Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Phil_NL said I think Damian Thompson did put several very apt p...
- vetusta ecclesia said National Episcopal Conferences are a bane. The gre...
- VexillaRegis said Hmm. I think they gave up too easily. Something is...
- Martlet said When you have Catholic priests who are members of...
- jacobi said In the post-Vatican period there has been a collap...
- VexillaRegis said TNCath is right. Pupils can be a real nuissance an...
- Traductora said This was a very nice thing to read. I think the P...
- Chon said Lori Pieper, since Satan is the father of lies, wh...
- Moro said A round of thanks and applause is more than deserv...
- Chon said xgenerationcatholic: No!!!! The sisters would neve...
- Lori Pieper said Hmm. The WSJ article quotes Daniels as saying: ...
- Mojoron said The article is very chunky. Meaning, there is too...
- SaintJude6 said Fr. Jim, Consider my whole family anachronistic....
- Lori Pieper said Faith: not only Spanish, but judging by his talk t...
- Geoffrey said The Holy Father making a phone call like this brin...
- stephen c said Damien T. is a good writer, I fondly remember a re...
- Netmilsmom said I may not be the biggest fan of Pope Francis, but...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- TNCath said Ben Kenobi: When a student ( or a chorus of stude...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I like this Pope. Sadly, there are still at least...
- Robbie said I read this article early this morning and I guess...
- SKAY said http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/08/21/oklahoma-archb...
- Iacobus M said How many Imams have called the Foley Family? How...
- Mike said This is the most hopeful article on Francis that I...
- Norah said In “The Ratzinger Report” then Cardina...
- PA mom said There was a fascinating article in Fortune on Pope...
- Lori Pieper said I agree, I think it’s an unconsecrated host....
- Faith said Cross out the last two sentences. He is coming to...
- OrthodoxChick said My oldest son and I are planning to attend our fir...
- AdIesumPerMariam said I am also of the belief that they returned an unco...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Of “rubber bullets”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
- LCWR wrap up
- NYC – Manhattan’s Church of the Holy Innocents – VIDEO
- Just for nice
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Home again, home again
- Bourbon country…
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 1 May 2010
Everyone should be calling Benedict XVI "The Pope of Christian Unity".
His provisions for traditionally-minded Anglicans issued in the Motu Proprio Anglicanorum coetibus are concrete demonstrations of his desire to bring separated Christians into unity with the Catholic fold.
With my … Continue reading
Today’s feast of glorious St. Joseph is quite modern. It was given to the Church by Pope Pius XII in 1955.
We celebrate Joseph as a patron of workers. No doubt the thought behind the feast was, among other motives, … Continue reading
It seems that the Holy Father has done pretty much what I figured he would do regarding the Legionaries of Christ: he effectively put them on "double secret probation", as it were.
Pope Benedict XVI will appoint an apostolic … Continue reading
Lest we forget, last year the Catholic Notre Dame University, to its lasting shame, undermined our Catholic identity and caused damaging scandal by honoring the most aggressively pro-abortion politician we have ever seen, President Obama.
They bestowed an honor on … Continue reading
A few days ago the Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, H.e. Most Rev. John Nienstedt, had an op-ed piece in the Minneapolis Star Tribune in support of a defense of marriage amendment to the Minnesota Constitution.
You can find this … Continue reading
From the always-to-be-followed Laudator about May!
Read it aloud!
I would love to have a recording of this read by a native of Dorset. Can any of you readers help? Record it and send it to me by email!
William Barnes (1801-1886), … Continue reading
I am glad to announce that with the help of WDTPRS’s official photoshopper, the great Vincenzo, I have opened a
"Brick By Brick" Cafepress site.
There are so far, large and small coffee mugs, stackable mugs, and rectangular … Continue reading
From the editors of Hell’s Bible comes this contribution to The Magisterium of Nuns (nearly everything that needs to be said, was said in that entry) with my emphases and comments:
EditorialCourage of the Sisters
Published: April 30, 2010
In the fierce … Continue reading
Five years ago Pope Benedict sat down to preach at the first solemn "inaugural" Mass of his pontificate.
Inter alia he said:
One of the basic characteristics of a shepherd must be to love the people entrusted to him, even as he … Continue reading