"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mojoron said I hope you have better internet in Rome than did I...
- The Ubiquitous said It is good to see you again, Mr. The Chicken! Long...
- Tina in Ashburn said Looking forward to updates on this! Wishing you an...
- Charliebird said yes, HeatherPA I thought…”it isn’...
- Cantor said Perhaps, Father, you might gather “a stable...
- acardnal said I think that you may be right with regard to the S...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said But Father, but Father! You just want to do away w...
- Theodore said Good cop didn’t work, we’ll probably b...
- Ignatius said I noticed the exact same thing. From Bishop of Rom...
- Suburbanbanshee said The Vatican Library digitization fundraiser was ca...
- Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick said Let’s cut through all this mumbo-jumbo about...
- mLamG said (Don’t know if this has been mentioned previ...
- ckdexterhaven said Coca Cola could pay to have a Coke painted on the...
- Paul Young said I hope the event wasn’t spoiled by a some ze...
- HeatherPA said Hmmm. I thought this was an “Onion” pi
- michael said I read in the UK’s Catholic Herald that the...
- Suburbanbanshee said First off, Vatican Radio says it is a Vatican Muse...
- joecct77 said If they put a bus in there, we all know who will b...
- Kathleen10 said The frescoes are so “fragile” that, in...
- Ignatius said It is a “poor church” for the rich. So
- MarkJ said “And Jesus went into the temple of God, and...
- donboyle said Porsche? There is no Sostituto. [Maybe had it been...
- tcreek said And the pope teaches that the Faithful should driv...
- The Cobbler said Someone here mentioned the Southern Hemisphere and...
- Gregg the Obscure said Just missing oxen, sheep, doves and, of course, a...
- robtbrown said Supertradmum, One of the reasons I say that is t...
- The Cobbler said For what it’s worth, here’s the Cathol...
- boko fittleworth said Is there anything German money can’t buy?
- Prayerful said Both the Pope and Pope Emeritus have white robes....
- sw85 said Our new “church of the poor” sure seem...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 10 May 2010
Just a few colorful snaps from today’s traffic.
Mrs. Downy Woodpecker
Look at the colors!
A very messy beak.
A very active Chickadee.
This Chickadee has a piece of fluff from the nest stuff I have out.
My friend John L. Allen Jr., the fair-minded, the nearly ubiquitous, who sadly still writes for the ultra-liberal NRC, analyzes the possibility that the next Prefect for the Congregation for Bishops may be Sydney’s George Card. Pell.
Here is the meat … Continue reading
I picked up on this from CMR.
At a recent conference in Washington, DC, House Speaker pro-abortion Catholic Democrat Nancy "the theologian" Pelosi (D-CA) said:
“I would hope that there’s one thing that we can do working together as we go forward … Continue reading
Are any of the readers agents or owners of a Catholic tour agency?
Please drop me a line by email.
From a reader in Detroit:
The Latin Liturgy Association will be having their convention this summer (July 16-18) in Detroit – in part at St. Josaphat Catholic Church. There’s some info up at the parish blogsite: http://stjosaphat.wordpress.com/ … Continue reading
From a reader:
After Mass I absent-mindedly had some gum. It was pretty soon after so had I any particles still in my teeth etc, it would have got in the gum. I realized this and retained the gum until I … Continue reading
I read in the Bolletino that the second volume of the Holy Father’s book Gesù di Nazareth is at the printers.
This second volume will focus on the Lord’s Passion and Resurrection.
They will try to get all the major translations finished … Continue reading
Our friends at Rorate reports that the Canons of St. John Cantius in Chicago are going to Fatima in September.
The Canons Regular of St. John Cantius (Archdiocese of Chicago) are leading a pilgrimage in September, 2010 to Fatima, Portugal to … Continue reading