When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- Latin Mass Type said You know, the picture at the top of this post remi...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said That was tremendously eloquent and spot on, Dennis...
- Woody79 said Well I suspect that Timothy McVeigh may have been...
- Elizabeth D said This is a very depressing comment thread. I wish I...
- Gerard Plourde said Dear iamlucky13, I agree completely. There is no w...
- Dennis Martin said Kathleen10 No president can change the trajectory....
- Denis Crnkovic said Here is the “uniencoded” version. Tha...
- Dennis Martin said Boniface, You should read up on the cases in Orego...
- acricketchirps said Fr. Jim?
- mburn16 said “Now is the time for the Church to get out o...
- Kathleen10 said In the US anyway, I wonder what the election of a...
- Andrew said Marc M and Boniface: As you could see from comment...
- Muv said Seeing “yow” written always makes me l...
- Boniface said Pardon me if this is ignorant, but why must cake m...
- Imrahil said It is/was irrelevant in their struggle for a “work...
- Supertradmum said Hey, what about all the Big Companies which do bus...
- iPadre said Now is the time for the Church to get out of the m...
- JohnE said I work for one of the 379 companies (HP) that arro...
- Marc M said Not to be contrary–because I see the writing...
- THREEHEARTS said Of course it was only Fr John Hardon who blessed m...
- Latin Mass Type said Here in the Diocese of San Francisco there appears...
- Fr. Cole said I have frequent phone interaction with Missionarie...
- Stephen Matthew said Militans, You are correct about the theoretical di...
- Supertradmum said Rue is a dangerous plant which must be used by an...
- Supertradmum said Starting in 2011, I was documenting on my blog the...
- Raymond said The old, “hard” Left of the Marxist-Le...
- jacobi said You are right Father. Persecution is coming. It w...
- Shane said ‘Gay rights’ activists believe in tole...
- ocalatrad said What a scary situation, and I fear deeply for my t...
- mburn16 said some decades from now, this generation will stand...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Tolerance is over
- Foot washing on Holy Thursday. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Spem in allium
- Whan That Aprille Day 2015
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday of Holy Week – UPDATED
- ASK FATHER: Priest’s blessings by telephone
- ASK FATHER: Mini homilies at the beginning of Mass
- ASK FATHER: Communion twice on Good Friday?
- Just Too Cool: Time Lapse video of decorating a church for Easter
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “among so many adversities”
- ASK FATHER: Confessor interrupted and I didn’t get to confess everything
- Lying about Card. Burke
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday of Holy Week
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 12 April 2010
Sometimes I get tired enough that I would almost be willing to pay someone to read my office to me so that I don’t have to read more words.
Anyway… I just turned on the mic and read, since I had … Continue reading
Lest you miss them…But first…
“Pray for the Pope” store – buttons and other stuff
Omnibus omnia factus sum
QUAERITUR: good commentary on Sacrosanctum … Continue reading
This is how I felt getting up today and thinking about the news I would read.
An editorial cartoon… Michael Ramirez!
From a reader:
I thought perhaps you could use an anecdote today. I have my 8th grade students researching a project on whether the priest should face "ad populum" or "ad orientem." With this I posted a few articles from WDTPRS … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am currently taking an Intro to Liturgy course for my MA in Theology program. I am not entirely sure that what is being taught is orthodox. The professor certainly seems to have a liberal bend. We recently … Continue reading
The Holy Spirit probably does not choose Popes. As Joseph Ratzinger explained before his own election, the Holy Spirit guides the choice of a Pope, or a Council for that matter, so that we don’t inflict irreparable damage on ourselves.
… Continue reading
Preface: I urge priests and bishops reading this to at the very least skip to the last part if you think you don’t have time to read the whole.
George Weigel has a piece in First Things which merits a reading.
I … Continue reading
We’ve all seen that for weeks now, and especially during Holy Week, Catholics have been subjected by the secular and liberal catholic media to yet another onslaught of old stories about the Catholic Church and clerical sexual abuse.
Once … Continue reading