Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Per Signum Crucis said Just to add that I have now watched the video: as...
- LucaMaria Melchisedech said Chiming in. I’ve listened every day so far....
- Gratias said Thank you Father for the Holy thoughts. We need yo...
- Kindspirit said “Built of Living Stones” is the statem...
- Giuseppe said How about Cardinal Dolan on Sunday’s Meet th...
- Widukind said LENTEN LUNCH Lenten lunch, and penitential fare,...
- Andrew Saucci said If muskrat actually does have the “taste of...
- Liz said Polycarpio, thank you for the link to the story ab...
- Andrew Saucci said Too bad we can’t clone Bishop Morlino. We ne...
- Legisperitus said The unfortunate thing about the Quote that WonR...
- Suburbanbanshee said The original intent was probably to provide a dece...
- IntroiboAdAltareDei said Pax in Maria. @Hank Igitur, I was curious to kno...
- excalibur said It is amazing to see how much fasting has been rem...
- OrthodoxChick said Are we doing this again?? For those who don’...
- wmeyer said …and with my typos, it’s well that I d...
- Bob B. said @robtbrown It was a long war. I was on a 30-day l...
- wmeyer said Chcken, it is the most common error made with my n...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Joe in Canada, Thanks! Masked Chicken, Do you know...
- oldCatholigirl said I know I’m probably too late to defend my fi...
- Chon said Sword40, yes, it would be great to have such a par...
- oldCatholigirl said Presumably its all about getting government benefi...
- Rachel K said Praying for you now Fr Z.
- Polycarpio said There was a great story on CNS about Archbishop Sa...
- kevinm said Thank you Father… Kevin
- Sword40 said Chon, I’m really glad that Holy Rosary is in...
- juventutemDC said THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, your Grace! We...
- Mike said A Hail Mary each for you and for Cardinal George.
- The Masked Chicken said wmeyer, Sorry for the extra s. My comment reading...
- McCall1981 said This part is very intriguing: “I speak to pe...
- Kathleen10 said Nice explanation of the Holy Father’s words....
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- WSJ: Long interview with D. Madison’s happy culture warrior, Bp. Morlino
- My View For Awhile: Heading South Edition
- WDTPRS Monday in the 1st Week of Lent (NO)
- Another request for a prayer
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday 1st Week of Lent
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Daily Archives: 22 June 2010
I understand the intrepid Andrea Tornielli says Basel’s Bishop Kurt Koch could be the new Archon of Alliteration … ehem… Administrator of Assonance, … no, that’s not it … the new Capo of Concord… the new Director of Dialogue… ugh… … Continue reading
President Bartlett would not fire Gen. McChrystal.
BTW… here is another example of a volcano influencing history.
It seems McChrystal and staff were stuck together for a long time because of the volcano in Iceland.
Do you get the feeling that for the … Continue reading
You might have read that the Vatican’s increasingly strange newspaper L’Osservatore Romano had a fluff piece on that famously "Catholic" movie The Blues Brothers.
I like The Blues Brothers. After all these years it still makes me laugh… perhaps … Continue reading
From a priest reader:
I’ll get right to the point: is it not required that a concelebrant be able to see the matter he is consecrating? I am certain that it is, but I am not able to defend this thesis … Continue reading
Usually the average parish bulletin "pastor’s page" is… well… suboptimal.
But not at the little parish St. John’s on the east side of St. Paul, MN where the mighty Fr. George Welzbacher is pastor.
He has a highly crafted Pastor’s Page … Continue reading
I have written about Loome’s Theological Booksellers – near my native place in Minnesota – on more than one occasion (e.g., here and here).
They are now on Twitter and Facebook. Please give them a boost!
But wait! There’s more!
I am also … Continue reading
For your brick by brick file…
I have written about Madison’s bishop, Most Rev. Robert Morlino before (for example here and here).
Pro-abortion activists, aging-hippie liturgy types, and proponents of wymynprysts really dislike this guy.
All the more reason to support him … Continue reading
The fair-minded nearly-ubiquitous John Allen, sadly still with the National Catholic Reporter, posted the transcript of his interview with His Eminence Francis Card. George of Chicago, now President of the USCCB.
There has been a question about what Card. George said … Continue reading
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, had a great piece on Live Shots the other day.
Andrea Bocelli: Doctor Told Mom To Abort Me
June 9, 2010 – 7:21 AM | by: Greg Burke
Singer Andrea Bocelli, one of … Continue reading