Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Grumpy Beggar said Bruce Caitlyn is a tough puzzle to figure out. ...
- q7swallows said As a friend of mine pointed out: since every one...
- Riddley said Done! What does it say about me that when I want t...
- cdet1997 said Seems like a good thread to post this pic of the s...
- robtbrown said From what I’ve seen of Kardinal Marx and Leh...
- robtbrown said discens says (not rationally), Your second respons...
- otsowalo said How about Cardinal Robert Sarah? http://www.cathol...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you! I was just wondering again, ‘When...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The friend and his “partner” are ident...
- Philippa Martyr said But what about Bruvver Eccles and the Anglican Chu...
- Elizabeth D said Fr Z, your real car beats this simply by not being...
- Philippa Martyr said Fr Jim, your example is completely different. For...
- Lin said So sad! And so many in the media applauding his a...
- Venerator Sti Lot said A really enjoyable little book for anyone who can...
- Veritatis Splendor said St. Thomas Aquinas agrees with discens. The unnat...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I had hoped that the comments would have a little...
- discens said Why does artificial contraception (or contraceptio...
- juergensen said The Rev. Franklin Graham (Protestant) is just now...
- discens said PS. When I ask in my last sentence what mistake I...
- discens said This discussion is proving very interesting and go...
- Kathleen10 said Teenagers and goofy young adults will experiment w...
- Suburbanbanshee said Our priest preached about heresy, and how people g...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the old manuals say that sodomy includes...
- Suburbanbanshee said Congratulations! Contrafactum is a very old tradit...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the pigs are roasted before the parade,...
- Suburbanbanshee said In this case, “witches” are witch effi...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1) Even progressive people admit that the cover is...
- Suburbanbanshee said If civilization collapses, we go back to using pot...
- Uxixu said Sodomy is one of the sins that cries to Heaven for...
- Fr_Sotelo said In present immigration law, even a heterosexual co...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ACTION ITEM! Help a reader, an aspiring monk!
- Madison, WI – Thurs 4 June – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- 2 June 1865: America Civil War officially ended (and more)
- ASK FATHER: Can friends of same sex “marry” to avoid deportation?
- BUGATTI UPDATE!
- Vanity Fair and the Synod
- If you are a little bored someday
- ASK FATHER: When does Paschaltide end?
- Fathers! A serious warning!
- June and You
- Your Good News
- Congratulations Newly Ordained Fr. Tim Ferguson!
- The upcoming “environment” encyclical, “human ecology”, and the everlasting pains of Hell
- An angry Fr. Z’s Trinity Sunday with help from Fr. Rutler
- A Trinity Sunday question for readers
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- My View For Awhile: Shore to Shore Edition
- Of Disasters, Preparedness and You
- Conspicuous absence from the recent “shadow council”
- Juventutem member gives Latin oration at Harvard
- My View For While: Yooper Edition
- Another bishop thinks Catholic teachers should be role models
- Christological well… not quite… Edulcorated Goldfinch Alert!
- ASK FATHER: Father wears the chasuble for everything he does
- Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane – wonderful things happening!
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Of snakes and Ireland
- Ireland… What is Ireland?
- Sign up for ‘Summorum Pontificum’ Pilgrimage to Rome with Fr. Z (19-29 October)
- IMPORTANT: Closed pre-Synod planning session held, “shadow council”
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 16 March 2010
I just read something on a liberal website, sent by a reader itching that I comment.
It was unspeakably hateful about the Church and about the Holy Father.
Forgiveness for the haters.
Forgiveness for the failings of all professed Catholics.
Consolation for the … Continue reading
I received a note or two today suggesting that a cable company axed EWTN.
Anyone having a hard time getting it?
While working on a project, I had occasion to use a good little book published by Sophia Institute Press.
I understand that this small publishing concern is having some problems keeping its activity going.
Would you take a moment and go to … Continue reading
There are signs of spring at the feeder.
First, I have seen a Robin. No photos yet.
Also, the Goldfinches are beginning to molt and change, at least in the case of the males, to their brighter yellow.
The Nuthatches are spending less … Continue reading
The dust up in Boulder, CO, where a lesbian "couple" has tried to force a child into a Catholic school, despite the terrible strain that could put on the child in time to come, has produced some of the sloppiest … Continue reading
Those of you who are looking for something worthy to do during the summer you might check these programs sponsored by Wyoming Catholic College:
1. A Catholic Rendezvous on The Way of the Family is a seminar retreat for couples of … Continue reading
I had a conversation with someone who quipped "I hear the Catholic bishops are supporting the [health care] bill."
No. The Catholic bishops are not supporting the Senate health care bill.
They are opposed to the bill because of the issue of … Continue reading
There is now a site for the Papal Visit to the UK.
I am sure you will be as pleased as I am that His Holiness is going to Beatify Ven. John Henry Newman during his visit to England.
From the … Continue reading
Sandro Magister has a good piece on what is going on with the Legionaries of Christ. A strong stomach is required.
You can read it there.