You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Ignatius said What smad0142 said. Though we cannot pass judgmen...
- anilwang said onosurf says: “Communion from Greek Orthodox...
- Supertradmum said The 1969 North American Greek Orthodox Theological...
- Cosmos said Why can’t we just admit that we (meaning the...
- smad0142 said As a Ukrainian Catholic I have always struggled wi...
- Geoffrey said “The question is: Will they be in the AAS?...
- wmeyer said The refusal to believe in God is objectively a mor...
- Supertradmum said The CCC is useful here. See the section on merit a...
- acardnal said Seems to me that the Pope was talking about redemp...
- Suburbanbanshee said 1. It’s not about Greek Catholics, aka Byzan...
- Br. Gabriel, OP said Yes. Please don’t confuse all Dominican with...
- Jeannie_C said Perhaps Patricius was not referring to the Orthodo...
- Magash said I surely agree that the Church would benefit great...
- sirlouis said From the incomplete reports I have read, timothypu...
- jonh303 said This really is unfortunate how the media is report...
- Fr AJ said Patricius, you may be surprised to learn that the...
- akp1 said I have read that you must ask permission to receiv...
- Cantor said Given that it is permitted by Rome for you to rece...
- robtbrown said Two points: 1. IMHO, no one can be saved withou...
- Choirmaster said Wow! I was mistaken. I thought that the Greek Cath...
- Suburbanbanshee said Get Religion has a good story on young French Cath...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, Thank you for adding a ‘fervorino...
- onosurf said Communion from Greek Orthodox schismatics, ok. Com...
- AJS said Patricius, As an Eastern Catholic I find that incr...
- ronconte said Can atheists, who know about the Catholic Christia...
- timothyputnam said Fr. Z, I agree that I would prefer to either have...
- PatriciusOenus said What about the prohibition on praying with heretic...
- Gregg the Obscure said Psalm 8:4-5 “For I will behold thy heavens,...
- A Priest said Three quick points of theological clarification: A...
- anilwang said Fr Martin Fox, I see a few problems with that anal...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Daily Archives: 28 March 2010
Mo Dowd of Hell’s Bible is also never clever.
She did, however, come up with this one all by herself!
Yup, we need a Nope.
A nun who is pope.
Hmmm.. what rhymes with nope… ?
Do you all remember the Holy Father’s words from his sermon at the "inaugural" Mass for his pontificate?
My dear friends – at this moment I can only say: pray for me, that I may learn to love the Lord more … Continue reading
If in following all the other great news about the Church these days you happened to miss this, take some time and have a look at Sandro Magister’s new piece about the Legionaries of Christ.
Legionaries. The "Nomenklatura" That Must Disappear
Name … Continue reading
From a CNA wrap up about the Pope’s sermon for Palm Sunday with my emphases:
During his homily, the Holy Father emphasized that being Christian means “considering the way of Jesus Christ as the just way for being men – as … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading
I thought this was unusual. An ad on an NYC subway car.