Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- SPWang said Opps *worth more focus
- SPWang said It can’t be! Is that the one and only Tony P...
- jacobi said Personally, in such a situation, I think I would b...
- Imrahil said He even said ” I can keep you here all day if I wa...
- Josemaria said Venerator, Thank you!
- robtbrown said I agree with FrJim4321 that Chaput will not go to...
- Joe in Canada said Phil_NL: don’t worry about anything Prof. S...
- LeeF said As a long time supporter of Food for the Poor, and...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, certainly! Must be a language issu...
- robtbrown said frjim4321 says: Francis? I don’t understand...
- Dutchman said Ok,so what do you do if the offender is the pastor...
- Scott W. said While out of town we attended a Redemptorist ____....
- benedetta said So…back to contemplating Cardinal Burke home...
- benedetta said People here frequently disagree with one another a...
- Gaz said Kyrie is right. I believe it’s the only alta...
- Martlet said Yes please, people. Do support the military archd...
- Gaz said BYO Deacons?
- StWinefride said Ste Thérèse de Lisieux, please pray for Fr Jim and...
- Lori Pieper said “speaking truth to power does not make a wom...
- Lori Pieper said I really love Fr. Barron, but I don’t know i...
- Good deeds for the FFI | P R A Y 4 T H E F R I A R S said [...] ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Ar...
- Rhyming With “Cretino” | Mundabor's Blog said [...] More and more worried with out-Francising Fr...
- Hank Igitur said That altar cannot be moved without a crane, solid...
- KG said What is the problem with the Chadwick translation?...
- oldcanon2257 said frjim4321 says: I can’t imagine the provincial pr...
- Convert Journal – 7 Quick Takes Friday (set #148) said [...] Have you seen women wearing a veil at Mass a...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said The man who served on my doctoral committee in the...
- Will Elliott said Fr. Jim, if I were a betting man, I’d put my...
- kylie said I don’t think the table altar is the moving...
- americangirl said I too was one who hoped and prayed Cardinal Burke...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 16 March 2010
I just read something on a liberal website, sent by a reader itching that I comment.
It was unspeakably hateful about the Church and about the Holy Father.
Forgiveness for the haters.
Forgiveness for the failings of all professed Catholics.
Consolation for the … Continue reading
I received a note or two today suggesting that a cable company axed EWTN.
Anyone having a hard time getting it?
While working on a project, I had occasion to use a good little book published by Sophia Institute Press.
I understand that this small publishing concern is having some problems keeping its activity going.
Would you take a moment and go to … Continue reading
There are signs of spring at the feeder.
First, I have seen a Robin. No photos yet.
Also, the Goldfinches are beginning to molt and change, at least in the case of the males, to their brighter yellow.
The Nuthatches are spending less … Continue reading
The dust up in Boulder, CO, where a lesbian "couple" has tried to force a child into a Catholic school, despite the terrible strain that could put on the child in time to come, has produced some of the sloppiest … Continue reading
Those of you who are looking for something worthy to do during the summer you might check these programs sponsored by Wyoming Catholic College:
1. A Catholic Rendezvous on The Way of the Family is a seminar retreat for couples of … Continue reading
I had a conversation with someone who quipped "I hear the Catholic bishops are supporting the [health care] bill."
No. The Catholic bishops are not supporting the Senate health care bill.
They are opposed to the bill because of the issue of … Continue reading
There is now a site for the Papal Visit to the UK.
I am sure you will be as pleased as I am that His Holiness is going to Beatify Ven. John Henry Newman during his visit to England.
From the … Continue reading