"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- rosaryarmy said When I was in my early twenties, I briefly discern...
- majuscule said Here’s a resource I’ve probably mentio...
- Laura R. said A particularly grating example of this silliness i...
- Urs said Well, it would be a wonderful if the SSPX were com...
- ts said Timely rant Fr. Z. A personal case-in-point where...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Pat, Thanks for the link! Vincent Cardinal Nichols...
- lucindatcm said Given the mess in the Church, Father, the rosary i...
- Bea said PS I have included you and other certain priests i...
- Bea said Thank you Father, for your exhortation. I have st...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Walter Cardinal Kasper has been the recipient of &...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Meanwhile, at Loyola: http://www.thecollegefix.com...
- Absit invidia said SSPX’ers are considered the “intellect...
- The Cobbler said I’ve seen a fan-shaped Church that was unfor...
- Frank H said I hear that particular alteration every time I vis...
- acardnal said Jesus called God “Father.” He taught...
- The Cobbler said Fun fact: I can tell from which other programmers...
- Pat said 2014/15 campaign will be at the diocesan level, se...
- trespinos said [How I have missed you.] Davvero! That comment put...
- KingofCharity said Yeah, the problem with Pope Francis’ open in...
- KatieL56 said In the near future as the snows lock onto the tund...
- The Cobbler said It’s people like this who give “realis...
- Landless Laborer said Okay, you guys got me, a have to agree with you....
- RJHighland said I don’t know after what I saw go on at the S...
- SPWang said I think Fr. Withoos is a fine replacement. Tell hi...
- ssoldie said “it must be observed, however, that if the f...
- marcelus said Grumpy Beggar says: 24 October 2014 at 1:57 am ...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said ALL: I deleted some weird speculation comments tha...
- jhayes said Source for the quote in my last post: http://lapo...
- jhayes said It seems to me that the critical statement is that...
- Kathleen10 said Some bones are going to come our way. It wouldn&...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- What Archbp. Chaput really said about the Synod
- Bishop calls England to conversion to Christ. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: “God’s Holy Church” not “His” – inclusive language
- Rome – Day 4: No Show Edition
- Large gesture of openness toward SSPX!
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI sent text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 11 April 2010
The Catholic League has weighed in with a full page ad in the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible).
GOING FOR THE VATICAN JUGULAR
Recent accusations against the Vatican deserve a response.
• Fr. Lawrence Murphy apparently began his predatory … Continue reading
A couple things:
In America Magazine, Sean Michael Winters, who is wrong about most things, got something right about the ghastly MSM recent coverage clerical sexual abuse of children. He is a bit late in his examination of the case in … Continue reading
I think we could all use GOOD NEWS!
What is your good news?
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a conversation!
In light of the attacks on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am from Puerto Rico and I want to consult to you something that bothered me a lot on my Parish’s Paschal Virgil. I belong to the San José Parish in Caguas, Puerto Rico; it is a Discalced … Continue reading
AP, which unprofessionally has declared open season on Pope Benedict – engaged in a relentless ad hominem – has a piece which cites as the mainstay non other than Richard McBrien. They drag in a "conservative" for reasons of ballast, … Continue reading
My tarragon is coming along very nicely!
Strong, virtuous tarragon!
I sense Bearnaise sauce in my near future.
In the traditional calendar of our Holy Roman Catholic Church we find that today is the feast of St. Pope Leo I, "the Great" (+461), a great statesman and spiritual guide, a strong father to his flock, and defender of … Continue reading
In the post-Conciliar calendar this is the “Second Sunday of Easter”. In traditional parlance today is called “Low Sunday” or sometimes “Thomas Sunday” because of the Gospel reading about the doubting Apostle. It is called “Quasimodo Sunday” for the … Continue reading