HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- grateful: That chapter needed sharing. Thanks Father Z.
- TonyO: It is my esteem for what I know the Society has been and could be that pushes me to pick on you. But you guys have to start policing your own. Otherwise, more and more people will be praying...
- veritas vincit: This heresy needs to be rooted out of the Society of Jesus before it effectivel y destroys it. I seem to recall St John Paul II taking action against the Jesuits, removing their...
- RLseven: “ 230;We should take the devil with requisite seriousnes s, but we shouldn’t give this finally uninterest ing and pathetic creature too much attention. ” Barron I do think there...
- tho: We have been living in troubled times ever since The Spirit of VII became the mantra of our prelates. It seems as if the religious liberal are trying to destroy our church, while the politi...
- jameeka: Father Z: you got me reading this book on my laptop, a story or two per night. It’s wonderful story-tell ing, and I read that one 2 nights ago. Frightenin g! Do priests still say the...
- Chris in Maryland 2: Ipadre – I am laughing out loud at that one! Thank you!
- Bthompson: Oops. Commented on the wrong thread. Oh well.
- Bthompson: Words like infantiliz ation come to mind… ;
- RK3: “The present happiness of the ungodly is exactly the same – it lasts for a day or two and then vanishes into nothing. 8221; He could add that “the present happiness of the...
- OldProfK: It is beyond my understand ing how these men arrogate to themselves the authority to change what the Church teaches.
- Benedict Joseph: The Society is rabid and off the leash. They have been for far too long. It is beyond my understand ing why those faithful members among them persist in their alliance with a group...
- Gaetano: So the enemies of the Christian are the World, the Flesh, and a “symbolic reality” that “exists as the personific ation of evil in different structures .”
- Bob B.: “Satan is not the “dark side” that faces the light of God in a terrible cosmic struggle. He is a fallen creature whom God allows, for God’s own inscrutabl e purposes, to work woe in the...
- Les Buissonets: My profession of faith was the same as your last two correspond ents. Sigh. Still, we’r e no less Catholic for that minimalist ic formula, and that’ ;s a comfort. IR...
- iPadre: “The devil, “exists as the personific ation of evil in different structures ” Would one of those structures be the Jesuits? Just asking.
- pbnelson: If the Devil isn’ t a real person how does Reese account for following his orders? I amuse myself with reflection s on how the Spanish Inquisitio n would have dealt with this...
- Dan: This post reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask. Maybe I should have sent it to “Ask Father Z.” maybe it will get answered here. Why do priests, in general, not cross...
- RLseven: maternalVi ew: https://ww w.crs.org/ stories/cr s-responds -false-all egations-a bout-kenya -program https://ww w.crs.org/ stories/cr s-responds -lifesiten ews-articl e-about-di scussin...
- teomatteo: Maybe the Superior General is gunning to be the Vatican 217;s official ‘sym bologist 8217;.
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I guess, if the devil is a symbol of evil, then God must just be the symbol of good.
- Father G: There is film footage of the incorrupt body of Saint Charbel Makhl?f being removed from his coffin when the tomb was opened in 1950. His body is almost skeletal and there is no hair on...
- HighMass: And just think these items were used before Paul VI and Bugnini! Then they were tossed, thankfully they are being found and used again! Praise God!
- maternalView: So Jesus was tempted in the desert by a symbol, a way of acting evil or the evil present in human life???
- Julian Barkin: One more thing to add: eBay is a treasure trove for EF liturgical items. While quality varies, “gems” can be sought out for personal purchase from numerous sellers. I’ve found a few...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 5th Glorious Mystery: The Coronation of Our Lady
- Instead of a syncretistic Synod (“walking together”) about the Amazon, here’s a better idea.
- The Devil Wears SJ. The Jesuit Superior General: The Devil is a symbol, not a person.
- “He would have fled forever, into the hell of exile from God. But the sight of the vestments overcame him.”
- 22 August: Mary’s Immaculate Heart and Queenship
- ASK FATHER: Getting necessary gear for the Traditional Latin Mass
- PODCAzT 175: Traditional Profession of Faith of Converts
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 20 April 2010
I’m in. I don’t know what it will be yet. But I’m in. Take a look at this entry at The Deacon’s Bench. It was a proposal by a Deacon Charles Rohrbacher. He is suggesting that while bishops say they … Continue reading
Take a look at this: “There are cases of sexual abuse that come to light every day against a large number of members of the Catholic clergy. Unfortunately it’s not a matter of individual cases, but a collective moral crisis … Continue reading
This was from CMR about POTUS and SCOTUS: CNN Poll: 39% of Americans Drunk Right Now Shock poll. A CNN poll released Wednesday indicates that 61 percent of the public expect the president to nominate a liberal to replace John … Continue reading
In my US seminary days, we had to hide going certain places, such as parishes where the priests believed in One God, Creator of heaven and earth, etc. One of my classmates was thrown out because he had a statue … Continue reading
In order to have a clear, effective voice in the world, Catholics need to have a clear understanding of who they are and what they believe. In order to have a strong Catholic identity we must revitalize our Catholic worship. … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this. In Suddeutsche Zeitung the former Vicar-General of the Archdiocese of Munich-Freising under then Archbp. Ratzinger, Msgr. Gerhard Gruber, says that Card. Ratzinger did not, in fact, know about the appointment of "Fr. H" to … Continue reading
I will be in Washington, DC from Friday 23 – 26 Monday April. I am wondering if anyone might be interested in a blognic. There may be some people in town for the Pontifical Mass.
From CNA comes this: Virginia bishops: Budget amendment offers chance to end state-funded abortions Richmond, Va., Apr 20, 2010 / 06:06 am (CNA).- The Virginia Catholic Conference (VCC) [The Catholic bsihops in Virginia] has urged the passage of a proposed … Continue reading
As you read keep in mind that Archbishop Gomez will be taking over in Los Angeles before too long. I add an observation at the end. From CWN with my emphases and comments: Cardinal Mahony compares Arizona immigration bill … Continue reading
This is pretty interesting, especially for someone who once lost his iPhone. From Newser. How a Drunk Engineer Lost the Next iPhoneSweet, sweet German beer responsible for leak (Newser) – How did Gizmodo penetrate Apple’s ironclad security to get … Continue reading
One of the organizers of the FOTA conferences in Ireland sent a prospectus for the upcoming meeting. It is too long to post, but here is a good item: The theme of the conference is: “Benedict XVI and Sacred Music” … Continue reading