Epiphany shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- bbmoe said I once knew a Ms. Chapin. She recited the reading...
- Sword40 said As others have said “thank you, Fr. Zuhlsdor...
- Kathleen10 said Businesses have become more aware that by avoiding...
- St Donatus said I remember this kind of thing from my teen years (...
- poohbear said sad, but true
- Someone please be the Garrigue said An Ordinariate for Lutherans would be an excellent...
- Iacobus M said The only way that this story could be better is if...
- Iacobus M said Ouch! It’s sad that this is so funny.
- Theodore said - For my youngest daughter who was involved in a t...
- Elizabeth M said To add to their misunderstanding of the entire thi...
- Joseph-Mary said Oh, with the 3 priests at our rectory gone, we had...
- Joseph-Mary said The “inclusive, welcoming’ Episcopal &...
- Reverse Wreckovation in Los Angeles - BigPulpit.com said […] Religious – Edward Pentin In Showd...
- Relief Carving of Saint Vincent de Paul - BigPulpit.com said […] Fr. Z’s Blog In Defense of the Imm...
- Bob Glassmeyer said This is exactly how it is on Sunday. On the Fourth...
- Patti Day said Sid Cundiff in NC says: I also think the offer of...
- Baritone said I can appreciate the humor in this, having experie...
- Geoffrey said In such a hypothetical situation, would the indivi...
- MaryW said Through the plug-in on the post using an iPad. W...
- (X)MCCLXIII said Wife’s consent not needed, eh? So there̵...
- rodin said This is so good maybe you could post it every year...
- Baritone said “AND a happy new year!” — Scroog
- Frank H said It did seem to me, as I patronized various retail...
- Sieber said Since we are playing with theory: Could not a marr...
- Parenting Tips for Dads at Christmas - Catholic Living said […] Through the media, especially cinema, TV...
- marthawrites said I just made photocopies of a cartoon, The Duplex b...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said The priest at our Christmas Day EF Mass told us th...
- Mike said Good. While we shouldn’t be offensive/rude t...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said This report has another aspect. The Ecumenial Mov...
- Elizabeth D said This is some of the worst of protestantism, emphas...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- You’ve gotta hand it to SNL this time. VIDEO
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- The nonsense is coming to an end.
- KC, MO: anti-Catholic atrocity scheduled before Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- WDTPRS: Holy Family – children first learn who God is by knowing their parents
- ASK FATHER: Who can be elected Pope?
- CHRISTMASCAzT 27: Do you recognize the voice of your Lord?
- Your Christmas Sermon Notes
- CHRISTMASCAzT 26: O admirable exchange!
- Merry Christmas!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- “The sobs of that appalling infancy cleanse me, those tears wash away my sins.”
- Fanon of Christmas Past
- How to make your parish more self-centered!
- ADVENTCAzT 25: “If there is a child in your midst…”
- ASK FATHER: Signs of reverence for priests
- ADVENTCAzT 24: Becoming Christian means leaving behind what everyone else thinks and wants
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: What am I supposed to do during Mass?
- Pope Francis greets Curia for Christmas, and rips them to shreds
- ADVENTCAzT 23: The sunrise of history, the mystery of God’s providence
- Just Too Cool: Polyphonic sacred music earlier than previously thought!
- ASK FATHER: Pyxes left in the choir loft after Communion
- NYC cops assassinated. Remarks and prayers.
- I read Mass this morning. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thursday Night Football Saturday. Hey! Wait a minute!
- ADVENTCAzT 22: Isaiah, John and Mary
- It’s. Another. Religion.
- ADVENTCAzT 21: The state of mortal sin
- A breakthrough!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 17 March 2010
UPDATE 18 March 12:52 GMT:
A reader sent this:
I read that the AFP communique was disinformation and that the man was shouting against pro-choice groups.
Pray for the Pope.
He will be more and more under attack of every kind.
From the … Continue reading
I have started another Twitter feed:
I will use this new one to follow a great many more people.
Also, sign up with the Google thingy on the left side bar. I am closing on 400. Let’s put it out … Continue reading
What a moving formulary for Holy Mass in the older form today.
I am not usually the emotional type when saying Mass. I really wish that "priestcraft" wasn’t a negative word, because I think priests should firstly attend to their business … Continue reading
As I was listening to the news tonight, I tuned into hear Fox News White House correspondent Major Barrett in front of the White House.
As he spoke there was a Cardinal singing unmistakably, brazenly, unselfconsciously, in the background.
25 "Therefore … Continue reading
Passiontide is around the corner.
How are you doing with your Lent?
Your voting is entirely anonymous and, to my knowledge, cannot be traced by me or followed back.
Feel free to describe your experience, share or add tips, and give each other … Continue reading
I received a note from a friend of many years in Rome.
I don’t know how many times have I called them to alert them to unbelievable errors in their transcripts and translations, to no avail, despite their reassurances after having … Continue reading
The current Enchiridion Indulgentiarum #19 attaches an partial indulgence to the following prayer in honor of St. Joseph.
This will also be our Holy Father’s name day. Pray for him.
Other prayers in honor of St. Joseph also gain a partial indulgence. … Continue reading
From a reader:
Friday is the Solemnity of St. Joseph. I know that according to canon law, solemnities take precedence over any day of penance, at least in ordinary time. Are we still bound to abstinence from meat on March 19? … Continue reading
We have seen in the MSM some dreadul stories trying to lead readers to think the worst about the Pope without any real evidence. Insinuation at its worst, for it concerns not just a person, but a sacred person.
Here is … Continue reading
From VIS (in my translation):
Communiqué of the Press Office of the Holy See:
International Commission for inquiry about Medjugorje
An international Commission for inquiry on Medjugorje has been set up at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith under the … Continue reading