these, Father, although I cannot seem to...
- tcreek said If the link to Catholic Culture in my post above d...
- tcreek said Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics wou...
- Rancid said “To me, though, the whole thing is rather si...
- Ben Kenobi said “I frankly I don’t see how a remarried coupl...
- Ganganelli said I’m totally confused by this but sometimes i...
- Ben Kenobi said “They, i.e. e.g. the German bishops, do not...
- TheAcolyte said PS: there is no prohibition (or restriction) on a...
- OrthodoxChick said Praying for all of you here, and certainly, our de...
- TheAcolyte said It is clearly stated in all contemporary rubrical...
- The Masked Chicken said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfec...
- St. Epaphras said Another “two cents’ worth” by on...
- frahobbit said “But I say to you, that whosoever shall put away h...
- Ben Kenobi said “What about all those people who DID NOT get...
- Ben Kenobi said Father Z: I’m one of those folks who would s...
- Andrew said And today’s Latin tweet from Pontifex_ln rea...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: The Eucharist is not a prize for...
- LarryW2LJ said This is what has always puzzled me about some cath...
- robtbrown said It is not likely the Synod will settle the situati...
- Scott W. said The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfect but a...
- kpoterack said “Mueller is neither pope nor Time’s Person o...
- benedetta said Today I listened right through the post. I especi...
- Odhren said Not continuing to commit adultery is not a ‘...
- ocalatrad said This whole debate by the modernists is their typic...
- jacobi said “The Eucharist is not a prize for the perfect but...
- Marine Mom said All reason and natural enquiry must follow faith,...
- mrshopey said Also, a person who is trying to do what is right (...
- Odhren said If ADULTERY is not clearly a mortal sin excluding...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- VIDEO Interview with Card. Burke on EWTN – on Francis, the Ap. Exhortation, Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 3rd Sunday of Advent – “the childlike dash towards the long-desired thing”
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: February 2010
Wisconsin diocese withholding 2010 funds from CCHD
Green Bay, Wis., Feb 25, 2010 / 06:15 pm (CNA).- The Diocese of Green Bay in Wisconsin has chosen to withhold its annual funding of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) until … Continue reading
A reader offered this:
A light hearted proposal in the Olympic Spirit… The Inaugural Rubrical Olympics would be held at the Blackfen Minor Basilica and accept teams of clergy and servers from any Rite, Form, or Use approved by the Holy See. … Continue reading
I have noticed lately that when citing Church documents some writers are perhaps less than clear about the use of capitalization.
Here is a small point for students and writers to take into consideration.
A common "mistake" rests in simply capitalizing all … Continue reading
Dont’ forget these, which have scrolled off:
Sermon for 1st Sunday of Lent (1962MR)
QUAERITUR: It is hard to learn the “Tridentine Mass”?
From the LCWR: Lenten Carbon Fast 2010 Calendar (not making this up)
STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. … Continue reading
A friend sent a note about a forthcoming book entitled Benedict XVI and the Sacred Liturgy, which will include the proceedings of the 1st FOTA International Liturgical Conference in Cork, Ireland in 2008.
It can be pre-ordered. I will post about … Continue reading
For those of you using an iPhone try the browser called "Journey" instead of Safari.
For those of you viewing WDTPRS with your mobile device, I switched some of the settings around. Lemme know what you think. Some of you were … Continue reading
Back at last for a time at home, I have been able to note the changes at the feeder.The first thing to note is how much they can eat. Holy cow.
His scriptis, I note with pleasure that House Finches are … Continue reading
The women of Canada are dueling the women of Switzerland.
Oh the drama!
Great hats are available.
And the Swiss deserve to lose for this, if nothing else.
The tension is building.
CANADA WINS! I am sure you are now exhausted from the tension.
Technorati Tags: … Continue reading
I have been getting more and more news of parishes implementing some form of the Office or Liturgy of Hours for the people to sing.
I want to put this out there for informed readers with some knowledge to comment on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question about the rubrics of the ordinary form that I can’t seem to find an answer to. Before the consecration, it is the practice of the sacred ministers to bow to the altar rather than … Continue reading