Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Joy65: PTK_70 “I call it the sanity of the South.R 21; THANK YOU JESUS that our Faith down here is strong and we try to keep it getting stronger each and every day. Lafayette, Louisi...
- MrsMacD: The Hidden Rebellion website sells Vendée badges, my husband bought two.
- JamesA: I’ll second that Vendee morale badge idea. Since you didn’ ;t say it this time, Father, I will. In this age, as we creep (or hurtle) toward the End of Days, we need to put on the...
- Herman Joseph: Ah yes, the spiritual plan, we’v e got. Beyond that, I think it’s a good idea, not in any morbid sense, to keep in mind that life is short, death will lead, in Christ, to...
- Eric: Father, Michael Matt is using the emblem in starting the League of the Sacred Heart. Lapels coming! https://re mnantnewsp aper.com/w eb/index.p hp/article s/item/396 9-league-o f-the-s...
- Fallibilissimo: I really believe the French Revolution was one of the most decisive and evil moments in modern history. It was more the culminatio n of something brewing and developing over time...
- Markus: Ossuary with Pall?
- Fallibilissimo: I love it!!! Fr Z, sei un grande!
- PTK_70: @Kenneth Wolfe̷ 0;.Dependi ng on one’ s perspectiv e, the Diocese of Lake Charles may be the center of the universe. In any case, it’s barely more remote from Rome than,...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Can you think of a good reason why the system is preventing me from posting here?
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: My family and I have just finished watching War of the Vendee, and my son gave me as a FatherR 17;s Day present The Hidden Rebellion: the untold story of the French Revol...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for the recipe and detailed instructio ns and photos. I have saved this post to my Evernote for use in the winter. I love cooking. It brings me so much happiness to cook...
- Dismas: After reviewing the article by Madame Defarge, I noticed that his [sic] unquenchab le, seething anger was not at the “inj usticeR 21; of Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute or...
- Spade: This might make a good velcro morale patch.
- ArthurH: It is bad, it will almost surely get worse. As to your last comment about being put up against a wall in the future: Remember Cardinal GeorgeR 17;s warning about what is coming for...
- Legisperitus: Prayers for you, Father, and for all the other “non -juring 221; priests.
- Kathleen10: That looks yummy. Well done! My mom always used salt pork for meatballs, but I have no luck with it. It renders very little fat, and you need a chainsaw to cut it. I end up using olive...
- TonyO: I understand the practicali ties of cremation vs. burial, and now that there is little cultural worry of people thinking cremation reflects a rejection of the afterlife, there is good reason...
- TonyO: The reason men can’t become Consecrate d Virgins is because the essential charism of the Vocation is that of being a Bride of Christ and an Image of the Church (a Virgin Bride) and spirit...
- teomatteo: No. You please share!
- APX: The other option would be to hold off on cremation until after the Requiem Mass and rent a casket. Embalming isn’t usually required. Traditiona l diner are really expensive. One way to keep...
- majuscule: We had a Requiem Mass for my mother’s cremated remains. She had requested it and I was so happy we could do it for her. We put three real beeswax candles on each of two small black-d...
- abasham: My grandmothe r recently passed away in Arizona, and it seems that the cemetary where she was buried only has cremated remains. I’m generally opposed to cremation, but she lived in a...
- JesusFreak84: The funeral home we used for my recently-d eceased grandmothe r actually rents caskets in this case, and I guess the rubrics would treat the casket normally? (Though I’m not...
- FrankWalshingham: That Fishwrap headline is an outrage!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
- ASK FATHER: Should a priest have a day off?
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Latin Mass in a Protestant church?
- Madame Defarge (@MichaelSWinters) is upset that people don’t find the Terror – applied to real people today – very funny.
- A little bright spot for your day, a discrete packet of energy for your mind.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 17 June 2010
Southwark Cathedral allows woman bishop to carry mitre but NOT to wear it
The Presiding Bishop of the Anglican Church in America, Katherine Jefferts Schori, was allowed to carry her mitre when she presided at the Eucharist in Southwark Cathedral … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness has a good entry about the upcoming papal visit to England. I am glad it also provides a link to the wonderful Anna Arco.
Yesterday, Anna Arco posted her interview with Archbishop Nichols concerning the papal visit. His Grace … Continue reading
From a reader:
While reading the martyrology yesterday, I saw that today (6/14) has the prophet Elisha listed. I remembered your posts reminding your readers that the Church commemorates old testament figures and that "if there were no other saint in … Continue reading
While we don’t yet have an official notice, it may be that the next Prefect for the Congregation for Bishop will be His Eminence Marc Card. Ouellet, 66 year old Archbishop of Quebec, rather than Card. Pell of Australia.
Andrea Tornielli … Continue reading
From a reader:
My pastor refuses to give me Holy Communion on my knees. I approached him privately. He claims that I am denying him his rights as a priest, destroying unity……he has tried to compromise with me by requiring me … Continue reading