Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- LeslieL said I am a wee bit late this time – but I promis...
- q7swallows said I note that not one boy or altar boy was interview...
- Boniface said frjim4321, those whose belief in and practice of t...
- jameeka said Fr Z: what do you think of the processed Italian-...
- Jerry said re: Kathleen10 – “What on earth is com...
- frjim4321 said Fifteen or more years ago this would not have been...
- AAJD said I met Fr. Illo when we were both teaching in Ukrai...
- excalibur said Lay people are asked what is their opinion. When i...
- thomas tucker said Cardinal Marx, in denigrating the Church’s a...
- Mary Jane said “What percentage of priest ministering in th...
- Mojoron said What’s the deal with Card Rodriguez in the p...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Hans (et al.), I searched for “Rodiguez Mara...
- Lin said I pray Cardinal Burke is chosen to be our next pop...
- happyCatholic said mikeinmo, Thanks so much for posting that link fro...
- gramma10 said The austere environment actually is a great thing...
- Matt Robare said And to think my Frankish ancestors used to tonsure...
- robtbrown said Nothing surprising. 1. Those who were ordained f...
- Kathleen10 said Yet this is what the Cardinals wanted when they el...
- Netmilsmom said We just attended Ba’utha at a local Chaldean...
- majuscule said Interview with Fr. Illo (audio): http://sfarchdioc...
- Liz said Sorry but the above is a link to people who can h...
- Liz said http://www.gofundme.com/kvc80g
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if the book containing the instructions f...
- The Cobbler said Bring back the Minor Orders! *ahem* Fr. Jim, if I...
- acardnal said I don’t think the hyperlink worked above: h...
- acardnal said Supplementing jhayes comment above, Fr. Z remarked...
- acardnal said Regarding repentance and mercy, Pope Francis remin...
- acardnal said I wish Cardinal Maradiaga would spend more time in...
- Tim Ferguson said I could think of worse punishments. He could be as...
- acardnal said Jesus (and the New Testament) spoke many, many, ma...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 14 March 2010
From The Anglo-Catholic.
The document can be viewed here. The letter was read in ACCC churches across Canada the country.
Read the rest there.
Thank you Pope Benedict, Pope of Christian Unity.
I suspect that in most places where sand replaces holy water in the stoups, the priests probably don’t hear confessions during Holy Week or the Triduum.
It happens every year despite the fact the the Holy See has made it … Continue reading
You know that the MSM is clicking and smacking their spittle-flecked chops at the chance to bite at the Pope.
The Times and the NYT and AP are good examples of twisted coverage which aims at guiding the reader to their … Continue reading
The nickname Laetare originated from the first word of the Introit chant for the today’s Mass, “Rejoice!”
On Laetare Sunday there is a slight relaxation of Lent’s penitential spirit, because today we have a glimpse of the joy that … Continue reading
We have been following the controversy in Boulder, CO where a homosexual activst lesbian "couple" attempted to force a child (sadly) in their care into a Catholic school knowing that the Archdiocese had a policy not to accept such children.
The … Continue reading
There was recently story on CNA about the "ideal" length of a Sunday sermon/homily.
First, the person who proposed in a book that "8 minutes" is the Secretary for the Cong. for Bishops, Archbishop Nikola Eterovic.
Second, while the Archbishop … Continue reading
Sister Carol Keehan, the uber-compensated (over $850K a year) President of the Catholic Health Association, broke with the USCCB and Pro Life groups and announced the CHA’s support of the pro-abortion Senate health care bill.
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) — … Continue reading
I have a guest for the weekend and so I made something a bigger more expansive than I would were I on my own.
Three large pork chops were delivered by the aforementioned guest, along with sauerkraut… as Dr. Maturin … Continue reading
During Lent, I have been including the Oratio super populum now restored in the 2002MR. The priest says this, or will when he uses Latin, after the Post communio. It should be in a future English translation.
ORATIO SUPER POPULUM … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has on his site today an English text of an interview with Msgr. Charles Scicluna, an official of the CDF, who handles the cases of priests who commit graviora delicta against minors.
Let’s have a … Continue reading