Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lori Pieper said Henry Edwards, I think it is that “Vatican...
- Mike said Speaking of confessions (about which, Father, your...
- Ben Yanke said Or in other words…. http://benyanke.com/2013...
- Gregg the Obscure said Our Denver KofC council is conducting 40 days of p...
- Ben Yanke said Here is a resource I have compiled with all the va...
- Phil_NL said robtbrown, If parts of the curia have too much pow...
- Legisperitus said I would buy one of those buttons if they sold them...
- jacobi said In addition to that excellent list I would add,...
- majuscule said Fr. W, you piqued my interest in asking about a vi...
- greenlight said The very idea that you can attend a Novus Ordo Mas...
- LeeF said No chance of happening with typical large suburban...
- sw85 said Consider, too, exclusive use of the Roman Canon (E...
- Anita Moore OPL said The solution to the problem of poorly celebrated N...
- Fr. W said We have at our parish most of the things suggested...
- lmo1968 said The single vocation, and through this discussion I...
- mamajen said Our parish does all of these things (well, chapel...
- yatzer said Maybe I can arrange for my rebellious and also foo...
- Reconverted Idiot said Adding all of the above to my daily rosary and int...
- HighMass said Wonderful Article! Yes the tide is slowly turning,...
- Moral_Hazard said I am really fortunate to belong to a parish with v...
- robtbrown said Phil_NL, You seem to have missed the point of the...
- Henry Edwards said “‘The Pope is hungry to spread the Gospel an...
- Reconverted Idiot said I was impressed by an answer given by a very ortho...
- aviva meriam said Thank you Holy Father. From what I read, James Fo...
- Reconverted Idiot said Ooh, I never knew that JBS. Thanks. Shilling even...
- aviva meriam said Please pray for me as I’m attempting to disc...
- TopSully said I got the impression they wee comparing the Fergus...
- msc said St. Luigi Scrosoppi, pray for me (and the three mi...
- TWF said Matthew Gaul: Such would be in line with the Churc...
- Rich Leonardi said “One nation alone cannot judge how to stop an unju...
My wish lists
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
- ISIS sign appears in Ferguson
- American journalist beheaded by members of Religion of Peace
- Ann Carey, expert on women religious, dissects LCWR keynote – “convoluted, confused, and unfounded”
- CRITICAL UPDATE!! LCWR Empowerment Moment
- MOSUL: ISIS Islamists forcibly circumcise Christian, sell Yazidi women as slaves
- ASK FATHER: Departing priest crooned a show tune at Mass
- Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC4) on role of Congress and Pres. Obama’s lawlessness
- Religion of Peace to USA: “We will drown all of you in blood”
- Did Pope Francis predict his own death?
- Prayers for Pope Francis’ family
- Did Pope Francis really endorse airstrikes?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Michael Voris interviewed, speaks of the role of singles
- “Stand your ground armed with spiritual weapons!”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Monthly Archives: June 2010
You should take a moment to read the latest post by His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan, about liturgical silence.
Here is a bit.
One of the attractions for many people, of the celebration of Mass according to the usus antiquior is that there … Continue reading
I have written before about the iPad app for the Roman Missal (which costs $4.99 through iTunes), iMissal.
Not much reason to write about it again, except for a few details. For example, I wondered what would happen with a new … Continue reading
From Operation Rescue with my edits:
Clinton Era Memo Betrays Kagan’s Extremist Pro-Abortion Thinking
Written by Operation RescuePosted June 30, 2010
Commentary by Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor, Operation Rescue
Washington, DC – Earlier this week, the Clinton Library released a number … Continue reading
The usual stream of pre-summer break appointments is flowing from the Holy See.
The other day, I wrote about what one commentator here quipped could be called the Congregatio pro repropaganda. We weren’t sure what the new dicastery was going to … Continue reading
Did I mention garum?
Buy your garum using amazon (when available)!
From rogueclassicism comes this about that precious liquid garum, in modern terms colatura. (Check here and here.)
Are Classicists aware of this event in Tunisia?
The Garum summer festival was held … Continue reading
What did the Pope of Christian Unity really say to new Archbishops and to the delegate of the Ecumenical Patriarch?
From the website of Vatican Radio here is the English text of the Holy Father’s sermon for the Solemnity of Sts … Continue reading
I had an interesting note from a priest with a question:
I want to put in our sacristy a sign for visiting priests about the name of the bishop so they know what name to say during the Eucharistic Prayer. Since … Continue reading
Today during Holy Mass in the Basilica of St. Peter, near to Peter’s tomb, the Holy Father gave the pallium to new metropolitan archbishops.
The pallium is a sign of the jurisdiction metropolitans have in their provinces and also a … Continue reading
What about those Russian sleepers in the USA!
Ironically, last night I watched the last episode of season 7 of what is called in the USA MI-5 (in the UK Spooks) about the Russians waking up sleepers in UK to launch … Continue reading
On detnews.com (The Detroit News) Fr. Robert Sirico has a column about the terms the ramifications of driving freedom of religion from the public square.
My emphases and comments.
Don’t devalue Christian heritageFr. Robert Sirico
A week or so ago I struck up … Continue reading