Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- MikeM said Their K-Cups are good. I gave away my Keurig mach...
- Patti Day said Giuseppi: Lucifer and his followers made their one...
- Mike said spock says: . . . I cited my inability to quickly...
- Sconnius said You may need facebook to see this, but it’s...
- Sconnius said Father, should you happen to have Netflix, “...
- Patti Day said This is as much as I have heard about this sordid...
- Elizabeth D said another movie about Catholics sheltering Jewish pe...
- Elizabeth D said I hope you put a review of “Amen” on A...
- iPadre said I have used the exorcism for places. Most times th...
- Thorfinn said At least there were no obviously Satanic acts repo...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Episcopus verus, et pater omnibus.
- acricketchirps said Susan Peterson, Pride is a snake of the worst sort...
- Dcn D said Kasper is proclaiming a different Gospel. “I...
- RAve said This is very sad. The cardinal is teaching gross a...
- robtbrown said My guess is that there a few things in play here:...
- av8er said Just to clarify, He isn’t present because ...
- av8er said I would add this to all. What would you do if Chr...
- John said For my morning prayers, I always say the Guardian...
- Siculum said Hey, Sonshine. Thanks, the priest I know with a *...
- AnAmericanMother said I can’t remember who said that angels say, &...
- mburduck said I, too, must endorse Rychlak’s fine book. Fu...
- Giuseppe said “Provided that it falls within God’s will, f...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Fr. Z, with respect to proofreading, commented, ...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Joe of St Thérèse said: “I’d much rather the...
- The Family Synod and Practical Atheism : Oriens said [...] Burke’s article on the integrity of marriage...
- Sonshine135 said Your article is timely Father. I was contemplating...
- Siculum said In these times, where fighting the good fight for...
- pberginjr said I haven’t read McCullough, but rather enjoye...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said May I also recommend Ralph McInerny’s book c...
- Sonshine135 said Sorry Father. The Pope has spoken, and you should...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Thanks to and Mass for benefactors
- OK CITY: Archbp. Coakley exorcised Civil Center after evil event
- More from ISIS and the Religion of Peace
- From whom demons withdraw in terror and pain
- What Fr. Z is watching and reading
- Posting comments here
- I still want that Veyron, but this was pretty spiffy.
- Of Latin oddities
- Pre-Order until 7 October 25% off – Book in defense of marriage, tradition
- I am not making up this coffee flavor!
- Scratching my head about the bishop in Paraguay
- Kneeless in Seattle
- FOLLOW UP: Good news on the Spanish Front! – Spanish TLMs in D. Raleigh a success!
- ¡Hagan lío! Taking HIM to the streets!
- Card. Kasper gives YET ANOTHER interview to America Magazine and an Argentinian daily
- Related issues?
- ASK FATHER: Biretta woes! Wherein Fr. Z offers wisdom.
- Dr. Peters on Sr. Walsh’s piece in America Magazine
- Nuns on the Bus: check out their ride!
- ATTENTION MEN: Pluscarden Abbey Monastic Experience Weekend
- The Feast of Angels
- OLDIE ASK FATHER: Eastern Subdeacon for Roman Solemn Mass? A Clerical Bedtime Story.
- Help the Transalpine Redemptorists!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: CQ CQ CQ … QSL?
- Bp. Conry (D. Arundel & Brighton) suddenly resigned. Fr. Z muses.
- Pondering Francis
- Malicious email from nefarious ne’er-do-wells
- Why “oikonomia” isn’t a solution for divorced and civilly remarried.
- WDTPRS 26th Ordinary Sunday – The Bowels of Mercy
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 11 April 2010
The Catholic League has weighed in with a full page ad in the New York Times (aka Hell’s Bible).
GOING FOR THE VATICAN JUGULAR
Recent accusations against the Vatican deserve a response.
• Fr. Lawrence Murphy apparently began his predatory … Continue reading
A couple things:
In America Magazine, Sean Michael Winters, who is wrong about most things, got something right about the ghastly MSM recent coverage clerical sexual abuse of children. He is a bit late in his examination of the case in … Continue reading
I think we could all use GOOD NEWS!
What is your good news?
REQUEST: If you have ordered or received some of these buttons or mugs, etc., could you send photos? Also, send a note if any of these has started or helped a conversation!
In light of the attacks on … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am from Puerto Rico and I want to consult to you something that bothered me a lot on my Parish’s Paschal Virgil. I belong to the San José Parish in Caguas, Puerto Rico; it is a Discalced … Continue reading
AP, which unprofessionally has declared open season on Pope Benedict – engaged in a relentless ad hominem – has a piece which cites as the mainstay non other than Richard McBrien. They drag in a "conservative" for reasons of ballast, … Continue reading
My tarragon is coming along very nicely!
Strong, virtuous tarragon!
I sense Bearnaise sauce in my near future.
In the traditional calendar of our Holy Roman Catholic Church we find that today is the feast of St. Pope Leo I, "the Great" (+461), a great statesman and spiritual guide, a strong father to his flock, and defender of … Continue reading
In the post-Conciliar calendar this is the “Second Sunday of Easter”. In traditional parlance today is called “Low Sunday” or sometimes “Thomas Sunday” because of the Gospel reading about the doubting Apostle. It is called “Quasimodo Sunday” for the … Continue reading