Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
- Imrahil said I tend to make one exception. Those who went to wa...
- ridiculusmus said You still have not corrected the text in the post.
- Supertradmum said Well, people need to make little decisions daily...
- jaykay said jhayes: Yes indeed, and that exists also in the Re...
- cwalshb said Father, perhaps we could have a post, with sources...
- Doge of Venice said Adding St. Joseph to the Canon may have been a tes...
- padredana said Here in the diocese of Sioux Falls, SD we just rec...
- BridgetTheresa said Let’s ask the intercession of Saint Patrick...
- jhayes said Jaykay wrote: “we don’t have to find a...
- Laura Lea said Father Z’s post today certainly reflects wha...
- St. Joseph added to Novus Ordo Eucharist Prayers | A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics said [...] great devotion to St. Joseph, so my natural...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Then let us hope and pray that neither ...
- acardnal said jaykay wrote, “People who live there will fi...
- jaykay said jhayes: the “isolation” you speak of...
- Chuck3030 said Father, did you lose your sermon for this past Su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jaykay, Thanks for your further response! You say,...
- pjsandstrom said How is progress going on your Doctoral Thesis? Is...
- SKAY said Interesting who else has a problem with Catholic s...
- Brian K said “Still, if you will not fight for the right when y...
- jhayes said Jaykay, I went to a Catholic school for 9 years wh...
- Theodore said My daughter who is an evangelical Christian and wh...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 5 March 2010
I will be in Manhattan for a while. I will be celebrant for a Triduum in the older Roman Rite at Holy Innocents
It is Friday in Lent, and as the sun sank, I – a traditionalist in my consistency – wanted a cheeseburger.
So, I dug into the freezer and found a piece of frozen halibut which I bought for $1.38. … Continue reading
I understand that Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams may soon issue a document Romanorum coetibus which will create a safe haven in the very loose Anglican embrace where the editor and readers of The Tablet and NCR, at their request mind … Continue reading
They were scarce for a while, but are getting more active, I think.
And many thanks to RF who used my amazon wish list to send Joseph Pearce’s Through Shakespeare’s Eyes: seeing the Catholic presence in the plays. I read … Continue reading
A great new feature of the 2002 Missale Romanum in Latin is that for Lent the "Prayer over the people" or Oratio super populum has been revived as an option.
Priests can use this prayer NOW at the end … Continue reading
I received an SMS saying that the iPhone app "iBreviary" is free right now.
I have mixed views of iBreviary, frankly.
At first, it was quite promising.
Many languages were promised including Latin.
But most of the time the Latin was never … Continue reading
Some time ago, Fr. Aidan Nichols set out radical and comprehensive program for Catholic renewal of England in a book The Realm: An Unfashionable Essay on the Conversion of England. (For readers in the UK click HERE to buy.)
… Continue reading
In the latest issue of New Jesuit Review (issued by real Jesuits!) there is a fine article by my friend Fr. John Gavin, SJ, whom I got to know in Rome.
Folks, there are good young Jesuits. Really.
His article is … Continue reading
In Tennessee a baptist minister has engaged in the worst sort of anti-Catholic bigotry.
The pastor of Conner Heights Baptist Church, Jonathan Hatcher, distributed to students at Pigeon Forge High School the lowest sort of anti-Catholic pamphlets. One such refers to … Continue reading