Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- alanphipps said “[Right on schedule here come the distributi...
- carolina publican said SimonDodd, thanks for that information – gre...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: absentee landlords, I was referring to Jesus...
- Suburbanbanshee said Distributism has been promoted by holy people, but...
- Muv said Allow me please to stick my neck out. I have a spe...
- Imrahil said I always bow at the times the priest in the EF mak...
- Suburbanbanshee said The idea is not that it’s a clinical trial,...
- ocalatrad said While the conference does seem like it’d be...
- jhayes said I didn’t know “O’bama” was Irish! The genealogy se...
- Supertradmum said I am pea-green with envy………̷
- Geoffrey said There have been many canonizations that were done...
- acardnal said Fr. Z, you should check out the President Ford Mus...
- Supertradmum said Hmm Fr. Z., some type of relic, not sure third cl...
- Thom said Legisperitus, while it is certainly prudent to not...
- pfreddys said This is the one part that makes me uneasy about th...
- Legisperitus said There are good reasons against jamming these sorts...
- Glennonite said Marytoo: re: the words of consecration, I have alw...
- contrarian said The Church and the Libertarian: A Defense of the C...
- eiggam said Enjoy your time in Grand Rapids. They are a happy...
- Kypapist said Reg: Hilarious! I didn’t know “O̵
- Midwest St. Michael said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Father G said The following was released today: Decree from the...
- dmreed said Ah come on Father, do you know how upset it makes...
- OBAMA’S WAR AGAINST CHRIST | PatriotsBillboard said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- robtbrown said The charbroiled oysters at Drago’s in Metair...
- Jim said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said The Ordinary Form in its most recent edition (2002...
- John of Chicago said or “summary”–works both ways for
- SimonDodd said carolina publican says: “[I]t seems to me th...
- John Nolan said 18 June is also the anniversary of the Battle of W...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Gregg’s: Are we becoming Europe?
- 2nd miracle for John Paul II takes another step forward
- Acton U 2013: Day 1 (with UPDATES)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 30 May 2010
Am I simple and unsophisticated, or is this authentically daft?
From the "arts" section of Hell’s Bible…
700-Hour Silent Opera Reaches Finale at MoMA
At 5 p.m. Monday the longest piece of performance art on record, and certainly the one with the largest … Continue reading
I received a note from a Irish priest friend about articles in the Irish Daily Mail concerning problems at the seminary in Maynooth. I had planned to write about it, but others have done some of the heavy lifting already.
This … Continue reading
Consider that this is Memorial Day weekend.
With a biretta tip to Sancte Pater this from the San Diego Union Tribune.
John Finn, hero at Pearl Harbor, dies at 100
Ex-sailor was oldest living Medal of Honor recipient
By Blanca Gonzalez, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF … Continue reading
On Sundays people should, if they can, get together for a nice meal, something a little different.
I didn’t poll on this one, because I knew what I was going to make.
It was time to crack, once again, Julia Child’s Mastering … Continue reading
I will be in NYC from Friday 4 June until Saturday 12 June.
On the evening of Friday 4 June I will have the 6:30 pm Missa Cantata in the Extraordinary Form at Holy Innocents.
On 11 June I will speak … Continue reading
Vor the tired brethren…. Vespers from the older, traditional form of the Office.
No frills… well most of it is no frills…. I sing the hymn, Magnificat antiphon and Magnificat.
It is a feast, after all, and the liturgical (if not calendrical) … Continue reading
No eye has seen and no ear has heard what God has prepared for those who attain the bliss of heaven.
Christ has won for us the most precious gift of all: membership in the Kingdom of God.
It is … Continue reading
From a reader…. it is clearly peony season!
One of these would be perfect for new priests. … older priests too, come to think of it.
Ah peonies…. in the back yard of one of the many places I lived as a … Continue reading
The new issue of New Jesuit Review is available and there are good articles in it.
Lessongs from Matteo Ricci for the Presentby Fr. David A. Brown, SJ
Ignatian Obedience in the Light of the Spiritual Exercisesby Fr. Andrew Garcia, SJ
Ignatius … Continue reading
From a reader:
Help, my daughters wedding was yesterday and I was stuck, what is an appropriate tip or gratuity for the our parish Priest, besides what the parish charges, 20 50 100 I’m lost. After the Mass I just stood … Continue reading