- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said For our daily bread. We’ve been praying to t...
- Supertradmum said For my continued housing need which is only tempor...
- Bridget said May Almighty God assist our family of 7 secure hou...
- Grumpy Beggar said As much as I admire Blessed John Henry NewmanR...
- jameeka said Sometimes we “must be cruel to be kind”...
- TNCath said For my dear girls who have rejected or left the Fa...
- Spade said My dad’s having heart surgery on Wednesday,...
- Giuseppe said This passage from Elgar’s, The Dream of Gero...
- vandalia said @catholicservant The issue is that once someone is...
- stephen c said The Pillar of the Cloud sounds like a good book...
- iPadre said I gave three points for dealing with the same-sex...
- Philippa Martyr said I’ve just finished volume 1 of Meriol Trevor...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “We are reading the poetry of John Henry New...
- Denis Crnkovic said Indeed, will someone post what this literary group...
- robtbrown said Daniel W says: robtbrown and vincents: St More had...
- Erik Bootsma said Read from the pulpit in every parish of the dioces...
- OlderCatholic said Perhaps Catholics who support same sex civil marri...
- LarryW2LJ said Once again, our young “on fire” priest...
- Clinton R. said The priest at my parish gave a rousing homily on h...
- Geometricus said Fr. Bauknecht FSSP riffed (in a rather Father Z-li...
- MrsMacD said Sermon on how Our Lord’s feeding the 5000 wa...
- Del said Sermon for “Independence Day weekend”:...
- ck said I have a story that relates to this. My parents ma...
- Uxixu said Canon 915 should apply well before Excommunication...
- JabbaPapa said is it possible the marriages are in fact null beca...
- Boots said The sermon at the Cathedral of St. Francis de Sale...
- Imrahil said Ah yes. I cannot pretend I’m neutral in the...
- So-Called Same-Sex Marriage, Religious Freedom - Big Pulpit said […] Replaces the ‘Laws of Nature’...
- benedetta said Our erudite homilist spoke of the need to get out...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “This may be more of a canon law question (a...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: reading edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 6th Sunday after Pentecost – zeal and mercy
- ASK FATHER: Priest who baptizes any baby brought to him
- ASK FATHER: Same-sex confusion, false understanding of marriage, and nullity
- Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- CQ CQ CQ – Ham Radio Saturday – UPDATED – Echolink use
- WDTPRS 14th Ordinary Sunday – from dust to freedom
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 March 2010
I just read something on a liberal website, sent by a reader itching that I comment.
It was unspeakably hateful about the Church and about the Holy Father.
Forgiveness for the haters.
Forgiveness for the failings of all professed Catholics.
Consolation for the … Continue reading
I received a note or two today suggesting that a cable company axed EWTN.
Anyone having a hard time getting it?
While working on a project, I had occasion to use a good little book published by Sophia Institute Press.
I understand that this small publishing concern is having some problems keeping its activity going.
Would you take a moment and go to … Continue reading
There are signs of spring at the feeder.
First, I have seen a Robin. No photos yet.
Also, the Goldfinches are beginning to molt and change, at least in the case of the males, to their brighter yellow.
The Nuthatches are spending less … Continue reading
The dust up in Boulder, CO, where a lesbian "couple" has tried to force a child into a Catholic school, despite the terrible strain that could put on the child in time to come, has produced some of the sloppiest … Continue reading
Those of you who are looking for something worthy to do during the summer you might check these programs sponsored by Wyoming Catholic College:
1. A Catholic Rendezvous on The Way of the Family is a seminar retreat for couples of … Continue reading
I had a conversation with someone who quipped "I hear the Catholic bishops are supporting the [health care] bill."
No. The Catholic bishops are not supporting the Senate health care bill.
They are opposed to the bill because of the issue of … Continue reading
There is now a site for the Papal Visit to the UK.
I am sure you will be as pleased as I am that His Holiness is going to Beatify Ven. John Henry Newman during his visit to England.
From the … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has a good piece on what is going on with the Legionaries of Christ. A strong stomach is required.
You can read it there.