"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- z4g.mug said Interesting. Voris’ sentiments do him great...
- z4g.mug said The Guido Reni picture of St Philip Neri in ecstas...
- AVL said Seersucker is old-timey, and that is exactly what...
- Grateful to be Catholic said There used to be a pretty good gelato shop on the...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Yes, I was taking “vetustate confecta tutior...
- Choirgirl said paladin: As the ad in the sidebar *should* say: W...
- stephen c said “vetustate tutiore restituit” ablativ...
- Grateful to be Catholic said I read the inscription as: “Alexander VI, Su...
- stephen c said “Alexander the Sixth,Pontifex Maximus, Nepos...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Can you make it out? Have a try!” Me...
- Oh the humanity! | The Average Catholic said [...] Father Z takes a playful dig at Michael Vori...
- stephen c said Alexander VI Pont Max (Alexander the Sixth, Pontif...
- mburn16 said Should have cropped the inscription for the coat-o...
- StnyPtGuy said Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo mentioned in the Bi...
- Philippa Martyr said Oh, man. I’m with you on this one, Father....
- Venerator Sti Lot said Oops!: “when his uncle was” (I have he...
- Venerator Sti Lot said The English Wikipedia article on him has three mor...
- Andrew said Restant nunc ad Christi fidem virtutis insignia, q...
- Venerator Sti Lot said In his 1910 Catholic Encyclopedia article, John Go...
- robtbrown said Uxixu says: Actually, robtbrown, Ministeria Quaed...
- acardnal said Bishop Tobin in the same article also said, “...
- acardnal said Interesting support for robtbrown’s theory r...
- Michael_Thoma said My 79 year dear ol mum loves the suit and the tie....
- Arele said Helen was gracious enough to take my phone calls t...
- Giuseppe said Thanks, Truthfinder, And, of course, it seems that...
- ejcmartin said Quebec separatists resorted to violence in the 196...
- The Cobbler said Clinton R., Considering the history of the Hagia S...
- friarpark said The bovine Option for the maniple perhaps.
- The Cobbler said You know, it would be pretty funny if Pope Francis...
- truthfinder said Giuseppe, no. The canonizations of the last coupl...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 18 June 2010
Why was US go-ahead goal disallowed?
Historic U.S. World Cup win erased by awful referee call
Fans and players of the national team are livid tonight after it had a World Cup win turned into a draw because of a questionable call … Continue reading
From His Hermeneuticalness:
I very much hope that the Mgrs Ganswein and Marini persuade the Holy Father that the restoration of the tiara is the next step in the reform of the Papal Liturgical Ceremonies and that the visit to Great … Continue reading
I understand BP’s Tony Haywood has his life back now.
In other news, I hear some … folks… are advocating a boycott of BP.
Did it occur to them that BP needs income in order to clean up the mess they caused? … Continue reading
There are new birds at the feeders. They are literally new: some of them are babies.
Some shots will following in the next days.
Here is a adult male Hairy Woodpecker with baby in tow. The young one makes a noise like … Continue reading
Some years ago I wrote in my weekly column in The Wanderer:
I hesitate to add this, for surely a few people will freak out… but once upon a time in a WDTPRS column I joked about having a liturgical … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had a question regarding ‘regular’ seminarians getting Extraordinary Form ordinations.
I’m going into the seminary this fall for my diocese, so it would be a while before I get to ordination (if, God willing, I do), but … Continue reading
From a reader:
If a couple marries in a Catholic Church in a state of mortal sin, is the marriage still valid or not?
Assuming that everything else is in order, namely, both of the couple are free to marry, they are … Continue reading
Fr. Christensen, a priest of the Diocese of Sioux Falls, of White Around the Collar, has posted something of his own kitchen endeavours. WDTPRS desires to express solidarity.
Father prepares caprese and a roast.
Here is a painting at the Metropolitan in Manhattan, depicting Eve with Cain and Abel, an unusual subject. It is by the Florentine Bacchiacca (+1557 – Francesco d’Ubertino).
It once included the figure of Adam, and so this painting was … Continue reading