Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- excalibur said Working fine.
- PostCatholic said That data also correlates to the suggestion that t...
- Chon said Oops, correction, the article just said Yerby et a...
- The Daily Capybara & a Bit of Legend - BigPulpit.com said [...] S. Benitez Tolerance & Graciousness in t...
- Why Latin Mass Onlyists are Destroying the Latin Mass said [...] balanced and honorable Fr. Z also writes...
- majuscule said Thank you mamajen. You have put it into words much...
- Chon said Just found this …Sorry for the multiple post...
- Chon said Here’s another news source with a tiny bit m...
- Chon said Majuscule…if you click on the link Warren po...
- jameeka said Digress away, Father Z. You have surpassed yoursel...
- Franklinwasright said Thank you Father, I found this post to be very edi...
- PA mom said This is a very moving point he makes. It reminds...
- lsclerkin said Listened from the blog, here. Like cool, fresh wat...
- benedetta said So it’s OK for this guy to quote the leader...
- mamajen said I remember when Pope Francis was first elected, I...
- MaryofSharon said These LENTCAzT are the first Fr. Z podcasts to wh...
- LeeF said I find it very sad that so many faithful Catholics...
- benedetta said I pantaloni!
- benedetta said What to say about that percentage which identifies...
- Ben Kenobi said “There are plenty of people, too many in fac...
- Bosco said The man is both a coward and a quisling. In realit...
- McCall1981 said @Priam1184, Here’s one possible explanation....
- Ben Kenobi said “What could ever happen to reverse such a tr...
- my soul waits for you alone said Listening! Today’s message, blammo! Right be...
- lana said I find this Pope to be very Christ-like. All Pope...
- Priam1184 said I am very dubious about the 22% going to Confessio...
- Mike said My pastor (ordained 1970, God bless him!) now and...
- BLB Oregon said “If they didn’t use Francis as a body-shield...
- Magpie said Thank you McCall1981. Netmilsmom said: ”I ti...
- Lisa Freeman said Our family happened to be in Hawaii last fall when...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
- ASK FATHER: Gelatin during Lent
- What does the TLM mean to you?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 11 April 2010
The Catholic League has weighed in with a full page ad in the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible).
GOING FOR THE VATICAN JUGULAR
Recent accusations against the Vatican deserve a response.
• Fr. Lawrence Murphy apparently began his predatory … Continue reading
A couple things:
In America Magazine, Sean Michael Winters, who is wrong about most things, got something right about the ghastly MSM recent coverage clerical sexual abuse of children. He is a bit late in his examination of the case in … Continue reading
I think we could all use GOOD NEWS!
What is your good news?
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a conversation!
In light of the attacks on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am from Puerto Rico and I want to consult to you something that bothered me a lot on my Parish’s Paschal Virgil. I belong to the San José Parish in Caguas, Puerto Rico; it is a Discalced … Continue reading
AP, which unprofessionally has declared open season on Pope Benedict – engaged in a relentless ad hominem – has a piece which cites as the mainstay non other than Richard McBrien. They drag in a "conservative" for reasons of ballast, … Continue reading
My tarragon is coming along very nicely!
Strong, virtuous tarragon!
I sense Bearnaise sauce in my near future.
Technorati Tags: tarragon
In the traditional calendar of our Holy Roman Catholic Church we find that today is the feast of St. Pope Leo I, "the Great" (+461), a great statesman and spiritual guide, a strong father to his flock, and defender of … Continue reading
In the post-Conciliar calendar this is the “Second Sunday of Easter”. In traditional parlance today is called “Low Sunday” or sometimes “Thomas Sunday” because of the Gospel reading about the doubting Apostle. It is called “Quasimodo Sunday” for the … Continue reading