Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Fabrizio said “Cum de non comedendis carnibus collatio fie...
- zag4christ said This past Sunday I heard something from the senior...
- Dave N. said IMO, the numbers from CARA point to a US Catholic...
- chris1 said Father, we’ve got to find a reason to get yo...
- Priam1184 said This is a great post Father because I think it mea...
- Netmilsmom said Mike- abstaining from meat on Fridays is the easie...
- fatherpalka said Though done for other reasons, renovating the old...
- momoften said I have been abstaining from meat on Fridays for aw...
- Joseph-Mary said Another thing encountered is when the priests̵...
- catholiccomelately said Each week when I read the replies to this query, I...
- VexillaRegis said One time I went to confession with a priest I have...
- Suburbanbanshee said Why the archbishop said not to take the “ice...
- Michelle said Others have mentioned this as well, but I think th...
- Marie Teresa said @Fr. A.M. who said, “Look on the bright side...
- benedetta said I heard such a great many outstanding sermons and...
- St Donatus said We have a priest who gives a very personal five mi...
- Nun2OCDS said Once I entered the confessional just before the pr...
- Paul Young said Really hit a nerve for me. Due to my work and tra...
- Uxixu said I started doing meatless Friday year-round. Somet...
- truthfinder said Simon_GNR, Assumption is a First class, or solemni...
- Chon said It was suggested that those returning to the Churc...
- Luvadoxi said A lively thread! Much to think about. Chon–...
- MarkG said Some of the religious orders have all day confessi...
- Gregg the Obscure said I’ve dealt with this situation many times. I...
- Chon said What VexillaRegis said is the truth of the matter:...
- Simon_GNR said “Keep in mind that in these USA Catholics ar...
- Mike said Most of the best confessors I have had were always...
- magister63 said We have that problem at the Novus Ordo parish we...
- JesusFreak84 said I’m frankly too lazy to think of alternate p...
- APX said It very well could also be that people don’t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
- USCCB Pres. Archbp. Kurtz comments on Obama Admin’s slithery new HHS mandate rules
- ASK FATHER: Ways to improve celebration of Mass with Novus Ordo
- A note to bloggers and to those who register
- MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
- Pope calls family of American journalist killed by Muslims
- Spectator’s hard-hitting commentary on pontificate of Pope Francis
- UPDATED! OKLAHOMA CITY: Lawsuit v Satanic event, Consecrated Host turned over!
- Fr. Finigan looks at “routine” Communions
- CWR: Finding What Should Never Have Been Lost: Priests and the Extraordinary Form
- James Foley, journalist murdered by ISIS Islamic terrorists, prayed the Rosary
- HAM RADIO and ECHOLINK revisited
- REVIEW: The Giver
- Student sneezes. Girl says, “Bless you!” Girl suspended.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 22 June 2010
I understand the intrepid Andrea Tornielli says Basel’s Bishop Kurt Koch could be the new Archon of Alliteration … ehem… Administrator of Assonance, … no, that’s not it … the new Capo of Concord… the new Director of Dialogue… ugh… … Continue reading
President Bartlett would not fire Gen. McChrystal.
BTW… here is another example of a volcano influencing history.
It seems McChrystal and staff were stuck together for a long time because of the volcano in Iceland.
Do you get the feeling that for the … Continue reading
You might have read that the Vatican’s increasingly strange newspaper L’Osservatore Romano had a fluff piece on that famously "Catholic" movie The Blues Brothers.
I like The Blues Brothers. After all these years it still makes me laugh… perhaps … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I’ll get right to the point: is it not required that a concelebrant be able to see the matter he is consecrating? I am certain that it is, but I am not able to defend this thesis … Continue reading
Usually the average parish bulletin "pastor’s page" is… well… suboptimal.
But not at the little parish St. John’s on the east side of St. Paul, MN where the mighty Fr. George Welzbacher is pastor.
He has a highly crafted Pastor’s Page … Continue reading
I have written about Loome’s Theological Booksellers – near my native place in Minnesota – on more than one occasion (e.g., here and here).
They are now on Twitter and Facebook. Please give them a boost!
But wait! There’s more!
I am also … Continue reading
For your brick by brick file…
I have written about Madison’s bishop, Most Rev. Robert Morlino before (for example here and here).
Pro-abortion activists, aging-hippie liturgy types, and proponents of wymynprysts really dislike this guy.
All the more reason to support him … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, had a great piece on Live Shots the other day.
Andrea Bocelli: Doctor Told Mom To Abort Me
June 9, 2010 – 7:21 AM | by: Greg Burke
Singer Andrea Bocelli, one of … Continue reading