Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- KM Edwards said I am grateful that, sinful as I am, Our Lady has l...
- Polycarpio said I agree with AVL. Catholic News Service has a pie...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’m pretty sure the i-heart represents ̶...
- vetusta ecclesia said Supertradmum: I think that the strawberries from t...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, you do realize that in Italy, the rainbow/r...
- Suburbanbanshee said The old feast of St. Bartholomew’s Day was o...
- frahobbit said The Luminous mysteries evoke for me references to...
- Nicholas said As one of the youngest readers of this blog(16) I...
- Suburbanbanshee said Mead is usually associated with the feasts of the...
- Anita Moore OPL said I don’t say the Luminous Mysteries because t...
- Papabile said I honestly believe that the Luminous Mysteries wil...
- PaterAugustinus said I came to the Catholic Church from the Orthodox Ch...
- schmenz said I ignore them. Contrived and frankly embarrassing...
- Tony McGough said Hey, Fr Z, you really are missing out! The Myster...
- Suburbanbanshee said I didn’t like them at first, but now I do. F...
- Marc M said I like ‘em. I find each of the 20 mysteries...
- KM Edwards said “By God’s love and man’s sweat,...
- KM Edwards said “By God’s love and man’s sweat,...
- A.D. said For years I thought something was missing from the...
- ppb said It was only around 2005 that I learned how to pray...
- Unwilling said Over the centuries there have been several suggest...
- Mary Jane said Our family prays the rosary together every evening...
- Matt R said I really don’t understand why St. John Paul...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said 1. JesusFreak84: No lesser than N.T. Wright has ob...
- Priam1184 said For all those who say that the Rosary is supposed...
- acricketchirps said Used to hate the song Imagine; now I love it. The...
- Thorfinn said Instead of being dictated from on high, the only g...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said “Religion of Piece” A “pieceR...
- Uxixu said If I’m doing a Novena and for regular devoti...
- acricketchirps said Good retelling of St. Fr. Damian of Moloka’i...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 June 2010
I understand the intrepid Andrea Tornielli says Basel’s Bishop Kurt Koch could be the new Archon of Alliteration … ehem… Administrator of Assonance, … no, that’s not it … the new Capo of Concord… the new Director of Dialogue… ugh… … Continue reading
President Bartlett would not fire Gen. McChrystal.
BTW… here is another example of a volcano influencing history.
It seems McChrystal and staff were stuck together for a long time because of the volcano in Iceland.
Do you get the feeling that for the … Continue reading
You might have read that the Vatican’s increasingly strange newspaper L’Osservatore Romano had a fluff piece on that famously "Catholic" movie The Blues Brothers.
I like The Blues Brothers. After all these years it still makes me laugh… perhaps … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I’ll get right to the point: is it not required that a concelebrant be able to see the matter he is consecrating? I am certain that it is, but I am not able to defend this thesis … Continue reading
Usually the average parish bulletin "pastor’s page" is… well… suboptimal.
But not at the little parish St. John’s on the east side of St. Paul, MN where the mighty Fr. George Welzbacher is pastor.
He has a highly crafted Pastor’s Page … Continue reading
I have written about Loome’s Theological Booksellers – near my native place in Minnesota – on more than one occasion (e.g., here and here).
They are now on Twitter and Facebook. Please give them a boost!
But wait! There’s more!
I am also … Continue reading
For your brick by brick file…
I have written about Madison’s bishop, Most Rev. Robert Morlino before (for example here and here).
Pro-abortion activists, aging-hippie liturgy types, and proponents of wymynprysts really dislike this guy.
All the more reason to support him … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, had a great piece on Live Shots the other day.
Andrea Bocelli: Doctor Told Mom To Abort Me
June 9, 2010 – 7:21 AM | by: Greg Burke
Singer Andrea Bocelli, one of … Continue reading