You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- ReginaMarie said Fr. Martin, True. Thank you. My prayer is that th...
- robtbrown said Mighty, Mighty, Deaconite.
- Venerator Sti Lot said Dear Imrahil, There are various places where Latin...
- Fr Martin Fox said Regina: I realize that, and I did not mean to call...
- ReginaMarie said Fr Martin Fox, True, the Church does not permit pr...
- MWindsor said I was an enlisted man in the Coast Guard. A couple...
- OrthodoxChick said Thanks Ted, I’m reading conflicting things a...
- Cantor said We are blessed to have two permanent deacons in ou...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Deaconite? Deaconite?” Must. Resist....
- Singing Mum said Excellent post. Inspiring! This day of Pentecost a...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Just for your information, I have c...
- Random Friar said As former military, allow me to add my two cents....
- frjim4321 said OrthChick – - - Yes, http://www.crucial.com...
- Hank Igitur said April 1 has already passed by for this year, no?
- Random Friar said Yes, St. Francis was indeed a deacon. It seems he...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tom in NY, thank you for your kind answer. A...
- ray from mn said Some time ago, I heard or read that one of the dut...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Giuseppe, Many thanks! It seems very clear and use...
- PReagan said Thank you, Father! I was going to tell you about t...
- Giuseppe said Boston’s Deaconess Hospital (now merged with...
- OrthodoxChick said Ted, Thank you for the advice. It’s not an...
- Christopher said Jabba: 1)Bad RAM will frequently let you boot your...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said P.S. Celibacy was dropped as a requirement for Lut...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Chris Garton-Zavesky, Yes, as mentioned above, a h...
- Muv said Is the pretty half of a Deaconite couple a Deacone...
- robtbrown said spencer says: As a permanent deacon (and I really...
- Andrew said Pater Z: Nesciebam “ordiri” textrinae esse propriu...
- Ted said OrthodoxChick: Sounds very much like the motherbo...
- frjim4321 said I’ve seen the “Deacon Couple” a...
- frjim4321 said Can you get on line with that machine? If so, if y...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 17 May 2010
In a NewsCore story we read that that whole "magisterium of nuns" thing does work so well when bishops have backbones.
Arizona Hospital Nun Excommunicated For Allowing Abortion
Updated: Sunday, 16 May 2010, 9:20 AM CDTPublished : Sunday, 16 May 2010, 9:20 … Continue reading
A question came in from a priest friend preparing confirmands for confirmation in the older traditional, form.
The question posed was about the Latin form of the name which the confirmands chooses.
The confirmand is called by name in Latin, in … Continue reading
Here is an new sort of PODCAzT… for PODCAzT 101. I am trying a slightly new format today.
I use this PODCAzT to drill into the Preface for the Ascension, used from Ascension Thursday until Pentecost, in the 1962MR. I will … Continue reading
Hell’s Bible is again going after Archbishop Timothy Dolan, of New York.
In a front page article – not for a change written by Laurie Goodstein or Rachel Donadio, Archbp. Dolan is presented as the one who had been once such … Continue reading
With a tip of the biretta to Mulier Fortis comes this piece of horror in Shanghai Times.
Aborted baby cries before cremation
RSS | Mobile Newspaper | Newsletter
NationalAborted baby cries before cremation
By Wang Xiang | 2010-5-14
AN aborted baby declared dead by … Continue reading