HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sandy: Sorry, Father! Forgot and used the flaky mouse again!!! Please delete duplicate! Sorry!!!
- Sandy: Sorry, Father! Forgot and used the flaky mouse again!!! Please delete duplicate! Sorry!!!
- Sandy: The whole idea of not turning your back on the Lord is just one reason I cringe at the “sig n of peace̶ 1;. I never turn my back to the altar, where the Jesus is now waiting for us...
- robtbrown: Excuse the delay. I am traveling. 1. There is nothing wrong with using the words form and content in this sense. Form refers to the litugical structure, Content to what it contains. In...
- RLseven: Les Buissonets , “Tho se of us who would prefer to sing the old Church back again aren’t welcome among progressiv ists.̶ 1; But to be fair, those who would prefer versus populum...
- Semper Gumby: “Man y of the great figures of the Old Testament are considered by Holy Church to be saints. 221; Amen. “Gre gg explores what happens when faith and reason drift...
- Les Buissonets: Ah, byzantines teve, you’ re forgetting that ‘pro gress̵ 7;, etymologic ally, means ‘mov ing forward 217;; hence, the only things Father is allowed to...
- byzantinesteve: I’m confused. I thought the whole m.o. of progressiv ism was that with regard to liturgy, anything goes. What should it matter if father decides to change things up a bit?...
- Legisperitus: Bob B.: I think what Bishop Barron was getting at is the fact that Satan is not an “equ al but opposite 8221; force to God, as is presented in some kind of Manichean or...
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g times. A Jesuit is underminin g Transubsta ntiation; another Jesuit states that the devil is a symbol; the Amazon Synod will promote paganism; a “con servati...
- pjsandstrom: Considerin g the question of which way to face during the Eucharisti c Prayer, it is necessary to remember the dialogue at the beginning of the Prayer. “Sur sum Corda̶ 1; and...
- Fr_Sotelo: While visiting a priest friend in Phoenix some years ago, I was introduced to the pastor of the parish, who happened to be “Fr. James Wall” ; at the time. It was a large...
- Charivari Rob: …Fir st, the canard of celebratin g with “back to the people” has been debunked for a long time. At the best, the image is shallow. .. . This topic seems to recur and recur in...
- Cincture: Prayers to your reader and their growing community. Might also inquire at http://www .usedchurc hitems.com / located in Pittsburgh , PA.
- rbbadger: Not long after becoming Catholic, I stumbled across old liturgical books in the University of Utah Library. I am a convert from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (otherw...
- rbbadger: I am a priest of the Diocese of Gallup. We are one of the poorest dioceses in the country, given that we have one of the largest population s of Native Americans of any diocese. To see a...
- MargoRose: Well you know you’ re doing something right when the Fishwrap attacks you. I’m beyond blessed to have a FSSP parish near me and for the two FSSP priests come say the Extrao...
- cpdog: To the tune of “Hon esty” ; by Billy Joel. If you search for Jesuits They’ ;re not too hard to find And for that Pope Pius is to blame But if you look at Holy Writ It might...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for the Patristic Rosary Project. RK3: So, you had a bad experience at the DMV…
- monstrance: My parish priest switched back to ad orientem a few years ago and never looked back – no pun intended. I noticed some parishes are doing both orientatio ns – even with the...
- Mike: Ker’s Bio on Blessed Newman.
- iamlucky13: “For while the rubrics of Mass do allow for options — for legitimate diversity — this doesn̵ 7;t mean that the celebratio n of Mass from one parish to another … should...
- Gaetano: People don’t understand how radically ad orientam Eastern Catholics are. Portions of the Armenian Divine Liturgy are celebrated behind a closed curtain!
- hilltop: Good Father I predict that in decades to come the great cartoon that you occasional ly bring out (as you do here) will require fewer and fewer congregant s in the lower picture 230;
- ChrisP: I for one don’ t want another Clement XIV. He was bullied and harassed by the vicious anti-Catho lic, secular Protestant sentiment of the the and by the corrupt Bourbon leadership ,...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- More on liberal liturgists’ attacks on “ad orientem” worship, bishops and priests who support it
- Fishwrap attacks “ad orientem” worship and the strong trends they fear
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Monthly Archives: April 2010
I ask your prayers for personal intentions.
Fr. Longenecker over at Standing On My Head has an amusing, and useful, entry! Lovers of the TLM might want to read this and pay careful attention during High Masses in the future. A New Solution for the Sign of … Continue reading
A great deal of interest has been expressed in a DVD of the Pontifical Mass celebrated on 24 April in Washington, DC for the anniversary of Pope Benedict’s pontificate. As far as I know, this project is going ahead. The … Continue reading
A few notes before you read the following. First, the bishop in the story below is a friend of mine. We lived together for a year in Rome and I used to give share Mass stipends with him when they … Continue reading
The Orioles are back! First one spotted this morning. I can see these two are going to be in competition for that grape jelly!
I had asked readers for reactions to the Pontifical Mass in the Traditional, Extraordinary Form celebrated in Washington DC for the 5th anniversary of the pontificate of Pope Benedict. Here are some of your responses: I arrived at 11:00 pm, … Continue reading
The oldest living Cardinal, His Eminence Paul Augustine Card. Mayer, OSB, has died at nearly 99 years of age. Card. Mayer had an incredible life of service in the Church. I can make the claim that we were friends. His … Continue reading
US Catholic has a nutty about the Pontifical Mass in Washington DC, but still manages a good question
Over at the liberal US Catholic site a writer named Bryan Cones has a little nutty about the Pontifical Mass in Washington DC. I’ll add some emphases and comments as I read along with you. I predict clichés. A ridiculous … Continue reading
I recommended (HERE) that you who attended the Pontifical Mass on 24 April in Washington DC, or who watched it on TV, send Bishop Slattery of Tulsa, the celebrant, a note of thanks via the combox on the blog of … Continue reading
Remember! If you liked the broadcast of the Pontifical Mass on EWTN, be sure to thank the Paulus Institute. From the Paulus Institute: DVD, Photographs of Pontifical Solemn High Traditional Latin Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine WASHINGTON, … Continue reading
Lest they be missed as they scroll off. The religion of the New York Times, “a hell of a thing” NCR “analysis” of the Pontifical Mass in Washington, DC. Wrong again. The Feeder Feed: new bird! What’s driving the media … Continue reading
Did you see this? From Digitised Manuscripts Blog: Vatican Library to digitise 80,000 manuscripts Monsignor Cesare Pasini, Prefect of the Vatican Library, sent out an "extraordinary" Newsletter 5/2010 on 24 March (see full text as posted by the Evangelical Textual … Continue reading
Long-time readers of WDTPRS have read my constant reference to The New York Times as "Hell’s Bible". Over the top? I don’t think so. I pick up a little support for that nickname from a fascinating column by Kenneth Woodward … Continue reading
The dissenters of National Catholic Reporter have an analysis piece about the Pontifical Mass in Washington DC on 24 Saturday. Included in the body of their piece are some splendid photos. A redeeming point. Let’s have a look with my … Continue reading