Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D. Boyle says: new antenna mast Yes. I am d...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Is that your new antenna mast you were looking to...
- Alaina said Fishwrap makes a call to preserve Catholic educati...
- THREEHEARTS said I find it so wryly amusing. So many acclaim Divine...
- pmullane said “Winters, who has been with the school for e...
- 10 More Things You Might Be Doing Wrong at Mass - EpicPew said […] be doing wrong at Mass. Without further...
- Kerry said In the book, A Bitter Trial, Evelyn Waugh and John...
- benedetta said I don’t have time to read it. I am just rea...
- Absit invidia said When, dear God, will the Church finally deal with...
- Mojoron said How hard is it to have a company remove the word &...
- WYMiriam said “Imagine the pushback and negative press a b...
- stephen c said Well, the very talented young lady has elsewhere d...
- Kathleen10 said Sorry. “see” = “we”.
- Kathleen10 said And a thousand “Amens” to your prayer,
- Kathleen10 said We are experiencing war on multiple fronts today,...
- frjim4321 said (not quite what I intended to type) I’m sorry … th...
- frjim4321 said I’m sorry … the site has acted a blog...
- Paulo said Folks, let’s face it. The enemy, the father of lie...
- Dialogos said You think that’s bad? At the Facebook page o...
- pannw said Now, unlike the fishwrap link in the new post, thi...
- Supertradmum said Thanks to all here who have helped with housing an...
- Supertradmum said It is most compassionate to point out to a brother...
- pannw said Amen. And no, I’m not going there to finish...
- JARay said Congratulations, especially on your prayer to St....
- Giuseppe said As Jon Stewart’s show winds down, last night...
- benedetta said You know, it’s interesting, just by way of f...
- WmHesch said #FirstWorldProblems haha. Glad to see it’s r...
- Gregory DiPippo said She uses the backs of bozos like Dawkins and Hitch...
- KnightOfTruth said Technology glitches take up sooo much of my time....
- iamlucky13 said “The quote was from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen....
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages (54)
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM (34)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS (32)
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER! (30)
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod (26)
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass (26)
- Camille Paglia strikes again! (23)
- Liberals – unmasked (18)
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching (15)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (14)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A Scrat Interlude
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail & ASK FATHER: Catholic and Orthodox wedding question
- WDTPRS – 10th Sunday after Pentecost: Mercy does not mean turning a blind eye to Justice
- Blue Moon
- Fishwrap – once again – publicly attacks the Church’s moral teaching
- What I’m dealing with today
- Camille Paglia strikes again!
- Day 2: Canon Law Conference – VIDEO greetings to you readers from Card. Burke
- Liberals – unmasked
- Day 1: Canon Law Conference (and a video message)
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: Gregorian Masses
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Doing things “wrong” at Mass
- And the winner of The Most Meanfull Job is…
- HUNGARY: Juventutem summer retreat
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – POWER!
- Fr. Terence Ryan, CSP, approves of lesbian marriages
- ASK FATHER: Hand clapping during TLM
- Friday Fun
- Misquotation of St. John Paul II’s ‘Familaris consortio’ in ‘Instrumentum Laboris’ of upcoming Synod
- WDTPRS – 17th Ordinary Sunday: Demon-Kevlar and Sin-Teflon
- WDTPRS – 9th Sunday after Pentecost: God, absolutely distant, absolutely near
- Gallup Poll shows Pope Francis is not so “Laudato” these days
- Wherein a friend is promoted!
- Happy 500th Birthday St. Philip Neri
- ASK FATHER: My husband abandoned me and our child
- Monthly donations: a request
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 9 June 2010
There are some priests and even bishops out there exhibiting their very best petulance about the new translation of the Roman Missal which will soon – and not too soon – replace the lame-duck translation now in use. I think … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to his wacky tale from the Daily Mail. My emphases and comments: ‘Follow the Islamic way to save the world,’ Prince Charles urges environmentalists By Rebecca EnglishLast updated at 5:45 PM on 9th June 2010 Prince … Continue reading
From a reader: Perhaps you have already addressed this question somewhere, but as a choir director myself, I was bothered by something I saw on Corpus Christi. In the midst of a trip away from home, I was worshiping at a … Continue reading
Under another entry there is a discussion about the possibility or the propriety of girls serving Holy Mass in the older, traditional Roman Rite, the Extraordinary Form, hereafter TLM (Traditional Latin Mass). I mused that I thought most traditionalists would … Continue reading
Via our friends at Rorate we read comments of the papal Master of Ceremonies, Msgr. Guido Marini. Msgr. Marini commented on something many people wonder about: Will Benedict XVI celebrate the traditional Roman Rite in public? According to Rome Reports … Continue reading
Readers were asking about another NYC-Manhattan Blognic. Here’s the scoop. My only possibility is tonight, this evening, Wednesday evening. Anyone interested could meet at Annie Moore‘s between 5:30-7:00. Since this comes a little late, sorry, you might also take a … Continue reading
It has been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I found this over at Young Fogeys, where Fr. Jay Toborowsky reigns supreme. My emphases and comments. In the life of a parish Priest (especially when you live … Continue reading
For those of you in the NYC area: PONTIFICAL MASS FOR THE FEAST OF THE SACRED HEART MARKS THE END OF ‘YEAR FOR PRIESTS’ New York, N.Y., June 8 – As Pope Benedict XVI’s “Year for Priests” comes to a … Continue reading
The strange case of the assassination of Bp. Luigi Padovese in Turkey, – by his Muslim driver – becomes curiouser and curiouser. Bp. Padovese, Apostolic Vicar of Anatolia and President of the Turkish Bishops’ Conference, was stabbed eight time by … Continue reading