Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- rcg said OC, wouldn’t they be missing the larger poin...
- KAS said Not so much about the homily, but finally our pray...
- Mike Morrow said How appropriate that Great Benedict XVI chose the...
- Thorfinn said Invite family, friends, acquaintances to experienc...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Building off the Gospel reading, Father noted that...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Allen S., “Entitled to something in the Chu...
- LeeF said The laity can only do so much, positive or negativ...
- The Cobbler said Father connected the offering of the sacrifice of...
- Grateful to be Catholic said At the Extraordinary Form Mass at Old St. MaryR...
- The Cobbler said Orthodox Chick, I’m pretty sure Fr. Z, writi...
- lsclerkin said Yes, Father. Getting my prepper head around this.....
- Philippa Martyr said I bought and planted my summer supply of basil on...
- Philippa Martyr said Excellent choice of fizz, Father. The best approac...
- Allan S. said Friar Thompson, the difficulty with your proposed...
- CharlesG said Couldn’t a coetus at Blackfen petition the n...
- Central Valley said The only extraordinary form mass offered in Bakers...
- mysticalrose said Thanks for the fervorino, Father. It is much appre...
- mysticalrose said Offer it up! After all, Jesus did.
- ckdexterhaven said Our priest instructed us on the situation in the M...
- Gerard Plourde said Excellent advice, Fr. Z. And it is also excellent...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Perhaps most important in earning the respect and...
- marcelus said correction: Meant: TLM is not known in LA or cele...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said No offensive action ever goes as planned, Father,...
- marcelus said Fr . says: “First, I don’t believe that Pope...
- Matthew Gaul said I am always sorry to heat about things like this....
- Lin said I miss Pope Benedict XVI and pray for him daily....
- catholiccomelately said Thank you, Father Z. We are offering our verbal ...
- benedetta said Well said, Father. A happy anniversary to all and...
- accidentalthomist said Down here in Ave we are blessed to have three prie...
- incredulous said His Excellency Archbishop Wenski was present in ch...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Summorum Pontificum 7 years on. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- “If God exists, He is evil….” Not.
- David Haines, rest in peace. Mass for his intention.
- WDTPRS: Exaltation of the Cross
- Exaltation of the Cross, Summorum Pontifical, Basil Pesto
- 12 Sept 1683: The Battle of Vienna and the Holy Name of Mary
- A bright note! Bp. Vasa confirms morals and faith clauses for Catholic teachers
- Card. McCarrick “embraces” Islam?
- The very definition of cognitive dissonance
- St. Pat’s Parade: homosexuality, yes – pro-life, no
- TEOTWAWKI? Double blast CME heading towards Earth.
- Déjà vu from Card. Kasper and Jesuit-run Amerika Magazine
- The hard truth about marriage, mercy and Eastern “oikonomia”
- ASK FATHER: Will an annulment make a child into a bastard?
- Feasts of Sts. John XXIII and John Paul II now on the Universal Calendar
- ASK FATHER: Doubts about annulment for 1st marriage, guilt about 2nd
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down – Those great strong towers of ice and steel…”
- Music fit for heaven: New CD of William Byrd Masses by Choir of Westminster Cathedral
- “Welcome to Hell! Here’s your ice cream!”
- MANHATTAN: Holy Innocents Church – Reprieve until Spring 2015?
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs at TLM… permitted?
- UK: Parish resuscitated by Extraordinary Form. New Evangelization continues
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- CHART: Correspondence of lectionaries, Ordinary and Extraordinary Form
- 8 Sept: Nativity of Mary
- SPACEHAWKS! PRIMUS ET PRIMORIS
- Some of the mistakes we make in life can’t be fixed.
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 25% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 28 April 2010
From CNA with my emphases:
Pope will make final decision on Legionaries, Vatican spokesman states
Rome, Italy, Apr 28, 2010 / 05:56 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Benedict XVI will make the final decisions regarding the Apostolic Visitation of the Legionaries of Christ, … Continue reading
Want to know what is driving the media rush to attack the Church and Pope Benedict over the clerical abuse crisis.. again?
Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times)
A Frenzied Pace for Lawyer Behind Vatican SuitsBy MONICA DAVEYPublished: April 27, … Continue reading
I had asked readers for reactions to the Pontifical Mass in the Traditional, Extraordinary Form celebrated in Washington DC for the 5th anniversary of the pontificate of Pope Benedict.
Here are some of your responses:
Being 16 years old I had never … Continue reading
I find it fascinating that as new technology develops, we start finding new things in the Shroud of Turin.
As you may know the Shroud of Turin was recently placed on display in Turin, Italy. Here is an interesting … Continue reading
I keep my eye open for nice rosaries, probably because I have a penchant for giving them away.
Years ago I encouraged a member of the old COL Forum on Compuserve to start a rosary making business. Her work was simply … Continue reading
When I was a little kid I used to listen to the shortwave radio tuned to WWV, the National Bureau of Standards time channel. The clock would tick, and then go bong…bong…bong… bong… bong…. I found it fascinating to hear … Continue reading
To the joy of most and the dismay of a few, it looks as if the new ICEL translation has been approved, though it won’t be available for a while yet.
The Vox Clara commission, formed as a liaison between ICEL … Continue reading