Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- TheAcolyte said You might be interested in the piece that I wrote...
- Lyons said I passed an exam for a professional designation I&...
- Sonshine135 said I have been praying that my parents find their way...
- Elizabeth D said I <3 Cardinal Muller. And not only because he s...
- Ed the Roman said Saint Louis IX, pray for us. Saint Gabriel Possent...
- StJude said My son and I found a dog, after searching for the...
- Henry Edwards said And Knoxville (East Tennessee) also ranks in the t...
- Cafea Fruor said Externally, I’ve got nothin’. The Lord...
- LeGrandDerangement said Tracey Reynolds “made comments belittling th...
- Long-Skirts said “They surrounded and looked upon the priest,...
- Mike said I’ve said this a number of times, but I thin...
- PA mom said Rather than the anti-riches way that wealth is ref...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said Being the most numerous amongst the signatories do...
- Mike said Caelum et terra transibunt, verba autem mea non pr...
- Reconverted Idiot said msc: re the sally-ann (as we here in old blighty r...
- Reconverted Idiot said Great timing Father. I happen to have RERUM NOVAR...
- Reconverted Idiot said incredulous wrote: ‘Our parish is particular...
- JonPatrick said Even though a lot of Bishops seem to be coming out...
- Reconverted Idiot said I’m reminded of Mass once when I was young....
- Reconverted Idiot said Last week I was visited by a good friend of mine w...
- Phil_NL said Weren’t there two anglicans studying in Rome...
- Reconverted Idiot said Christ is risen! Oh right, yeah… you meant o...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said RANCHER: Could be. But, in the meantime…
- Hans said I am on vacation! It may not affect many people,...
- 'Catholic' Fashion Style - BigPulpit.com said [...] Ignitum Today Book Review: “7 Secrets of the...
- 'Catholic' Fashion Style - BigPulpit.com said [...] The Clap! Time To End Clapping At Mass ̵...
- marcelus said So Bosco it’s safe to say you are not too fo...
- RANCHER said Having been a cop in Los Angeles when MS 13 had it...
- RANCHER said Chief Lanier is as “PC” as they come....
- Bea said Thanks, Bishops, for your misconceived sense of ch...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
- Is Pres. Obama going to “nullify” immigration laws?
- Illegal immigrants: what to do?
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: June 2010
You should take a moment to read the latest post by His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan, about liturgical silence.
Here is a bit.
One of the attractions for many people, of the celebration of Mass according to the usus antiquior is that there … Continue reading
I have written before about the iPad app for the Roman Missal (which costs $4.99 through iTunes), iMissal.
Not much reason to write about it again, except for a few details. For example, I wondered what would happen with a new … Continue reading
From Operation Rescue with my edits:
Clinton Era Memo Betrays Kagan’s Extremist Pro-Abortion Thinking
Written by Operation RescuePosted June 30, 2010
Commentary by Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, Operation Rescue
Washington, DC – Earlier this week, the Clinton Library released a number … Continue reading
The usual stream of pre-summer break appointments is flowing from the Holy See.
The other day, I wrote about what one commentator here quipped could be called the Congregatio pro repropaganda. We weren’t sure what the new dicastery was going to … Continue reading
Did I mention garum?
Buy your garum using amazon (when available)!
From rogueclassicism comes this about that precious liquid garum, in modern terms colatura. (Check here and here.)
Are Classicists aware of this event in Tunisia?
The Garum summer festival was held … Continue reading
What did the Pope of Christian Unity really say to new Archbishops and to the delegate of the Ecumenical Patriarch?
From the website of Vatican Radio here is the English text of the Holy Father’s sermon for the Solemnity of Sts … Continue reading
I had an interesting note from a priest with a question:
I want to put in our sacristy a sign for visiting priests about the name of the bishop so they know what name to say during the Eucharistic Prayer. Since … Continue reading
Today during Holy Mass in the Basilica of St. Peter, near to Peter’s tomb, the Holy Father gave the pallium to new metropolitan archbishops.
The pallium is a sign of the jurisdiction metropolitans have in their provinces and also a … Continue reading
What about those Russian sleepers in the USA!
Ironically, last night I watched the last episode of season 7 of what is called in the USA MI-5 (in the UK Spooks) about the Russians waking up sleepers in UK to launch … Continue reading
On detnews.com (The Detroit News) Fr. Robert Sirico has a column about the terms the ramifications of driving freedom of religion from the public square.
My emphases and comments.
Don’t devalue Christian heritageFr. Robert Sirico
A week or so ago I struck up … Continue reading