Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Polycarpio said There was a great story on CNS about Archbishop Sa...
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- Sword40 said Chon, I’m really glad that Holy Rosary is in...
- juventutemDC said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, your Grace! We...
- Mike said A Hail Mary each for you and for Cardinal George.
- The Masked Chicken said wmeyer, Sorry for the extra s. My comment reading...
- McCall1981 said This part is very intriguing: “I speak to pe...
- Kathleen10 said Nice explanation of the Holy Father’s words....
- letchitsa1 said I agree with cloobie. Also, I wonder…even ci...
- Supertradmum said Sorry about your troubles. Hope you are healthy. I...
- Mike said Thank you, Father. Under IE11 on Windows 7, the p...
- Eric said Muskrat. The other yellow meat.
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: That show should be called “Wrecko...
- VexillaRegis said “Are you saying you have fantasies about coo...
- acardnal said I actually recalled this interview, which I read y...
- robtbrown said Bob B, My class lost 5 in Viet Nam. Two were Br...
- JaneC said @SteelBiretta: “Vatican Pickers” coul...
- SteelBiretta said @JaneC: EWTN should totally do this. I could env...
- guans said Thank you Father for introducing us to Jacques-Ben...
- Supertradmum said God bless this good bishop. Too bad he was not mad...
- LeslieL said I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, Fr...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Incredulous though you may be, don’t disbeli...
- wolfeken said This letter is terrific and the bishop ought to be...
- Nathan said How, exactly, ought one prepare muskrat for your L...
- McCall1981 said Great comments from Bp. Morlino, thank God for him...
- Vox Laudis said @mary–It’s a good thing I wasn’t...
- JaneC said Various networks these days have reality shows abo...
- Marc said The piece doesn’t seem to be as lopsided as...
- lisebaur said Thank you Fr., for the beautiful insights.
- incredulous said Just because you snow belters wouldn’t know...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 1 May 2010
Everyone should be calling Benedict XVI "The Pope of Christian Unity".
His provisions for traditionally-minded Anglicans issued in the Motu Proprio Anglicanorum coetibus are concrete demonstrations of his desire to bring separated Christians into unity with the Catholic fold.
With my … Continue reading
Today’s feast of glorious St. Joseph is quite modern. It was given to the Church by Pope Pius XII in 1955.
We celebrate Joseph as a patron of workers. No doubt the thought behind the feast was, among other motives, … Continue reading
It seems that the Holy Father has done pretty much what I figured he would do regarding the Legionaries of Christ: he effectively put them on "double secret probation", as it were.
Pope Benedict XVI will appoint an apostolic … Continue reading
Lest we forget, last year the Catholic Notre Dame University, to its lasting shame, undermined our Catholic identity and caused damaging scandal by honoring the most aggressively pro-abortion politician we have ever seen, President Obama.
They bestowed an honor on … Continue reading
A few days ago the Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, H.e. Most Rev. John Nienstedt, had an op-ed piece in the Minneapolis Star Tribune in support of a defense of marriage amendment to the Minnesota Constitution.
You can find this … Continue reading
From the always-to-be-followed Laudator about May!
Read it aloud!
I would love to have a recording of this read by a native of Dorset. Can any of you readers help? Record it and send it to me by email!
William Barnes (1801-1886), … Continue reading
I am glad to announce that with the help of WDTPRS’s official photoshopper, the great Vincenzo, I have opened a
"Brick By Brick" Cafepress site.
There are so far, large and small coffee mugs, stackable mugs, and rectangular … Continue reading
From the editors of Hell’s Bible comes this contribution to The Magisterium of Nuns (nearly everything that needs to be said, was said in that entry) with my emphases and comments:
EditorialCourage of the Sisters
Published: April 30, 2010
In the fierce … Continue reading
Five years ago Pope Benedict sat down to preach at the first solemn "inaugural" Mass of his pontificate.
Inter alia he said:
One of the basic characteristics of a shepherd must be to love the people entrusted to him, even as he … Continue reading