You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- JonPatrick said NoraLeeg I was somewhat taken aback that a priest...
- Phil_NL said For all we know there’s more to it than R...
- boxerpaws1952 said after reading fox news coverage it is amazing as...
- NoraLee9 said ee, I saw that video too. I am shocked and appall...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said Because a parish priest unreasonably demands to ab...
- NoraLee9 said Every so often, the comments to Father Z’s p...
- Deus Salus Nostra said While I think its appalling that Priests are still...
- CatholicCoffee said Animadversor, I will add you to my rosary intentio...
- av8er said Dang, hit “post” too soon: Poorly cate...
- av8er said My Pastor does NOT like latin nor the EF. There i...
- Athelstan said Hello Sam, Yes, rejected 1998 ICEL translation is...
- mbabc123 said Praise God for the new translation! The old transl...
- dn.philip.mathew said With all due respect to my Catholic friends, I bel...
- benedictgal said Considering that Fr. Ruff was behind this survey,...
- Sam Schmitt said For most of the critics of the new translation, th...
- Animadversor said Please pray for me as I deal with very grave inter...
- Athelstan said gjp, That’s the translation of the collect i...
- Mamma B said “I eagerly await the foundation of the Presi...
- lampada said APX said: I know there’s also an intrinsic conn...
- newyork said The survey seems deficient. First, only 32 of 178...
- Vox Laudis said For the upcoming pastoral re-assignments in our di...
- gjp said http://www.walsingham-church.org/site/Liturgical_N...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The 1973 ICEL example Fr. Z cites seems to be some...
- OrthodoxChick said mamajen, He’s such a cutie!! I love the tie...
- frjim4321 said I was at a very large con-celebrated mass today du...
- gjp said I became an altar boy in 1987 in the diocese of th...
- bookworm said Speaking of being prepared, I recently stumbled ac...
- e.e. said The news showed some cell phone video footage that...
- Fr Martin Fox said Catholic Hokie: The practice you describe–us...
- FXR2 said Father z, When I was an altar boy in the...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 29 March 2010
This is interesting.
This comes from the Catholic Anchor from Anchorage, Alaska.
My emphases and comments.
Setting the record straight in the case of abusive Milwaukee priest Father Lawrence Murphy
Then-presiding judge for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee gives first-person account of church trial
By Fr. … Continue reading
Is it time to talk about a Manhattan Blognic?
Someone suggested perhaps Easter Monday.
Technorati Tags: blognic
I haven’t been able to post about the Feeder, which is nevertheless visible on the Z-CAM.
When I am on the road I will sometimes post about birds from other sources.
For example, here is a fine Christological Goldfinch from Siena via … Continue reading
It occurs to me that coming up in April Catholics in the US (and elsewhere) could have a good way to show support for His Holiness Pope Benedict.
At 1:00 pm on 24 April at the National Shrine of the Immaculate … Continue reading
The blog Osservatore Vaticano reports that Cardinal Hummes of the Congregation of the Clergy has rejected — with unusual speed — the appeal lodged by the Abbe Francis Michel against his sudden dismissal from the curacy of the parish … Continue reading
From the official WDTPRS parodohymnologist, Tim Ferguson, comes insightful gloss prepared a couple years ago about the liturgical abuse so many people see on Holy Thursday.
A Holy Thursday Reflection on “Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree” by Lew Brown, Sam … Continue reading
I approved a whole raft of registrations. Sorry it took me so long. I have been busy.
I didn’t approve all of them, however.
HINT: It helps if you add some note about yourself when you register. And I don’t like initials … Continue reading
From a reader:
If you have time this week, I was hoping you could post something about Seder meals and whether or not they are important for Catholics to have them. It seems that I’m hearing varying responses about it. A … Continue reading
At Holy Innocents in Manhattan there are a few instances of the perfect pew for those who are especially disinclined to a group hug at the "sign of peace".