"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Matthew Gaul said Rob22, if you end up exploring Orthodoxy, you may...
- Deacon Augustine said Fr Rosica was so obviously a part of the synod sti...
- anna 6 said I am continually amazed at how many supposedly pro...
- robtbrown said Ambrosio also disparaged the previous papacies of...
- Maximilia said My mom and I have been keenly following the Vestme...
- Janol said So glad we all know that public Revelation of the...
- Grateful to be Catholic said JonPatrick, to be fair to Bishop Tobin, he was tal...
- acardnal said I gave up on Fr. Rosica and his “Salt and Li...
- JesusFreak84 said That’s the sort of baloney that sent me to t...
- jhartne said In the above article it said: “Ambrosio also...
- LarryW2LJ said I know of a priest who, while using the old transl...
- RJHighland said Cardinal Kaspers minons are all ready out and on t...
- Matthias1 said Sigh; my parents’ priest also uses only the...
- avecrux said What strikes me is how patronizing this is: poor l...
- Matthias1 said Yes, welcome “everyone,” but by all me...
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if this important article was overlooked...
- Charivari Rob said “When asked by the host to comment on Pope F...
- LarryW2LJ said The problem with “Progressives” is tha...
- wolfeken said If nothing else, the last year and a half has cert...
- Rob22 said TNCath. I disagree. Schism? So the orthodox Cathol...
- Jerry said re: Mum26 – “He had all the good inten...
- gracie said A few years back, I attended a Sunday evening Mass...
- Royse87 said “In the trenches”, “in touch wit...
- thomas tucker said Contrast all of this blather with what Our Lord sa...
- Back pew sitter said After putting up with that video I found some ligh...
- JesusFreak84 said …..They’re based in Canada, ne? Well,...
- rtjl said The lay people finally [?] feel like their voice i...
- Rich said The tail is really wagging the dog when an Extraor...
- Mike said Nothing prevents any of us from asking Miss Ambros...
- msc said The ivory tower comment is obviously unjust in Ben...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 20 May 2010
Starting to think about Sunday dinner.
The last time I consulted you I made Boeuf à la bourguignonne.
I am inclined toward rabbit this time….
I usually make Italian coniglio in umido (and here). This involves lots of olives and white wine … Continue reading
Mulier Fortis, an English school teacher, has an job interview which may in part depend on her pronunciation of Eyjafjallajokull.
It also involves tomato soup and cardboard.
Fr. Wissman in Bolivar, MO calls Pope Benedict, bishops, faithful, “faithless and hypocritical”, “whitewashed sepulchers”
Long-time readers of WDTPRS may remember that we have on at least two other occasions looked at the musing of Fr. Pat Wissman, pastor of St. Catherine Mission in Bolivar, MO in the Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau. Fr. Wissman wrote … Continue reading
I have solved my skype voicemail problems …. at least in part.
I can receive my voice on only one of the computers on the network, the one that runs the Z-Cam no less.
Therefore, I can from time to time shut … Continue reading
Sometimes people send me "pastor’s pages" from their parish bulletins. Most of the time this is an opportunity to exercise patience.
I was alerted something written in a pastor’s page from "The Catholic Faith Communities of Saint Theresa and Saint Christopher" … Continue reading
A while back I called for those groups who do training for priests and seminarians for the older forms of the Roman Rite, the Extraordinary Use, also to provide more training for lay people who will be called upon to … Continue reading