- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- rtjl said I don’t see the problem of divorced and R...
- Phil_NL said Paul M., The assumption is, not to put too fine a...
- george said I have been listening all week, but I haven’...
- iPadre said “progressives are the gravediggers of real p...
- Dundonianski said I often read with admiration and some awe, the rem...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on the post. Thank...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Could someone sketch what the practice of the vari...
- Charliebird said Fr Z said, “Get ready for you who defend mar...
- DaveH said I agree with your comments and will also posit tha...
- Ellen said Pray for my children. Both have been divorced lat...
- jacobi said You did well to highlight this Father. I agree th...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Canadian, eh?” “What, me worry?...
- Paul M. said Phil_NL says: “a remarriage carries with it...
- boxerpaws1952 said ATHEISM...
- boxerpaws1952 said discipulus says: 12 December 2013 at 5:42 pm For...
- Phil_NL said It will revolve around the third question, of cour...
- boxerpaws1952 said St Jude,i will be glad to pray for your son(a lot)...
- StJude said I am in my car all day so I cant get away from rad...
- Pope Sends Sign Language Message to Bishops - BigPulpit.com said [...] St. Etheldreda’s Pl Asian Bishops Enco...
- paulbailes said Bravo Lisa! (and StJude)
- StJude said Thanks Lisa for: “Folks, there is no one on...
- snoozie said how, oh how, does this POSSIBLY square with Matthe...
- Lisa Graas said I think I should offer my two cents as one who obt...
- msokeefe said Married permanent Deacons violate Canon 277. ht...
- McCall1981 said Are they talking about actually giving communion t...
- UncleBlobb said I am listening Father Z.! Thank you very much. I a...
- paulbailes said This sounds like the devil’s game plan 1967...
- Elizabeth D said I was inspired today by a Gospel witness in Syria,...
- Geoffrey said I think a serious renewal of the instituted minist...
- Bryan D. Boyle said @kellym: just finished watching that TG episode la...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Communion for divorced/remarriage. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- QUAERITUR: Maniple on straw-subdeacon?
- TIME SENSITIVE ACTION ITEM! Defend 2nd Amendment against Pres. Obama and UN Arms Treaty!
- On fear of the priest
- Another state bans abortion in Obamacare plans
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1st Year Anniversary of @Pontifex
- ACTION ITEM! The Benedictine Monks of Norcia: great end of year donation option!
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Monthly Archives: April 2010
Remember! If you liked the broadcast of the Pontifical Mass on EWTN, be sure to thank the Paulus Institute.
From the Paulus Institute:
DVD, Photographs of Pontifical Solemn High Traditional Latin Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The … Continue reading
Lest they be missed as they scroll off.
The religion of the New York Times, “a hell of a thing”
NCR “analysis” of the Pontifical Mass in Washington, DC. Wrong again. … Continue reading
Did you see this?
From Digitised Manuscripts Blog:
Vatican Library to digitise 80,000 manuscripts
Monsignor Cesare Pasini, Prefect of the Vatican Library, sent out an "extraordinary" Newsletter 5/2010 on 24 March (see full text as posted by the Evangelical Textual Criticism blog) announcing … Continue reading
Long-time readers of WDTPRS have read my constant reference to The New York Times as "Hell’s Bible". Over the top? I don’t think so.
I pick up a little support for that nickname from a fascinating column by Kenneth … Continue reading
The dissenters of National Catholic Reporter have an analysis piece about the Pontifical Mass in Washington DC on 24 Saturday.
Included in the body of their piece are some splendid photos. A redeeming point.
Let’s have a look with my emphases and … Continue reading
It is an exciting moment when you spot your "first" bird of the season. Your breath catches for a moment when you realize what you are seeing.
Even better is when you spot your first ever at your feeder.
This is about … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases:
Pope will make final decision on Legionaries, Vatican spokesman states
Rome, Italy, Apr 28, 2010 / 05:56 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Benedict XVI will make the final decisions regarding the Apostolic Visitation of the Legionaries of Christ, … Continue reading
Want to know what is driving the media rush to attack the Church and Pope Benedict over the clerical abuse crisis.. again?
Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times)
A Frenzied Pace for Lawyer Behind Vatican SuitsBy MONICA DAVEYPublished: April 27, … Continue reading
I had asked readers for reactions to the Pontifical Mass in the Traditional, Extraordinary Form celebrated in Washington DC for the 5th anniversary of the pontificate of Pope Benedict.
Here are some of your responses:
Being 16 years old I had never … Continue reading
I find it fascinating that as new technology develops, we start finding new things in the Shroud of Turin.
As you may know the Shroud of Turin was recently placed on display in Turin, Italy. Here is an interesting … Continue reading