You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- JKnott said Obama was soaked before it started to drizzle R...
- LiteratureAddict said At Christendom College, we are blessed to have 13...
- Maltese said That last picture is priceless, and had me LMAO!...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said If this were a Republican, this would be a non-sta...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said I find the gesture disturbing not for all of the r...
- PostCatholic said Thanks be to the gods for their waterfall. (I jest...
- Catholic Tech Geek said I would recommend that you download an iso image o...
- Will D. said If it’s getting to the operating system̵...
- Kathleen10 said Bellisimo Fr. Z! (may have spelled that wrong) A...
- BLB Oregon said As for Mr. Obama, he should have asked the Marine...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I can’t help you unless you speak Eng
- Bos Mutissimus said 1) Concur that BHO has less respect in general fo...
- BLB Oregon said Who is supposed to attend to this? It would be a d...
- PostCatholic said This has been an interesting thread. I wonder how,...
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
- Gratias said In November of last year I attended a Public Audie...
- Sword40 said I have to say that Obama isn’t “dumb...
- William Tighe said No doubt this has been stated numerous times befor...
- PostCatholic said I realize this an old thread. But I think a readin...
- EXCHIEF said “I would rather potus would be seen holding...
- andersonbd1 said Make sure you don’t touch the metal parts wi...
- Jerry said What is the make and model of the system? What OS...
- Supertradmum said One must ask one’s self honestly if one rece...
- Ted said A 32 bit system, normally the operating system, ca...
- Supertradmum said That you may be the children of your Father who is...
- Tom in NY said Our readers are strong on the religious reasons fo...
- Giuseppe said Speaking of Tom Lehrer, while his Periodic Table s...
- xsosdid said I asked one of my sons, a computer science student...
- The Masked Chicken said If only I had a piano and Tom Lehrer…I feel...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It’s 32-bit. I checked around and it seems t...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 12 May 2010
The Holy Father is clearly feeling the heavy burden of his office.
Let us all pray more frequently for the Holy Father and remind others to do the same.
From the the Enchiridion of Indulgences, #25:
A partial indulgence is granted to … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness as a great entry on the proper understanding and function of a person’s conscience in case of possible conflict with the, for example, teaching of a Pope or of the Church.
You will want to read the whole thing, … Continue reading
The Holy Father is in Fatima for the anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady.
He has gone as a pilgrim to Fatima to pray for the Church, for priests and for peace in the world.
It would have made sense to … Continue reading
In Fatima the Holy Father prayed before the statue of Our Lady at the chapel of the apparitions and presented her with a golden rose.
Here is the text in English of the prayer the Holy Father pronounced, in tandem … Continue reading
In Fatima, the Holy Father Pope Benedict, in the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, entrusted all the priests of the world to Mary’s Immaculate Heart. To revitalize the Church’s identity, we must revitalize the Church’s priests.
Here … Continue reading
I got an email from the dissenter’s guide, National Catholic Reporter.
I was amused to read this with their emphases:
As an NCRonline.org reader you already know the value of our reporting. You understand why NCR was called "brave" by The New … Continue reading
In New York City at times you will see the Empire State Building illuminated with colored lights in honor of some event or group.
For example, a while back they turned on red and yellow lights to honor the Communist … Continue reading
I have seen the season’s first …
Passerina cyanea…. Mr. Indigo bunting!
They like millet. I shall put out more millet in a separate feeder.
Here are three of the four male Grosbeaks which were parked for some chow at the same … Continue reading
There are oldie PODCAzTs available touching on the feast of the Ascension.
029 07-05-18 Leo’s mind blowing Ascension sermon; angels 028 07-05-17 Augustine on the Ascension; Card. Castrillion on the Motu Proprio
Our friends at Rorate have posted an interview by Brian Mershon with SSPX Superior Bp. Bernard Fellay.
Here is an excerpt:
Brian Mershon: Some critics say that the Society’s rejection of a canonical or practical solution is a sign of obstinacy or … Continue reading